Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > woohoo!! =)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
esayeek

I had a burst of inspiration and started my freedoom map today!

I laid down 6000 sidedefs in 6 hours easily with lots of breaks (because build has the most kick-ass easiest to use sector drawing system ever), converted them with map2wad, and loaded them into deth with no errors. yippie!!!111111

i made 17 incremental backups during the BUILD session, and I crashed only twice, out of which one crash trashed my current map and i had to go back 10minutes to the last backup. I think build crashes mostly in 3d mode. anyway, here's a screenshot of the 3658 linedefs i need to texture now :/ ;)

http://home.adelphia.net/~mainlimits/map31.gif

Old Post 07-30-02 09:39 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Looking good. I wish I had the inspiration like you but lately my mind has gone dead :P

Old Post 07-30-02 10:00 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esayeek

mmnpsrsoskl said:
Looking good. I wish I had the inspiration like you but lately my mind has gone dead :P

ehh, i dont think i'm any master of inspiration. i was assigned map31 on june 22 and just came up with an idea today =)

Old Post 07-30-02 10:06 #
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Looks really nice :) What level are you assigned to / planning to have your map assigned to? Good luck with the texturing! :)

Old Post 07-30-02 10:37 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esayeek

Jon said:
Looks really nice :) What level are you assigned to / planning to have your map assigned to? Good luck with the texturing! :)

yeah i kind of got banned from here, so i'm already assigned to map31 (under a different name). you can change the assignment, but i would rather go by oblivion on the freedoom credits

Old Post 07-30-02 10:43 #
esayeek

a partly-finished version of my level is now in the levels/oblivion/ the freedoom deutex tree. although since that was uploaded, i've continued to work on it of course :)

Old Post 08-02-02 17:25 #
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

esayeek said:

yeah i kind of got banned from here, so i'm already assigned to map31 (under a different name). you can change the assignment, but i would rather go by oblivion on the freedoom credits

Oh, my reply was written before I saw your post immediately before it. Erm, would you prefer another slot?

Edit: just gave your level a whirl and it looks great :) obviously the things that need to be done, need to be done.. but it looks super ultra mega happy fun promising, and while I'm not sure on it being a map31, it should definitely be an end-map.

Last edited by Jon on 08-02-02 at 23:37

Old Post 08-02-02 23:31 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esayeek

Jon said:

Oh, my reply was written before I saw your post immediately before it. Erm, would you prefer another slot?

Edit: just gave your level a whirl and it looks great :) obviously the things that need to be done, need to be done.. but it looks super ultra mega happy fun promising, and while I'm not sure on it being a map31, it should definitely be an end-map.

i kinda sorta wanted map31, but if your judgement says it would be better elsewhere, whatever works :).

btw did the excessive "SLADWALL" give you any seisures? =D it's almost all gone now tho.

Old Post 08-03-02 00:01 #
mewse
aahahhh

heh, the build editor.. map2wad.. oldsk00l

Old Post 08-03-02 04:24 #
mewse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Epyo
Dude

6000 sidedefs?! 6 hours?!?!

man, i gotta buy deepsea someday...

nice map btw

Old Post 08-03-02 04:43 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esayeek

mewse said:
heh, the build editor.. map2wad.. oldsk00l

you think backwards: the utility included with duke is wad2map. i wrote map2wad a few weeks ago, so while its gh3tt0, its not 0ld5k00l :D

Old Post 08-03-02 11:31 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

map2wad is one awesome program, any updates yet?

Old Post 08-03-02 12:27 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esayeek

mmnpsrsoskl said:
map2wad is one awesome program, any updates yet?

small bugfixes, nothing worth releasing. going to add support to set all sidedef sector refrences of all 2s linedefs in an inner area inside a sector; is very easy to do. then i'll release it.

is there any particular feature you're interested in? tell me ill code it.

Old Post 08-03-02 12:29 #
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Oblivion I emailed you about your level but havent got a reply yet. Have you checked your email recently?...

Old Post 08-03-02 16:26 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esayeek

sorry, no i dont check it extremely often.
/me logs on to juno and downloads the 459 "hot teen bitches" email messages that await him ;)

edit: ahh this is fucking ********** when did you send the message? a few days ago i deleted a bunch of hot teen bitches, i probably deleted your message accidently with them.

Old Post 08-03-02 21:43 #
boris
meow

So you two are exchanging pr0n? :P

Old Post 08-03-02 22:26 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

esayeek said:
sorry, no i dont check it extremely often.
/me logs on to juno and downloads the 459 "hot teen bitches" email messages that await him ;)

edit: ahh this is fucking ********** when did you send the message? a few days ago i deleted a bunch of hot teen bitches, i probably deleted your message accidently with them.

Ok blah, well basically the text file for your wad says:

Authors MAY NOT use this .wad as the base for anything.

Everything in freedoom is supposed to be free; free to distribute without restriction and modify too. The only restriction we're making is that people must include credit to the freedoom project and its contributors if they use freedoom material.

Once you let me know this is OK then I'll drop your level into the build.

Sorry if this is really pedantic :) Chances are nobody will modify your level anyway so it probably doesnt matter.

Old Post 08-04-02 04:55 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esayeek

fraggle said:
Ok blah, well basically the text file for your wad says:

Everything in freedoom is supposed to be free; free to distribute without restriction and modify too. The only restriction we're making is that people must include credit to the freedoom project and its contributors if they use freedoom material.

Once you let me know this is OK then I'll drop your level into the build.

No you're absolutely right. Not sure exactly what i was thinking when i did that. I will upload a revised version with a revised text file in a few minutes.

fraggle said:

Chances are nobody will modify your level anyway

what's the matter, you think i suck at the levelmaking or something? ;) ;)

Old Post 08-04-02 05:03 #
esayeek

there. the map31 i just uploaded is a newer draft btw so make it replace the old one, not just the text file (which now gives the permissions you stated)

Old Post 08-04-02 05:08 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

esayeek said:
is there any particular feature you're interested in? tell me ill code it.

Can you make it so that it set the sidedef textures to something besides to greenie one...or make it so that we can change it with a cfg file or something? If that's possible...thanks.

Old Post 08-04-02 12:50 #
esayeek

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Can you make it so that it set the sidedef textures to something besides to greenie one...or make it so that we can change it with a cfg file or something? If that's possible...thanks.

heh heh heh, the reason i chose SLADWALL in the first place is because it revolts me. So when you touch up the level in doom, you remember to get rid of it all :p. but yeah, i'll add some functionality to change default texture.

Old Post 08-04-02 18:46 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Now, i'll go back on topic...well, it's not, but close enough.

I am going to start fixing up my Map01...I need to texturise it :P

Old Post 08-05-02 13:12 #
esayeek

mmnpsrsoskl said:

feature added. its on the command line, not a config file, but ehh. for the next version i'll put it in a config file. there are also some other changes and bug fixes. get thyself over to the editing forum where i linkaged it.

Old Post 08-05-02 22:33 #