Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > Discussion of Map 05 first secret.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Springy

I'm not sure what revision of the FreeDoom wad I am using (all I know is that it is called FreeDoom 2). I noticed that the first secret area (the one accessible from the teleporter near the start) has a set of light amplification goggles contained in it (even though they pretty much aren't needed), isn't a radiation suit more needed there (considering that you have to go through damaging slime). Picture here for reference to what I mean http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...m201301110.png/

Also, I noticed this switch in Map 03 (I think it's map 03). http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...m201301110.png/ Should the switch really be there? For one, it does nothing upon interacting with it and the second thing is that's a Doom texture so I thought I would just mention about that.

Old Post 01-11-13 18:38 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgtcrispy
Forum Regular

Springy said:
Also, I noticed this switch in Map 03 (I think it's map 03). http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...m201301110.png/ Should the switch really be there? For one, it does nothing upon interacting with it and the second thing is that's a Doom texture so I thought I would just mention about that.

No, it's not. It just looks very close to the original doom texture. Like a good number the textures.

It opens the door that closes shut when you step over the triggering linedef.

If you noclip over the line then use the switch then it does nothing, because the door should be open. Remember noclip can breaks maps.

Old Post 01-12-13 02:21 #
sgtcrispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Oh right, I must have not heard the sound then as I never noclipped in FreeDoom. Regarding Map 05 though, am I correct in saying that it would be more logical o have a rad suit there?

Old Post 01-14-13 11:25 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote