Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > E1M7 Progress

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:10. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Yeah, I uploaded a quick beta of E1M7 since I'm going out of town for a week, the level is completable but is virtually empty except for keys.

Enjoy.

Oh, and for some reason WA wouldn't let me use Doom1.wad as a graphics resource wad, so I had to use the main textures wad instead. Let me know if I have some textures in there that aren't supposed to be in the shareware episode and I'll do something about them.

Old Post 08-17-02 05:15 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Archvile64 said:
Let me know if I have some textures in there that aren't supposed to be in the shareware episode and I'll do something about them.

Considering that Geekmarine's E1M4 uses the crate textures, I really don't think it matters too much if you use non-shareware textures, as long as you don't use lots of them.

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 08-17-02 08:48 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Yeah, I did use a couple of crate textures, but only a few.

Old Post 08-24-02 17:20 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

So the map will just crash a little with shareware texture set. :p

Old Post 08-25-02 22:36 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

Ebola said:
So the map will just crash a little with shareware texture set. :p
No, the extra textures will be added to the shareware WAD.

A little stupid in my opinion, but whatever.

Old Post 08-25-02 22:54 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag

I'd have no problem changing them if someone could just look through and tell me if there are any non-shareware textures besides the crates (which seem like they will be added to the shareware wad).

I'd do it, but I can't get the freaking shareware wad to work as a resource.

Old Post 08-25-02 23:46 #
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Fredrik said:
No, the extra textures will be added to the shareware WAD.

A little stupid in my opinion, but whatever.

Why is it stupid? Whats the problem, apart from making the WAD bigger?

Old Post 08-26-02 16:09 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag

I guess just cause we're trying to stick as close to the original E1 as we can. I don't see anything wrong with a couple extra textures, particularily the crates, but we should probably stay away from Doom 2 textures.

Old Post 08-26-02 16:48 #
spank
I'm afraid of Americans

My idea when I was doing E1 was that I could make whatever I wanted to, since it's a new game; I don't think you should worry with that and don't let the original episode limit your ideas.

Old Post 08-30-02 13:03 #
spank is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

It's not as though having non-E1 textures in episode 1 would break compatability with anything.

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 08-30-02 13:17 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote