Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > Any old members remember MAP13 on floppy

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:04. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wesleyjohnson

I am curious if anyone still remembers my first submission to FreeDoom.
The same people might still be around.

I had to submit it by mailing a floppy to one of the members. I think there were two at the time, and then a third joined on the forum.
The submission was a new MAP13 level, which may have had some of the same features as my new MAP13. Something happened after that and contact was lost, the project went quiet (I think).

This could have been 1998, 1999, maybe 2000.
I remember myk on the forum, but I do not think it was this forum.

Data from those days has been lost due to an unfortunate incident with PCTOOLS defragmenter. Any potential backups are on magtape, the reader which has been in a box since before 2000.

Old Post 01-20-10 22:24 #
wesleyjohnson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Mailing a floppy? As in floppy disk? Is this a joke?

Freedoom started 2001 so I think you may be confused ...

Old Post 01-20-10 23:43 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
wesleyjohnson

Was 2001 the first time or after it moved to a new host ???
It could be as late as 2002.

The map that I was fixing was that same MAP13 that was in Freedoom last year, and it did not work then either.
It must have been Freedoom.

Old Post 01-22-10 02:42 #
wesleyjohnson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

This is the initial discussion thread that led to the project. It moved to Sourceforge in Sep. 2002.

I was running the project from its start all the way through until a couple of years ago. I certainly don't remember anything about mailing a floppy disk, so at the very least, it wasn't me that you contacted.

Old Post 01-22-10 14:18 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
wesleyjohnson

I went over the old posts in this forum and I do not recognize the subjects and do not recognize any of my old names.
I could be another project, but it is hard to believe that there was
another doom level project with the same old MAP13.
Did Freedoom fork at some time ?

Old Post 01-22-10 23:10 #
david_a

The only other "free DOOM IWAD" project I know of is The People's Doom, which never went anywhere.

Old Post 01-23-10 19:27 #
david_a is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote