Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > A few changes
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Freedoom is not dead! But its true to say that incoming stuff has frozen to a near halt. Because of this, I've removed all assigns.

If you still have a genuine wish to complete a resource you have had assigned, then you can beg me to put it back.

Otherwise, if you've had you heart on completing something that was previously assigned to someone else, now is your chance.

Old Post 02-20-02 11:00 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

The only reason things were coming in so fast at the beginning was because it was all music, flats and textures, which are relatively quick to make.

Now that they're all done (or nearly done, in the case of the textures), all that's left is levels and sprites, and it'll take people a while to create decent ones.

Anyway, put me back for map22.

Old Post 02-20-02 11:43 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Ok, I've assigned it and dated it.

If we date assigns in future we can keep a better record of 'resource squatting'.

Old Post 02-20-02 22:01 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

Put me back on map02.

Old Post 02-21-02 06:21 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

I was thinking, maybe we need some kind of more attainable short term goal. At the moment we're plodding along without any kind of plans or goals. I thought maybe we could start a short term "sub-project" of creating a complete shareware wad. This is almost attainable - we just need a couple more monsters, some sounds and levels. I'm sure it would get interest up again. What does everyone else think?

Old Post 02-21-02 16:05 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

Sounds good to me.

* needs to fix some of his entries...

Old Post 02-21-02 16:11 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KNorton
Multiplayer Forum Moderator

weeee freedoom. Time 2 idle in #freedoom again

Old Post 02-21-02 17:28 #
KNorton is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

Put me back on Map24.

Old Post 02-21-02 18:44 #
AndrewB is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
RusseII
Banned

AndrewB a moderator?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old Post 02-21-02 21:12 #
RusseII is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Yeah, I've been so busy with Millennium, haven't made much progress on my Map13.

I'm not going to claim it again until after Millennium's done.

Sorry.

Old Post 02-22-02 12:08 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Yeah, I've been so busy with Millennium, haven't made much progress on my Map13.

I'm not going to claim it again until after Millennium's done.

Sorry.

Thats ok- at least you aren't claiming it and then sitting on it, which would be worse.

Old Post 02-22-02 13:30 #
Saint_of_Killers
Pistol Start

Finished examen's time.
I'm back for good!
May I make the Demon?

Old Post 02-22-02 18:50 #
Saint_of_Killers is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Hmm... I have to admit I've been ignoring my doom stuff recently. I've lost my creativity somewhere. For this reason, I'm not gonna re-claim any stuff, but I'll probably continue to work on a map 32, when I feel like it. If someone submits one before me, meh. I can live with it.

Fraggle - sounds good... what exactly would we need?

Old Post 02-23-02 01:31 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

OK, status updated.

Old Post 02-25-02 10:01 #
fraggle

Fraggle - sounds good... what exactly would we need?

Probably not much, actually. If you look at the list of things we need for a shareware wad, we have:

Textures - we probably have all the textures we need already, the number missing if any will be small
Graphics (menus etc) - Mostly the menu graphics and the between-level stuff. Most of the other graphics have already been done.
Music - We already have an overabundance of music. No problem there.
Levels - We only need 10 levels, I'm sure there are plenty of E1-style levels already out there that we could use.
Misc lumps - playpal, colormap etc. Done.
Sprites - Main priority here is the monsters. Episode 1 didnt have that many different monsters - we only need replacements for the Demon and Baron[s] of Hell (all others are already done). Some of the other miscellaneous items need to be done as well, of course (powerup items).
Sound Effects - We need people to do sound effects pretty desperately. The shareware wad, by my count only has 55 sound effects (doom2.wad has 108), but these are "core" sound effects. Some have been done already (20-30). In the worst case we could always fill in the remaining sound effects with blank sounds, although that would suck.

I think this would be really useful. As well as bringing back interest in Freedoom it would fill in some of the big holes we have.

Old Post 02-26-02 15:54 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Levels - We only need 10 levels, I'm sure there are plenty of E1-style levels already out there that we could use.
Actually, I have a few that need some quick touchups. I lost the 2 best ones back in 1995 with a hard drive failure, but anyways, they're old but they'd at least be original. Plus they run with vanilla doom.exe.

Old Post 02-27-02 02:05 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Actually, I have a few that need some quick touchups. I lost the 2 best ones back in 1995 with a hard drive failure, but anyways, they're old but they'd at least be original. Plus they run with vanilla doom.exe.

I could (probably) do touch-ups... depends what you need... If you want, send a couple to AirRaid@planettonyhawk.com, with a text file saying what you want done to em...

Old Post 02-28-02 00:24 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Saint_of_Killers
Pistol Start

I need long time, but I'm working on the demon (sent preview to the project site)

Old Post 03-02-02 11:00 #
Saint_of_Killers is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fraggle

I need long time, but I'm working on the demon (sent preview to the project site)

http://freedoom.despayre.org:81/art...llers/Demon.jpg

Nice. Cant wait for the finished result :)

By the way, I was thinking about your problem with the white speckles on the borders of sprites. You may want to try drawing a black line around the sprites before you scan them - that way, you get black speckles instead which blend in a lot better. Also, do you think you could upload some hi-res (2x or 4x) versions of the sprites? People might conceivably want to do hires sprites in the same way they're doing hires textures.

Old Post 03-02-02 22:31 #
Saint_of_Killers
Pistol Start

White/Black artifacts: Do you know what is a Columbus Egg? That is....

About Hi-res sprites: I was joust thinking about this, only I dunno if the allmighty Jakko is implementing this feature into his wonderful engine. By the way I have all the original scans of my sprites stored in large format in 24 bit...

Old Post 03-03-02 12:25 #
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Nice Demon S-o-k! I like it.

Old Post 03-03-02 15:18 #
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

About Hi-res sprites: I was joust thinking about this, only I dunno if the allmighty Jakko is implementing this feature into his wonderful engine. By the way I have all the original scans of my sprites stored in large format in 24 bit...

Someone most likely will do, if Jakko doesn't.

good work :)

Old Post 03-04-02 11:39 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Put me down for map01. I wanna do that cos it will only have to be a small map and I can do it rather quickly...hopefully. So yeah.

Old Post 03-08-02 05:02 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Ok, done.

Old Post 03-13-02 10:22 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Thanks.

Old Post 03-13-02 13:59 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

hey, um....if there is any more maps that needs to be completed, just let me know, I can make 5 large maps in less than 2 weeks.

Old Post 03-13-02 21:43 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

I guess we're going quality over quantity/speed.

Old Post 03-13-02 22:59 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
geekmarine

Son of a gun, man!!! I swear, I had been working on a very lovely MAP01, but then my little brother felt the need to delete my Doom 2 directory, so forget that. It was looking awesome, and I was really excited about it, too. Oh well, I'm glad to see that people are actually still working on it, at least.

Old Post 03-15-02 14:15 #
geekmarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

Heh I were supposed to make a MAP01 a couple of months back... but I never got around to it.

Old Post 03-15-02 15:06 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

I'll do Barrels O' Fun, okay? I've got some cruel Ideas that should work well.

Old Post 03-16-02 19:23 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote