Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > Final touch up to NITRO

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:10. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Protox
Green Marine

Well FreeDM is getting 100% done to vannila gameplay, it means that at anytime freedm will make his apaerance at odamex nitro, ok my request is some skins if possible because i know that odamex support skins and on gameplay is fun see some diferents players.

So let's make or donate skins to freedm lets make it most fun possible to the arrival of freedm on odaa nitro!

Edit: i don't know any such megawad whit skins that support on odamex, maybe us can be the 1st mega (IWAD) whit skins on odamex

Old Post 02-20-14 19:48 #
Protox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

It's a nice idea but it's more difficult than you seem to think it is. Any skins will have to be freely licensed to be included in the FreeDM IWAD: as far as I know most skins are reworkings of Id sprites, etc.

It might be possible to rework some of Freedoom's monsters into alternate player skins.

Old Post 02-20-14 20:18 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Protox
Green Marine

dynamite pwad to zandronum has 2 original skins made for then but and they are 14 map pack deathmatch, well maybe we can create it fine why not?

anyway when i look on zandronum skin forum have a lot of original skins there, anyway i have told too before:

Lets MAKE or DONATE... maybe lot of players of zandro have a account there so they an donate fine, anyway we need to be sure that dont crash vannila when loading?

Old Post 02-20-14 20:26 #
Protox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle

I'm just skeptical because getting complete sets of sprites has been the hardest thing for the project. But if you can find some completely original sprites and authors who are willing to donate them, great!

Old Post 02-20-14 21:51 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
J.B.R

I made skins using freedoom's zombies(except chaingunner) and I can upload them if you want.

Last edited by J.B.R on 03-10-14 at 20:24

Old Post 02-23-14 21:11 #
J.B.R is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle

Chaingunner obviously makes no sense :) I'd be interested to see the zombie skins.

Theoretically I guess there's no reason why we can't use the Worm (Imp) and Serpent (Demon) sprites as skins as well. If we dig into the archives we also have the old ghostbuster demon sprites and the skeleton sprites as well.

Old Post 02-24-14 18:10 #
chungy

fraggle said:
Worm (Imp) and Serpent (Demon) sprites

You got those backwards :P

Old Post 02-24-14 20:55 #
chungy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote