Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > Secrets map 03

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ulrichdemlehner
Warming Up

Hi! I need some help with map 03 of Freedoom. There are 3 secrets in that map, but I'm not able to access the last one of the secrets. I see the small chamber near the "south end" (lower end, just facing the doors with the AGM logo) of the map when using the IDDT cheat code. Standing in front of the chamber I see a wall texture indicating a door, but I have not been able to find a way to open this door. Can anybody help please? TIA

Old Post 09-20-09 11:42 #
ulrichdemlehner is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Catoptromancy
Forum Regular

Which version of freedoom? There is a new map03. I just checked map03 and the secrets are fairly easy to get.

Old Post 09-20-09 12:57 #
Catoptromancy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ulrichdemlehner
Warming Up

Not easy to read on the intro screen, but I guess it's v0.64 dated 2009/06/15.

Old Post 09-20-09 13:06 #
ulrichdemlehner is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Catoptromancy
Forum Regular

What port are you using? I tried all the doors and they worked.
Try flipping a switch behind crates and revisit the secrets.

Last edited by Catoptromancy on 09-21-09 at 07:55

Old Post 09-21-09 07:44 #
Catoptromancy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ulrichdemlehner
Warming Up

I'm using PrBoom. Could you pls detail where the switch you're talking of is located? TIA

Old Post 09-21-09 08:37 #
ulrichdemlehner
Warming Up

I found the switch behind the crates, but how can I access it? As far as I remember the original Doom game, there was a key or key combination to jump, but I did not find anything mentioned in the online help screen. Is there a way to get rid of the crates?

Old Post 09-21-09 20:23 #
Catoptromancy
Forum Regular

You can switch it, just keep hitting space at right angle.

Old Post 09-21-09 20:38 #
sgtcrispy
Forum Regular

Yikes, I made the map and couldn't even remember where the 3rd one was at.

You shoot the switch behind the crates, go back to the 1st secret spot and flip the switch there then head to the obvious spot where it's at.

The third one is in the sewer area down near the yellow key.

Old Post 09-24-09 01:45 #
sgtcrispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Catoptromancy
Forum Regular

Oh ya, forgot about shooting things.

Whenever I get trapped in any map I look for places to shoot that I couldnt reach or hump the walls while fisting them. Usually find a few secrets in some maps, before I find the right path.

Old Post 09-24-09 02:50 #
Archfile
Mini-Member

I dont understand the point of this .Cant we find them ourselve any more???

Old Post 01-26-10 14:57 #
Archfile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote