Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > New Mancubus and *real* new Pinky
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:58. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
funcrusher
Warming Up

VERY COOL. Reminiscent of the classic marine garb but still original.

That reminds me of something. In DooM, all the zombies are the marines possessed comrades, correct? Then why are they dressed completely different. THe former human, sergeant, and heavy weapons dude all are dressed in what looks like dirty fatigues while our marine runs around in a dayglo green space suit. What gives?

I always thought they should look somewhat similar. Do you think this should be corrected in FreeDooM or should it be left alone? A talented artist (such as SoK) could combine their two looks for something very cool.

Old Post 09-09-01 23:20 #
funcrusher is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
funcrusher
Warming Up

Where can I see the in-progress shots of the new pinky?

Old Post 09-10-01 00:09 #
funcrusher is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Saint_of_Killers
Pistol Start

Here there is a 2 page article in german with 4 photos of the Quakecon footage

http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/qcdoom3.htm

Old Post 09-10-01 12:51 #
Saint_of_Killers is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
funcrusher
Warming Up

My bad. I thought someone was working on a new pinky for FreeDooM. I wasn't particularily impressed with the Doom 3 footage of the New Demon, and I don't think the SoK "sluggy" looks much like that at all. Much cooler.

keep up the work SoK.

Old Post 09-10-01 19:52 #
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

if this monster makes it into freedom the name will have to be changed, like "DooM" the word "mancubus" is copyright of id. May I suggest the name "Uncubus"?

The name isn't defined in the WAD so its unchangeable with the basic freedoom iwad.

Old Post 09-15-01 11:39 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote