Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > A replacement for dsbossit.au (final boss initial sound) / unfa says hello

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:42. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
unfa

Hi!

As this is my first post on this forums, let me shortly introduce myself (you may just skip to the point - *)

I'm unfa. I'm a fanatic GNU/Linux user, a hoobyist/amateur musician making electronic music and writing funny songs with passion and love. For living I record and produce audiobooks and such.

http://unfamusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/OutOfMemory-300x225.jpg
-The above image links to my recent production-

I recelnty got into a phase for Doom and all that's related with it. I've been playing some Freedoom months ago, and I want to play much more in my free time :) I found this project while searching Ubuntu repositories.

I wanted to extract Freedoom's soundtrack (music) for listening purposes (I think this music is really nicely done!) but I couldn't play .mus files. Insead - I found .au files and found dsbossit.au - the file that in Doom 2 was scary and antmospheric. Knowing what's that I quicly reversed it and changet it's speed to hear the original. What I heard was funny, but totally off the theme. Also very noisy and badly distorted (not to mention it wasn't normalized)

*THE POINT:

So I sat down in my home studio and gave it a shot. I didn't think of any other words but the original "To win this game..." and this is a result of my first try at this topic:

http://www.freesound.org/people/unfa/sounds/180922/ or http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/dsbossit.zip

I'd like to know if you like this, and if I could do something for this project as a sound guy.

Pax!

Last edited by unfa on 03-15-13 at 11:49

Old Post 03-15-13 11:29 #
unfa is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
wesleyjohnson

Hi. I use Linux too. Sometimes everyone on this forum get distracted.
You might have to wait awhile. I submitted three levels last week and cannot get any attention.

Old Post 03-16-13 22:24 #
wesleyjohnson is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
unfa

That seems true. Gonna wait some more. There's always stuff to do, I won't be bored ;)

Old Post 03-18-13 09:14 #
unfa is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Catoptromancy
Forum Regular

I think that is the same one I downloaded from irc. It does sound good but Freedoom needs more original stuff. Pretty much any backwards voice is way to close to original Doom2. Just a very big monster alert sound is needed. Could be anything really.

Freedoom is not a clone of Doom. It is only compatible.

wesley, https://github.com/chungy/freedoom/commits/master

Old Post 03-18-13 14:29 #
Catoptromancy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
unfa

Okay, I see.

Last edited by unfa on 03-18-13 at 19:42

Old Post 03-18-13 15:13 #