User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > WAY offtopic
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:13.   
læmænt
BAND

This has absolutely nothing to do with DooM, but nethertheless... Well, my friend is making a web-based MMRPG, and I'm helping him a bit. The game, right now, is in an early stage of development, but already playable (sure, it's buggy and it lacks features and places to go, but you can create a char, kill monsters, walk around and so on).

If anyone wants to test it - please do so, cause we need people :) Any suggestions, ideas, bug reports are all welcome.

http://anation.cjb.net

Old Post 08-23-01 07:29
læmænt is offline Profile || Click here to Send læmænt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katarhyne
She's a MAN, baby!!

Anyone wanna buy a computer? Check it:

2x1200Mhz AMD Athlons @ 200Mhz Frontside bus
-=mounted to=-
Tyan Thunder K7, S2462 - no-scsi version
-=connected to=-
1 13GB DMA100 HDD and 1 15GB DMA100 HDD
-=sending data to=-
512MB PC2400 (corsair) reg'd ECC DDR SDRAM
-=being read by=-
32MB AGP Geforce 2 GTS (Winfast)
-=shares PCI bus with=-
2 onboard 3Com NICs
-=which download music for=-
Sound Blaster PCI512
-=whose resources normally used by=-
Onboard ATI 8MB Rage128 PCI accelerator
-=about as useless as=-
Seven fan headers
-=also as useless as=-
This much horsepower in a desktop system
-=but it's nifty as=-
all black case with a 460W power supply
-=including black plates for=-
Floppy, 4x CDRW, and 48x CD-ROM.

Anyone interested? $2000 OBO. Highly negotiable.

Old Post 08-23-01 08:12
Katarhyne is offline Profile || Click here to Send Katarhyne a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

Violation of the 3rd Internet Commandment: Thou shalt not suck.

Old Post 08-23-01 08:16
Katgut is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Red_Warrior

*Kicks her computer and demands it tell her why the hell it made everything 'leet speak! Not getting an answer, she aims a rocket into the center, fires, but the damn thing doesn't explode*

Defective piece of.... *growls and stalks off*

Old Post 08-23-01 08:17
Red_Warrior is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katarhyne
She's a MAN, baby!!

Quit using my icon, damnit! I uploaded this thing.

Old Post 08-23-01 08:23
Katarhyne is offline Profile || Click here to Send Katarhyne a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Hmm... It looks like the two Kats have returned. :)

Old Post 08-23-01 08:27
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

So the leetspeak thingie occurs every night, around midnight PST, and only for a short time...

Old Post 08-23-01 08:31
læmænt is offline Profile || Click here to Send læmænt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Old Post 08-23-01 08:32
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Heh. This is gonna be cool!

Old Post 08-23-01 08:32
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Click here to Send Naked Snake a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

So the leetspeak thingie occurs every night, around midnight PST, and only for a short time...

And we all probably know who it is already...

Old Post 08-23-01 08:34
læmænt
BAND

And we all probably know who it is already...

??

Old Post 08-23-01 08:38
Red_Warrior

Katarhyne, back off. This is -my- avatar, I created -and- uploaded the bloody thing when I first came here. I was seeking help with my Chevron patch, but when I lost my HD once to reformatting, -again- 'cause it was defective, then lastly by getting a new computer. My avatar is Red Warrior, aka Akai Yuushi (literal Japanese spelling), the red-orange furred kitsune-neko cross (fox-feline). *Sighs* I knew I should've used PSP's creator data field....

Oh, and as to why I have a new account: after about a year of not being able to use it (due to my frequent loss of bookmarks and everything else on my damned system), I forgot the password. And I thought the old account was dead anyway.

Not bein' hostile towards you, Katarhyne, but Red is my character. I have much proof too, pictures dating back many, many years, from the forms she has evolved. I don't mind you using the icon, but don't go about saying you made or uploaded it.

-Red, who growls and snaps her pointed fangs, "mine!"

Old Post 08-23-01 08:39
Red_Warrior is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

I hereby give Red_Warrior's post just now the "Post of the Week" award.

Old Post 08-23-01 08:43
Linguica is offline Profile || Click here to Send Linguica a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Red_Warrior

Bah, no 'Kat' fights.... want to end this with as little bloodshed as possible. Oh, and this is partially the reason I keep whining about the uploading of avatars.... I made a new one, and intend to use it. Plus the old av' has a little mistake.... I forgot the red slash on her cheeks. Ah well -_-...... beats the time I had the screwy moniter and she turned out way too pale... *sighs and curses her old compy and its various misfortunes*

Old Post 08-23-01 08:45
ShadyXMR
I'm a Slave 4 U

Eeeesh, once you upload an avatar it's public, you should know that. I think three or four other people use my insignia avatar that I uploaded.

