Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hex11

E3 map

Hey I was looking through some backups and found this old E3 map I made a long time ago. It uses some Freedoom textures and seems to work okay in latest version of the IWAD. Anyway I noticed you're missing lots of E3 maps, so feel free to use this one if you want. I made it totally from scratch, it's not even based on anything else. It's kinda small and probably needs expanding a bit, but at least it's completable.

Download link:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=61562384712279840523

I like this map. I particularly enjoyed discovering how the crusher works and using it to kill the worms.

It's currently on the E2m3 map slot. I may not be the best player, but I found it a bit tricky to complete it from a pistol start. As it is, it might be a better candidate for a later slot, to allow players to improve their ammo stocks, while still providing a challenge for hardcore players who want to start with only a pistol. :P

It really has too spammy thing and monster placement, and is heavy on oversized, orthogonal, symmetrical hallways. All fights were skippable, ambushes at the shotgun and the blue key were particularly cheap, the former one went over the top with monster's meat.

Little hard and depending of the way of you go on begin the things becomes much hard and most of the gameplay is focused on crucher so, this is a good begin of map but need improvements on gameplay.

I didn't find the crusher, died once speedrunning and beat it in 1:19 on first exit. It is an excellent start, but needs quite a bit of work and expanding.

This map actually started out as an experiment to make Wolf 3D style evil castle, with limited height variation. But I got bored pretty quickly of that and started fooling around and adding monsters so I could have something to shoot rockets at. I don't remember when the crusher showed up...

Yes, it's true that it's easy to finish *if* you know how. Probably expanding it would help fix that, but I haven't really got any ideas at the moment. Last time I started adding to the level without much thought, it never really ended up anywhere and I just scrapped those changes. Maybe it needs some outdoorsy areas with imps and sergeants on battlements and towers, and cacos, demons and lost souls running around the courtyard.

Anyway it's hard to make challenging map without cheap ambushes. Play wads like sudtic and notice how so many ambushes and traps are there to kill you if you happen to lose focus for a bit. Sometimes even your quick reaction to run away from the path of danger just sends you into another trap. Those evil bastaards! :->