Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > The Animated Blood textures...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Eehhh... I've been slowly but steadily working on a Bloodfalls map... and the more I look at it the more I dislike the animated blood textures... Bfall1,2,3,4 and the 3 flats. I know the saying goes 'If you don't like it, make one yourself'... and I tried.... But I actually suck at creating original art. I tried recolouring/touching up the 'sfall' patches, but I can't get it to look like anything decent. I like the look of the sfall ones... and I'd like to see the Bfall ones looking similar.... I mean, bfall and sfall were identical in the original WAD, (probably just id being lazy, but meh), so I think they should tile in Freedoom too...

I'm done now.

Old Post 07-17-02 23:34 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

How would the texture look if static, and scrolled using the boom special effects? I was thinking of submitting the sfall texture again as a custom so it didn't animate for e1m1.

Old Post 07-18-02 00:31 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Eh. Does boom just scroll it smoothly? I can't remember seeing many boom effects...

Anyway, I think I can scratch this topic already... I just spent an hour on this (I'm bored OK? :P) and I think I got it looking pretty good...

www.planettonyhawk.com/thcs/airraid/bfall.gif

I included the current Freedoom one for people who are to lazy to go look at it. I think the reason mine was looking too crap before was because it was too bright... I moved it to the greyer red scale in the palette and it looked a lot better. I'm rambling.

Old Post 07-18-02 01:37 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esayeek

AirRaid said:
Eh. Does boom just scroll it smoothly?

yes.

Old Post 07-18-02 01:46 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Mkay. But Freedoom isn't using Boom effects, so isn't this irrelevant?

Old Post 07-18-02 04:18 #
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

AirRaid said:
Freedoom isn't using Boom effects
Is too.

Old Post 07-18-02 04:33 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

is too

Heh. FAQBOMBS AWAY!

Old Post 07-18-02 10:42 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

OK, so I missed that in my absence. I still think my blood texture is better... :P And ya, of course it'd look better smooth-scrolling rather than doing 4 frames looped.

Old Post 07-19-02 01:03 #
andrewj

Doesn't BOOM require line types for scrolling ? If so, the BFALL (etc) textures can't be static as it would mess up old pwads. Having a new version (like BFALLNA) that didn't animate would still be a good idea.

BTW, what do you think about adding a waterfall animation (basically a blueified BFALL or SFALL). That's one texture I always missed in standard DOOM.

Old Post 07-23-02 02:00 #
andrewj is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Ajapted -

Jon said:
How would the texture look if static, and scrolled using the boom special effects? I was thinking of submitting the sfall texture again as a custom so it didn't animate for e1m1.

That's precisely what he said.

Old Post 07-23-02 03:13 #
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Ajapted said:
BTW, what do you think about adding a waterfall animation (basically a blueified BFALL or SFALL). That's one texture I always missed in standard DOOM.

I think thats a good idea.

Old Post 07-23-02 11:21 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

I did this:

http://www.freewebz.com/artificial_hell/wfall.html

http://www.freewebz.com/artificial_hell/wfall.zip

You'll need to copy and paste those links, freewebz don't like hotlinking...hope they are ok.

I can upload to the freedoom ftp if you want...in fact I will.

Old Post 07-23-02 12:34 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Standard doom actually has support for WFALL[1-4] textures but the textures themselves arent in the wad. Strange eh? Anyway, I'll put them in.

Old Post 07-23-02 20:27 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Fraggle's also created entries to TEXTURE1 for static waterfalls-

where SFALL* (* = 1-4) is the animated textures,
SFALL is the static version;

same for BFALL, WFALL. Now go and make boom-scrolling waterfalls :)

Old Post 07-23-02 22:02 #