Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > Free Doom doom 2 maps?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
glaber

I downloaded the latest versions of Freedoom and I'm now wondering, what happened to the freedoom versions of the doom 2 maps? In the Doom 2 wad the first map is the Doom 1 equivalent for E1M1 instead of the equivalent of Doom 2's Map02.

Old Post 03-24-10 05:27 #
glaber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
wesleyjohnson
Forum Regular

You might have got Ultimate FreeDoom. There's been talk about it,
but I am not working on that one. The FreeDoom (DoomII) last release was 2009 to remove some suspect music (0.6.4).

Downloaded from where, the release page ??, the daily builds ??

Old Post 03-25-10 21:54 #
wesleyjohnson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

None of the levels should be "equivalents" of original Doom maps, to be honest.

Old Post 03-26-10 10:44 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

at some point I mapped the freedoom-doom1-e1m1 to freedoom-doom2-map01, as we (I?) decided that the existing freedoom-doom2-map01 was too similar to doom2-map01 and generally of a low quality. (disclaimer: I designed freedoom-doom1-e1m1).

Old Post 03-26-10 17:20 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glaber

Managed to find what I was looking for on an old hard drive, and I'm enjoying some of the removed maps. Makes me wonder if they were removed for the same reasons as MAP01.

Old Post 08-26-10 00:47 #
glaber is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote