Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Doom music remixes in progress

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
solarexistence

A new project in development about remixing most of the music from Doom 1,2 and the TNT expansion, listen and download here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxaYKY0P7e4

Old Post 05-09-12 21:06 #
solarexistence is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cyberreality
Warming Up

well, fresh meat for doom radio :)) thx, let me know when its done!!

Old Post 05-14-12 19:24 #
cyberreality is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Hmm. Sorry, but I don't care for these at all, from the songs you've uploaded so far. The guitar is alright, but there are a lot of generic-sounding sawtooth synths, and many of the other sequenced instruments are very stiff and unconvincing.

Old Post 05-14-12 19:56 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I've been following you for a bit and I await what you have in store.

Old Post 05-15-12 04:10 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Trilinear
I could care a less

WOW. The linked track (The Demon's Dead) seriously blew me away, and I've only ever had a few Doom remixes do that to me.

Love the piano, don't like the synth you chose for 0:11 (like esselfortium, this sounds unconvincing), but the rest is fantastic. Really like how you've combined the guitar and drums together with the high-pitched synth. Gives the track an awesome rocking feel, but at the same time injects an unmistakeable retro game-like flavour.

Old Post 05-15-12 08:20 #
Trilinear is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
solarexistence

@esselfortium Well, How do you want it sound? Give some pointers man. Thank you for your honesty though, some of the sequenced stuff sounds a bit stiff but I'm working on it. Please suggest what you would like to hear?

Old Post 05-15-12 15:49 #
solarexistence is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheUltimateDoomer666

I downloaded the tracks you made so far, and they sound very good. Overall powerful and excellent, I would definitely want to hear more. Perhaps the only main thing that could be improved is the length of the tracks, maybe they could be a little longer with more varying instruments (e.g. the original Sandy's City had harpsichord, then pizzicato, and then marimba)...something like that.

Old Post 05-28-12 13:16 #
TheUltimateDoomer666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Porsche Monty

The Demon's Dead; you made it sound like something I'd play for the scrolling end credits of an 80's horror flick.

All in all, it's a beautiful rendition.

Old Post 05-28-12 13:35 #
Porsche Monty is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gemini09

The Demon's Dead was amazing.

Old Post 05-29-12 11:55 #
gemini09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote