User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > This is a blog

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:00.   
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

So I temporarily hated my life today. I was very upset and then I played doom and there were archviles which I thought were sexy for some reason so I start a stupid blog about taking figurative speech literally. To tell the truth the razor underpants I ordered chafe my stuffed poodle which I hurled briskly out the large conveyer machinery.
To use an analogy: Life is like a hunchbacked Hungarian wrestler, locked in an epic struggle of tug of war against his wily opponent, a pair of Siamese twins joined at the armpit. Now, neither contestant is allowed to use any hypnotic death rays, so they must resort to unarmed attacks of sorts. No matter how you boil it, they just end up kicking each other in the balls until one turns purple and Life is declared the ultimate champion for the sixth year in a row.
I'd hate to disagree with this analogy, seeing as it's a very thoughtful one (I believe Nietzsche was the one who came up with it) but unfortunately its logic is lacking in one or two areas.
First off, I have trouble seeing Life as Hungarian. I tried to find Hungaria on the map and had considerable difficulty. I don't think ficticious nationalities represent Life in general very well.
Secondly, I do believe the Siamese twin won last year, so six years in a row is just way off base.

Admittedly, analogies are often just a way of trying to over-simplify complicated stuff, but when some pale overweight man with a switchblade and a backwards cap yanks you aside in a subway and says the words "Cut you like soft cheese" you become disinclined.
No, I haven't been smoking anything, or snorting anything, or any other stupid cliche assholes come up with when someone's incoherent. The fact is this:

"washing comb"

If that doesn't say it all, I'm afraid of the consequences. Don't make me angry. I can and will track you down. And soon I will know kung fu.

Old Post 02-16-04 05:54
Hyena is offline Profile || Click here to Send Hyena a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Planky

Heh, that seems very online generatorish

Old Post 02-16-04 20:35
Planky is offline Profile || Click here to Send Planky a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

No, Hyena is perfectly capable of producing something like that.

Old Post 02-17-04 04:58
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Click here to Send Bloodshedder a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hyena

Heh. I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult but I'll take it as a compliment.

Old Post 02-17-04 21:59
Hyena is offline Profile || Click here to Send Hyena a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

It was a compliment.

Old Post 02-17-04 22:53
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Click here to Send Bloodshedder a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hyena

WHAAHAHAHAHA! POINTLESS THREAD REVIVAL!

(you can get away with being an ass so much more easily in the blogs forum)

Old Post 02-20-04 19:23
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

SURPRISE!

Old Post 02-22-04 02:42
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Click here to Send Ultraviolet a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

SURPRISE AGAIN!

Old Post 09-15-04 05:12
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Click here to Send Ultraviolet a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Hyena said:
This is a blog

No it isn't.

Old Post 09-15-04 05:55
Captain Red is offline Profile || Click here to Send Captain Red a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

I was wondering what the meaning of life was... now I know better(than to ask you freaks).

Old Post 09-15-04 06:59
Bucket is offline Profile || Click here to Send Bucket a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

Ultraviolet said:
SURPRISE AGAIN!
Happy Birthday!

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 09-15-04 06:59
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Click here to Send DOOM Anomaly a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Spoon.

Old Post 09-15-04 14:07
Jayextee is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jayextee a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

Chicken And Mushroom Pie

Makes/Serves: Serves 4-6

Ingredients

8 oz (225 g) flaky pastry or frozen puff pastry
1 boiling fowl, boiled, steamed or pressure cooked
4 oz (110 g) streaky bacon
1 1/3 cup (100 g) mushrooms, quartered
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
chicken stock beaten egg, to glaze

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 450F (230C) Gas Mk 8.

2. Make the pastry in the usual way, wrap in clingfilm and keep in the refrigerator until needed. Thaw if using frozen pastry.

3. Remove the skin from the chicken, then pick off all the meat and cut it into bite-sized pieces.

4. Roll up the bacon rashers.

5. Mix the chicken, bacon and mushrooms, season and then add the chopped fresh parsley.

6. Pack the meat mixture into a pie dish and half fill with chicken stock.

7. Roll out the pastry to cover the top of the pie dish and brush the top with a little egg.

8. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and risen.

Old Post 09-15-04 15:15
pritch is offline Profile || Click here to Send pritch a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

omg pie.

Old Post 09-15-04 17:35
AirRaid is offline Profile || Click here to Send AirRaid a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

omg boobs

Old Post 09-15-04 19:43
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

heh

Old Post 09-15-04 22:07
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Click here to Send The Ultimate DooMer a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

you die now

Old Post 09-15-04 23:51