Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > cool template

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

for all of the people making the freedoom levels, you should give this doom2 wad a try.
ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/id...p-r/phobos2.zip

Old Post 06-27-02 05:31 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Is that Roger Ritenour's wad?

Old Post 06-27-02 06:08 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

yeah, and it kicks ass

Old Post 06-27-02 06:11 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Yeah, if I remember correctly, that was the only one of his I thoroughly enjoyed the whole way though. The others all had incredible moments, and then some rather weak ones (highlighted of course by his god damn annoying use of un-mappable walls).

Old Post 06-27-02 07:20 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Linguica

http://www.doomworld.com/newstuff/phobos.shtml

Old Post 06-27-02 09:46 #
Linguica is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Goddamn this is a fucking sweet wad!

Old Post 06-27-02 10:38 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

It's a great wad, and I have taken it into account in e1m1 (and e1m8's planning) however there are a few things about it that make it (or a clone) unsuitable generally for freedoom.

You can broadly categorise wads into two types- those which are designed to be played, and those which are designed to be looked at. Of course, the definitions aren't clear-cut and there's a lot of crossover, but I think the phobos map is firmly (and excellently) in the look-at category. Freedoom needs to be predominantly in the play category.

Old Post 06-27-02 12:32 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote