User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > -=-=-=-=-=J.W.T.D.S.R.U.S.H=-=-=-=-=-

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:35.   
KING ELVIS
This post is probably about my frontend

Just want to do some really useless stuff here :)

Old Post 08-10-01 23:10
KING ELVIS is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

C'mon Arioch, do one of your punch phrases :)

Old Post 08-10-01 23:12
Zaldron is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Disorder
Boards of Canada

Or Zaldron, you could remove this thread (not sure if I'm allowed to say that, if not, help...)

Old Post 08-10-01 23:20
Disorder is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KING ELVIS

Hehe - will you do some judge here ?

Old Post 08-10-01 23:23
KING ELVIS is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Peter Heinemann
Marathon Man

Hi King!

That reminds me that I once tried to make your frontend running on the ugly PeCe I bought just for ZDoom (Bla Bla Bla :), but that fuxxxng Windows95 cried continiousely for more and more .dll s.

I will try it again, looks really nice on the screenshots.

:)

Old Post 08-10-01 23:26
Peter Heinemann is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Or Zaldron, you could remove this thread (not sure if I'm allowed to say that, if not, help...)

Disorder
The longest newbie.

Yeah...

He's only a moderator in the D3 forum, you silly goose.

Old Post 08-10-01 23:30
Liam is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KING ELVIS

Hi Peter,

I have provided a DLL&OCK_Pack.zip for that. This contains everything you need. Also a setup.bat is included. Just download-unzip-run :)

Old Post 08-10-01 23:30
Peter Heinemann
Marathon Man

aaaaah!

Old Post 08-10-01 23:45
Peter Heinemann is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KING ELVIS

I got never any complaint :)

Old Post 08-10-01 23:47
læmænt
BAND

Buying a PC just for ZDoom?
But you can install Linux on mac... and ZDoom on linux... so why do you need a new computer?..

Old Post 08-11-01 02:20
læmænt is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

That reminds me that I once tried to make your frontend running on the ugly PeCe I bought just for ZDoom (Bla Bla Bla :), but that fuxxxng Windows95 cried continiousely for more and more .dll s.

You can always go back to your beloved Mac...you know, the one with no software but pretty plastic. WAY TO GO STEVE!!!

Old Post 08-11-01 02:28
Zaldron is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Pretty plastic? My god, i hope you're being ironic.

Old Post 08-11-01 02:57
læmænt is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Did you know that 95% of Mac hardware is just standard IBM compatible hardware? The RAM, HDDs, CD-ROMs/RWs, Network cards, some Graphics Cards, and most other parts excluding the processors and Main boards can be put into a PC and will work absolutely perfectly. I wonder how many people knew that?

Old Post 08-11-01 03:25
AirRaid is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rubilacxe
Doomworld's Wad Ripper

Hi King!

I will try it again, looks really nice on the screenshots.

:)

Hey Pete! Long time no see

Old Post 08-11-01 03:29
Rubilacxe is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Did you know that 95% of Mac hardware is just standard IBM compatible hardware? The RAM, HDDs, CD-ROMs/RWs, Network cards, some Graphics Cards, and most other parts excluding the processors and Main boards can be put into a PC and will work absolutely perfectly.

Does that mean macs are good? Or bad?

Old Post 08-11-01 03:31
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Doesn't matter...SINCE THERE'S NO SOFTWARE TO TEST IT.

Old Post 08-11-01 04:29
ShadyXMR
I'm a Slave 4 U

But you can install Linux on mac... and ZDoom on linux... so why do you need a new computer?..

Hopefully this new machine will be DOOM III compatible, since a notable number of us will have to get a new one just to accomodate for it, myself included.

Old Post 08-11-01 06:30
ShadyXMR is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KING ELVIS

Seems this thread turns into a 'usefull' one. That was NOT my intention :)

Old Post 08-11-01 09:23
Peter Heinemann
Marathon Man

I tried several Linux PPC distributions, but no one worked with ZDoom. ZDoom´s precompiled versions are for intel based machines (i386) and compiling the source by myself did not work since I am a linux newbie and happy with my MacOS (so I do not want to learn linux, what for?)

Plus ZDoom does not work under PC emulations like "Virtual PC".

The PC I bought is a used machine. I got it on ebay very cheap, so I did not spend much thoughts on it.

Old Post 08-11-01 15:41
Peter Heinemann
Marathon Man

You can always go back to your beloved Mac...you know, the one with no software but pretty plastic. WAY TO GO STEVE!!!

Maybe not as much shitty software as the PC user gets (except Internet Explorer, which is horror on the Mac platform). No games for mac? Oh horror, there is no "Bazooka Sue" for Mac, I have to cry :).

Aaehm, (ha :) of course I bought that used pc as a kind of additional comp. I would never dare to do serious work on a PC or spent any thoughts on hopping over to the IBM plattform. So I see the windows PC as a kind of , lets say:

"Playstation"

Old Post 08-11-01 16:01
Peter Heinemann
Marathon Man

Hopefully this new machine will be DOOM III compatible, since a notable number of us will have to get a new one just to accomodate for it, myself included.

No, no, the PC I bought will *definetely* not work for DoomIII, since it is a Pentium1 system :) which works quite ok with ZDoom.

But since Doom III will come out for the Mac and the PC at the same time (maybe earlier for the Mac) ad my new Mac is the fastest machine available from Apple (come on you all - flame that :) and has geoforce... well, depends all on the release date of DoomIII. Hopefully carmack will not slow the release as much as romero did with Daikatana (how many years?)

Old Post 08-11-01 16:10
Disorder
Boards of Canada

Disorder
The longest newbie.

Yeah...

He's only a moderator in the D3 forum, you silly goose.
Actually, I think newbies are the most important persons on this planet. Really *cough*

Old Post 08-11-01 19:41
Disorder is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Peter Heinemann, you strike me as a rather strange person: for all my life I thought MacOS to be THE SINGLE operative system worse than Windows!

Old Post 08-11-01 20:56
KING ELVIS

quote:

|...So I see the windows PC as a kind of , lets say:
"Playstation" |

Here's my suggestion:

Go to the system.ini, open it with notepad, then change the shell entry to this

shell=c:\mydoom\kdfrontend.exe

Hope this is right, I know Win9X only by the name ;-)

Old Post 08-12-01 00:20