Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > Imps

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
XDelusion

Are the snake guys that replace the Imps going to be in the final version? For some reason they do not sit well with me, I personally think all the enemies should pretty much resemble the originals, since this is going to be a DOOM clone, also I think the quality could be better, no offence to who ever made them but...

Has anyone tried to get permission to use Enemies from HacX? It was never finished, so maybe would could use the enemies from it, for one that would save time, and for seconds it would *******ly improve to Quality of FreeDOOM, which is a top priority if it is going to be shipping with Linux distros and the like. I mean how are you going to turn people onto DOOM, if all the enemies are gay and the weapons look like crap? I know DOOM does not have the best GFX in the 1st place but still, the Snake Men look bad, as do the shotguns from the last I have seen. Sorry, I just want this to be perfect! :) Ya I am asking a lot.

I'll try to find more time so I can contribute to the project as well, but atm I am working two jobs and have NO time. :/

Old Post 10-30-01 14:17 #
XDelusion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

I think the snake guys are better suited to hellknights. I know the frames don't work the same way, but if it started with a 3d rendering it wouldn't be hard to change it.

I think the cacodemon replacement is perfectly good though, and it's nothing like the original.

Old Post 11-07-01 20:03 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

My point is, if we're going to keep the snake, we should make him less common. It doesn't look like joe average monster, it looks like a mini-boss.

Oh, and a couple of frame displacements need to be fixed. Warp to map13 and you'll notice it looks like they're flashing. They're supposed to be behind a two-sided wall, but one of their frames is too far to the right.

Old Post 11-07-01 20:06 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

I think I agree.

Old Post 11-07-01 23:46 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote