Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > Deathmatch?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Should the Freedoom maps have DM implemented in some way?

Old Post 08-08-02 15:14 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esayeek

iirc jon said that all maps should be playable in coop, sp, and dm.

Old Post 08-08-02 15:35 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

They should certainly have plenty of deathmatch starts even if they arent specifically structured for deathmatch play.

Old Post 08-08-02 17:12 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

What about a little DM-only part of the map, seperated from the rest of it, as is common in many megawads?

Old Post 08-08-02 18:51 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esayeek

is there any inherent design feature of your map that prevents you from making all doors open from both sides and just dropping in a bunch of deathmatch starts and DM only weapons?

Old Post 08-08-02 18:56 #
esayeek is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

some extra maps designed exclusively for deathmatch would be even better. i was reading through the readme and found out that the levels aren't supposed to be super-huge, so maybe simply including the idea of deathmatch in the single player maps like esayeek suggested would work.

Old Post 08-08-02 20:06 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

esayeek said:
is there any inherent design feature of your map that prevents you from making all doors open from both sides and just dropping in a bunch of deathmatch starts and DM only weapons?
Yeah, a lot of the doors are switch-opened. I'm a tag freak.

Old Post 08-08-02 20:25 #
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Archvile64 said:
What about a little DM-only part of the map, seperated from the rest of it, as is common in many megawads?

I'm not especially fond of those deathmatch kindergartens that some authors include in their maps.

Rather make some of the normal maps so they are really good in deathmatch.

Old Post 08-08-02 20:27 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

Little Faith said:

I'm not especially fond of those deathmatch kindergartens that some authors include in their maps.

Rather make some of the normal maps so they are really good in deathmatch.

I'll make a really good deathmatch kindergarten =)

Old Post 08-08-02 20:29 #
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Archvile64 said:
Yeah, a lot of the doors are switch-opened. I'm a tag freak.

Well if you need a switch to open the door, then why not make the reverse-side of the door a normal door trigger, so you could open if it you were in that portion of the map to start with?

Old Post 08-08-02 22:43 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

Hrm, I dunno, I guess I'd just rather have a half-assed little playground for just DM than just randomly thrown in deathmatch starts for a level that would be horrible for DM.

Old Post 08-10-02 00:44 #
boris
meow

Well, you could place the DM starts, so that a player who gets spawned will activate some lines (which can't be reached in single player) which will change the level a bit. Like sealing off parts of the level or something. Look at my Map07 for small example.

Old Post 08-10-02 01:18 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

Tarin said:
Well, you could place the DM starts, so that a player who gets spawned will activate some lines (which can't be reached in single player) which will change the level a bit. Like sealing off parts of the level or something. Look at my Map07 for small example.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Like make him start on a ledge inaccessible to single player or coop players. I might end up doing that.

Old Post 08-10-02 02:14 #