Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Freedoom > E1M7 Complete

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I have finished and uploaded E1M7 to Cyb's temporary /freedoom directory.

Copied and pasted from the included .txt file:

This is the first complete version of E1M7. Please give me some feedback! If it meets with your approval, it might be the final version. If you have any gripes, tell me so I can fix whatever the problem might be and upload it again.

There's a decent amount of monsters, but they're all pretty weak as this is still an E1 level. Health and ammo shouldn't be too much of a problem, depending on how you start the level after playing through E1M1-M6. There's a few helpful secrets along the way, and I designed the level so that it's better to use the chainsaw to conserve ammo in a few places.

Skill settings have been implemented. There's also some DM starts and stuff, but it's basically just a lame spinoff of Dwango5 Map18.

Enjoy!

Old Post 09-02-02 05:25 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

I can't seem to access that FTP, unfortunately :)

Would you mind mailing it to nick@frad.org? Thanks ;)

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 09-02-02 10:05 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

I thought it was a tiny bit short of ammo. I ran out a few times during the map...and I died because of it. Maybe one or two more lots of shells? Eh. That or I just suck at playing.

Old Post 09-02-02 13:58 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

NiGHTMARE said:
Would you mind mailing it to nick@frad.org? Thanks ;)
Done.

I thought it was a tiny bit short of ammo. I ran out a few times during the map...and I died because of it. Maybe one or two more lots of shells? Eh. That or I just suck at playing.
Well, keep a few things in mind. First of all, you'd most likely have plenty of ammo coming from previous levels, as there's no way in hell to survive on starting with a pistol with 50 ammo and the shotgun on the floor at the beginning. I'd like to wait until the rest of Freedoom E1 is finished so I can see how it fits in after E1M1-M6.

Also, remember the chainsaw. I intentionally designed a few places where using the chainsaw would be a good idea, like narrow corridors with demons/specters.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, what skill level were you playing?

Old Post 09-02-02 16:26 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

A few comments:

- The secret lowering block with the rocket launcher means you don't need to find the blue key, allowing you to bypass that entire area.

- There doesn't appear to any way to get out of the computer tunnels once the entrance is sealed.

- You could do with using non-90 degree angles a bit more ;)

Above all, good job. I especially like the lowering nukage :)

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 09-02-02 17:29 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

NiGHTMARE said:
A few comments:

- The secret lowering block with the rocket launcher means you don't need to find the blue key, allowing you to bypass that entire area.

Which is why it's such a good secret ^_^

Heh, I might either make the switch harder to find, or put some barrier up preventing you from reaching the other side.

- There doesn't appear to any way to get out of the computer tunnels once the entrance is sealed.
Yeah, looking at it now, I forgot one more tagged line that's supposed to lower a wall that leads back into the big room. I'll add that now.

What about difficulty?

Last edited by Kid Airbag on 09-02-02 at 18:17

Old Post 09-02-02 18:11 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Well I never took that into thinking. D'OH!

I tried it on all difficulties...and it was pretty much the same so yeah. But I did not think about the previous levels thing...so yeah.

Old Post 09-03-02 14:17 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Heh, I'll download here in a little while I suppose.

Old Post 09-04-02 17:33 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Heh, looks like I'm going to have a ton of stuff to add to freedoom when it comes back up. Good stuff AV :)

Old Post 09-04-02 20:02 #
fraggle is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote