Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > The Keen replacement

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:04. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

The relplacement for the Keen sprite have to be some kind of character from Doom, perhaps the marine, right?

Old Post 05-30-02 17:56 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

How about Ling's head in a jar?

Old Post 05-30-02 18:43 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith

That should be the replacement for Romeros head on a spike.

The keen figure should be replaced with the Doom 3 marine of course.

Old Post 05-30-02 20:19 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

I think, as keen/romero/wolfenstein were in-jokes, we should have more creative flexibility with those sets of sprites. At least keen/romero. A chance for the designers who have had to stick to the existing themes for the rest of the wad, to go wild and do something cool.

Old Post 05-31-02 23:46 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Forge315
Warming Up

Well you could use the DopeFish or Osama bin Laden.

Old Post 06-01-02 18:28 #
Forge315 is offline Profile || Blog || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith

I still think Ling's head in a jar would be a fitting replacement for Romero's head on a pole.

Old Post 06-01-02 18:43 #
Insomniak
Doesn't Sleep!

hissy

Old Post 06-01-02 22:36 #
Insomniak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

I think if we decide to do something jokey, we should use someone who has done a great deal for freedoom.

Old Post 06-02-02 20:49 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

The FISH!!

Old Post 06-07-02 13:27 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anders
No one knows I'm schepe

lings head in a jar is a really good idea for bossbrain replacement...

Old Post 06-08-02 10:33 #
Anders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

why?

Old Post 06-08-02 12:56 #
Submerge

he's done a lot for freedoom by putting up this forum, and the doom community in general by founding doomworld.

that enough of a reason?

Old Post 06-08-02 16:50 #
Submerge is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

How about the generic mewse fish hanging from a noose?

Old Post 06-08-02 18:38 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Submerge said:
he's done a lot for freedoom by putting up this forum

I wouldn't go into that

and the doom community in general by founding doomworld.

Yeah but there are many people who have done loads of work on _freedoom_ like Saint of Killers, (that other guy who's name I forgot but almost did all the textures single handedly - edit) Espi, fredrik, ajapted in more recent days, nick baker, fraggle, arioch for the server...

Old Post 06-09-02 13:13 #
Little Faith

Ok the fish instead of keen.

The boss brain would be a special honor that we should not hurry about granting.

Old Post 06-09-02 20:10 #
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

The boss brain would be a special honor that we should not hurry ]about granting.

agreed.

Old Post 06-09-02 23:10 #
fraggle

http://freedoom.despayre.org:81/deutex/sprites/fraggle/keena0.gifhttp://freedoom.despayre.org:81/deutex/sprites/fraggle/keenm0.gif

Old Post 06-10-02 18:14 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

lookin good :)

Old Post 06-10-02 19:03 #
Submerge

Not bad! In my opinion, it should be the green one with jon's fish as the pain frame. and make the rope longer.

Old Post 06-11-02 14:27 #
fraggle

Submerge said:
Not bad! In my opinion, it should be the green one with jon's fish as the pain frame. and make the rope longer.
It looks a bit out of proportion because the fish is wider than keen and its the same height as the original. I tried making the rope longer but the fish ends up hanging through the floor.

Old Post 06-11-02 20:00 #
WildWeasel`
Warming Up

Hmm, well as for the bossbrain replacement...I WOULD say Dangerous Dave, but that could lead to copyright issues (ironically, because Dangerous Dave's first game was called "Copyright Infringement")...

Old Post 06-13-02 06:06 #
WildWeasel` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle

I put the finished version in. Unfortunately the death animation kind of sucks (I'm crap at this kind of stuff) but seeing as its only a secret this doesnt really matter too much. Feel free to improve it, anyone..

Old Post 06-14-02 18:13 #
Anders
No one knows I'm schepe

WildWeasel said:
Hmm, well as for the bossbrain replacement...I WOULD say Dangerous Dave, but that could lead to copyright issues (ironically, because Dangerous Dave's first game was called "Copyright Infringement")...

no, it was the second.

Old Post 06-18-02 21:14 #
Anders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

if i was doing a keen replacement i would do a candlabra thats lit and when you hit it enough times it starts a fire on the groun then goes out i seen a wad with a fire sprite i think it was one of laura beyers 1st wads

as for the boss brain i would put bill gates or osama bin laden or a computer

Old Post 07-09-02 00:07 #
hypr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote