bugs i have encountered

What Do You Think Of Freedoom  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think Of Freedoom

• I Think Its Awesome
    • It\'s Good Despite the Bugs In The Beta
    • I Think It Could Undergo Some Major Improving
    • I Think It Sucks

so far in FreeDoom i have encountered quite a few bugs. But then again it is a beta after all. As i played the game i encountered problems where a switch wouldn't work or a door wouldn't work. When i would be in a case like that i would have to use the idclip code to get passed the doors that wouldn't work or the doors the broken switch was supposed to open. Because it is a beta, i am not surprised by these problems. Also because it is a beta the developers will easily be able to fix the problems. Overall, i think FreeDoom is a good iwad and game despite the problems you may encounter. I'm not sure who the developers are, but their doing a good job so far...

If you can't get certain switches and doors to work, you're probably not using a Boom-compatible port. Try PrBoom, PrBoom-Plus, ZDoom, Eternity Engine, or EDGE.

NOTE: It may be just my levels, but any key open doors don't work right in zdoom. IN Zdoom, no keys are needed....
ZDoom may get the job done, but it may not.

and i think all boom engines can just go to hell. i tried boom and i didn't like it. no offence to whoever likes it. i like zdoom but the doors and stuff just didn't either in zdoom. i thought it was because it didn't download correctly or something. so i downloaded it a few more times to make sure. same problem. the answer is bugs in the iwad.

Not much of a chance that the boom engines are going to go away any time soon since they have their own huge user base.

alienzombie101 said:

and i think all boom engines can just go to hell. i tried boom and i didn't like it. no offence to whoever likes it. i like zdoom but the doors and stuff just didn't either in zdoom. i thought it was because it didn't download correctly or something. so i downloaded it a few more times to make sure. same problem. the answer is bugs in the iwad.

There are plenty of other boom-compatible ports out there, if you look around you may find one that you like.

However, if things don't work properly in non-boom compatible ports, please don't describe them as bugs. The Freedoom levels are designed for boom-compatible ports and this is explicitly stated.

Locking the thread since this can inevitably only turn into a boom compatible vs. vanilla flamewar..