Simma children.

Old Post 08-23-01 08:50
ShadyXMR is offline Profile || Click here to Send ShadyXMR a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

My avatar is Red Warrior, aka Akai Yuushi (literal Japanese spelling), the red-orange furred kitsune-neko cross (fox-feline).

So that's what the heck it is.

Old Post 08-23-01 08:50
Katarhyne
She's a MAN, baby!!

...second time I typed this post - first one went bye-bye when IE went "DEATH."

Anyway, I'm not going to argue because, well...after thinking about it for a minute, I haven't got anything to contradict you with. *I* found this icon on a little archive of icons, and I originally had it to use with AIM. I uploaded it here (which doesn't say anything about whether or not it was already here or not), and started using it. So...hmph. Sorry, I guess. Ehe.

Then again, that's not to say I DON'T doubt your story. ^_~

Naw, I'm jus' playing. I don't really care either way, and I'm sure you're for real - I don't wanna fight either - what's the point? I made a new icon, too, and it should be on it's way to Linguica's mailbox already.

I am curious as to when in the world you registered, though. Originally, that is. I mean, you would have to have registered like...when the forum opened, practically. That would make you 01|) 5<|-|001, neh?

[edit]Just to clarify, this archive had icons from about 20 different sites, including, like, all the ones from here, so...it most likely WAS the one you made. Props to yers for that. ^_^[/edit]

Old Post 08-23-01 08:51
Naked Snake

Dude if you guys think its me doing the l33t speak it aint me. I dont know how to hack websites and if I did I would not waste my time putting a l33t speak thing into a forum.

Old Post 08-23-01 08:54
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Click here to Send Naked Snake a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

I dont know who uploaded my jackhead avatar either. It was ICP so I had to use it. Then I decided to join the fish cult.

Old Post 08-23-01 09:03
Red_Warrior

Yes, I do know avatars are public when uploaded, but when you do create it yourself, you're likely to be a bit miffed someone claims they uploaded it...

Glad you understand, Kat! Like I said, I don't mind you using it. So we'll both be getting new icons soon, hopefully (my new one has fangs ^_^ cel-style, and with an 'evil' lion from B&W in the bg). And yeah, it's likely you doubt my story, but Red has existed for many years, but she -has- existed and I can even tell you the origin of her -and- her name if you wanted it so.

Lesse.... *checks in the member files for her old sn* July 24, 2000, redwarrior. The other one there is of no relation to me (dunno how it got there....). *Sighs* then the compy started its long line of evil errs and problems... and I'm glad to be rid of it, thank you much!

-Red Warrior, whose cat is giving her the weirdest look... his name is Schezo, btw

Old Post 08-23-01 09:05
læmænt
BAND

I dont know who uploaded my jackhead avatar either. It was ICP so I had to use it. Then I decided to join the fish cult.

So joining the fish cult is that simple?

Old Post 08-23-01 09:14
Naked Snake

Hell yeah!

Old Post 08-23-01 09:18
DiSTuRBeD

Speaking of avatars, something has been bothering me since i first got to this forum;

What the fuck is lings avatar supposed to look like?

Old Post 08-23-01 09:20
DiSTuRBeD is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katarhyne
She's a MAN, baby!!

However...

I AM STILL SELLING A COMPUTER...

...which was my original reason for posting in this thread.

(see, it's things like this why I never post in these forums. ^_^)

I built this thing out of spare parts laying around in my room, seriously. I haven't the slightest what's on either of these hard drives, so it's potluck.

Old Post 08-23-01 09:20
læmænt
BAND

However this thread is not about selling computers, but about a web-based game, which was my original reason for creating it ;)

Old Post 08-23-01 09:22
Naked Snake

Well I have no need for a computer.

Old Post 08-23-01 09:23
Katarhyne
She's a MAN, baby!!

...I kinda commandeered your thread here, didn't I? Sorry about that. ^_^;;;; Let me start another one.

Old Post 08-23-01 09:27
Red_Warrior

What the fuck is lings avatar supposed to look like?

I think it kinda looks like a face.... two huge eyes and one (speaking in size -strictly-) big mouth. I always thought of it as a weird-looking face, though. Cool idea I think, personally... abstract meat art! If it isn't, I don't know what it is....

Old Post 08-23-01 09:32
læmænt
BAND

just look at it closely
Knowledge of Portuguese helps. :)

Old Post 08-23-01 09:35
Red_Warrior

Unfortunately, I don't know Portugese. But if you look hard, you can see a nose and everything..... so am I seeing things now? Oi o_x....

-Red, who still sees a face there....

Old Post 08-23-01 09:38