Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jewellds

Updated MAP10 submission

After discovering that Map10 was abandoned by it's original author, I decided to try and finish it myself.

Latest version: http://sta.sh/0s0egxln9ar
Version 21 (old): http://sta.sh/0j97y6wbuoe

Partial list of changes:
-Added a small building to the south of the map, and completed the building at the north of the map.
-The map now has an actual flow, requiring you to find keys, teleports and switches to reach the exit.
-Improved texture alignments throughout. The original map was quite badly misaligned.
-Monsters, weapons, ammo and DM starts throughout the map.
...and loads of other changes too minor to be worth mentioning.

I've tested the map in a few source ports, including Boom 2.02.

Also, I've had this account since 2006, and this is my first post. That's got to be some kind of record! XD

Guest Unregistered account

I'll have a look at it after school. The original Level 10 was my favourite map in the entire of Freedom and is among the best maps.

I'm interested to see the exit fleshed out...

Nice map,but still need improvements:

The line glitch near blue key area "cave" use a front lined thats useless to a double sided "non-blocking" line. (This bug exist since old version)

Some crates is using more 8x pixels up...

The riven near base entrance need to be lowered do you think it too? make it more real.

Secrets ok i found only 2, the waterfall (old version) and the near lava switch.

Nice try in that map they become much good, but i dont like much of your idea of using teleports to get inside of buildings. make my impression of lets go explore this canyon in a simple "WHAT?"

Ah dude the last one i find a bit lost after that switch inside outpost trying to spot what this do? after a good explore i find thay opened the other building door, so try to use a key instead if possible.

EDIT: I Forget to say the weapon placement is very good, dont mean to where you go you aways find a gun, but where's ssg?

Thanks for the feedback, Protox. I've had a look at the problems you posted, and I'll see if I can get a new version out soon.

By the "line glitch" did you mean the two lamps in the blue key area? I agree the way they're constructed at the minute is a bit hacky. I'll fix that.

Thanks for spotting the crates, I'll get those fixed up.

I also agree on the river. That was one of Xerent's bits, and I was considering tweaking it, but for whatever reason never did.

I don't quite agree on the teleport or switch. The reason I chose a teleport to access the outbuilding was because it means the player has to explore most of the caverns in order to beat the map. My idea with the switch was it was a more creative way of gaining access to the lava building, and provides a bit of a puzzle for players. However if it bothers too many people I might be persuaded to change it :D

As for the SSG, that was in the secret you missed ;)

EDIT: Looking at it closer, I don't think you meant the torches. I gave those a minor fix-up anyway :). I can't find the linedef you're talking about. Please could you let me know where it is and I'll fix it. Thanks :)

image upload

Jewellds said:

I don't quite agree on the teleport or switch. The reason I chose a teleport to access the outbuilding was because it means the player has to explore most of the caverns in order to beat the map. My idea with the switch was it was a more creative way of gaining access to the lava building, and provides a bit of a puzzle for players. However if it bothers too many people I might be persuaded to change it :D

Dude when i played i make sure of i cleaned all places in outside before step in any teleport in case of trap and ever i thins way i dont know what this swtch do only when i wandered more in canyon i spotted the opened door meaning "oh that swtch opened tht door.

New version - http://sta.sh/0s0egxln9ar

Protox, I took your feedback on having a key rather than a switch to get into that building, as I realise it was a little too cryptic before. Thanks for your feedback, it helped to make the level better. :)

Changes since the last version:
-The lava building is now accessed by a red key, rather than a switch, and the small building to the south has changed as a result.
-Minor cosmetic improvements to the lamps by the blue key door.
-Lowered some sectors in the river by the building entrance, to make it look more realistic.
-Fixed a crate in the Mancubus room, which was too tall.
-Removed a misplaced midtexture on the cave entrance.
-Fixed a few texture alignment and cosmetic issues surrounding (what is now) the red key door.
-Solved some alignment problems on the rocks in the south-east of the map.

Jewellds said:

-The lava building is now accessed by a red key, rather than a switch, and the small building to the south has changed as a result.

I dont know what you do yet but only to help you a bit, if you ran out of keys blue yellow red, boom gives a cool options of doors only open via skull cards and pass cards, ex:

I have a blue passcard, but if boom features is on, you're not ablue to open a blue skulldoor, and have too doors that open once you have all keys.