User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > I am such a stupid french guy.
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27.   
læmænt
BAND

YOU ALL BETTER PH33R MY RUSSIAN!!!!!11111

Old Post 09-02-01 21:43
læmænt is offline Profile || Click here to Send læmænt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

troll you are and troll you forever shall be. enough said

See - that's the kind of stupid insipid responses I laugh at. WOW. Was that supposed to offend me?

Ladies and gentleman that is a debate! Look he showed how wrong I am.

Clearly you are the "troll". Trolling comes, from like you know, the "fishing" thing. And you are fishing aren't my little hidden troller.

Old Post 09-02-01 21:45
deep is offline Profile || Click here to Send deep a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Assumptions form the basis of an argument. The assumption of WHY I wrote is critical. One can't just assume anything and think it doesn't matter.
The first thing I said: I assumed you wanted a response. You agreed to this. That was all I tried to get right before you went into the whole "what I was thinking at the time I posted in the comment thread" thing.

My initial "assumption" was that you wanted a response from Julian on the comments you made, and indeed that was the truth.
PRIVATELY - I expected an opportunity to try to explain some more. I would have realized I misstated and would have apologized for my poor phrasing.
Of course privately. I assumed (ha) you could understand that. I'll spell it out more clearly next time.

SHIT. If somebody GIVES an interpretion up front that is obviously tainted, guess what follows.
You've failed to expose the taint.

Your email address is in your profile.

Are ducks and fowl the same thing? Are horses and cows? How about chickens and eggs? Randomly looking for excuses doesn't change my assertion.
It's not a random excuse: you're the one pulling at random excuses to back up your complaint about him posting your email. Like you said, he (apparently) crossed the legal border, so why gripe about your email address being shown? It was your complaint, not mine. I just answered it.

You wrote a rather insulting first paragraph, which after reading,
Only if you read it with bad intent - Julian clearly tainted the whole thing. Tainted posts are always followed by similar posts. If I wanted to flame him - which is what you imply - why did I bother sending a "body" that is trying to explain? You guys really get me by ignoring that part of the post.
Pfffffffft. Read this with good intent then: BULLSHIT.

and there aren't really any laws preventing it
Ignorance is no excuse. Yes there are. You cannot post EMAILS PERIOD. It's called a privacy issue.
Alright, I have never heard of these laws and most people say they don't exist, but I don't know for sure. So take it up with Julian then.

Old Post 09-02-01 21:47
Lüt is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lüt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Trolling comes, from like you know, the "fishing" thing. And you are fishing aren't my little hidden troller.

And that's English?

Old Post 09-02-01 21:47
læmænt is offline Profile || Click here to Send læmænt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

he didn't do any tainting.

I forgot to list the obvious"

Thread: I am such a stupid french guy

What's that? A nice introducton? Yeah, right. It's so nice and non-inflammatory. If this was ANYBODY elses this thread would be in POST HELL.

You know it, I know it.

Heck, that's how I noticed this thread in the first place.

I just noticed you other post

You've failed to expose the taint.

Because it is right in front of our eyes

OTOH lut you are in the hen house and I doubt very much you'd agree that a thread starting like that gives the wrong impression right up front. Then I showed that Julian admitted his intentions were less than honorable. It's pretty damn clear to me.

Btw. I emailed the "informer" - can't trust anyone these days. Talk about good luck getting that post here

Old Post 09-02-01 21:56
deep is offline Profile || Click here to Send deep a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
tom
Green Marine

mong .. my post was not for your eyes but for the benifit of others

Old Post 09-02-01 21:59
tom is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

And that's English?

It's FRENCH. (I know it's a risky joke, but what the hell). Julian will ALWAYS misinterpret, so no loss there.

Old Post 09-02-01 21:59
Lüt
Administrator

Thread: I am such a stupid french guy
What's that? A nice introducton? Yeah, right. It's so nice and non-inflammatory.
No, it's exactly what you implied towards him.

If this was ANYBODY elses this thread would be in POST HELL.

You know it, I know it.
There you go with those futile assumptions again. It's been edging on lock/delete but has remained so civilized even I'm impressed. When it's over it'll probably go bye-bye.

Old Post 09-02-01 22:00
Lüt is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lüt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

No, it's exactly what you implied towards him.

More bs. It's what he INTERPRETED. I clearly explained that was not my intention and yet you state it as a "fact".

But I edited my prior post before I read this one. I had no delusions about you agreeing with me. You are in the same boat after all. Protecting one's rear and all that. YOu have a job here I take it? Paying money?

Very predictable. Even the most obvious points you glance over.

The most relevant post is the one where Julian himself confessed his intentions were NOT honorable.

I hardly ever resort to F$K and SH$T, but I do sometimes for a little emphasis. That's what controls the tone of a thread.

Interestingly, somebody is avoiding a direct discussion with me. Guess he feels justified. Well see about that.

Old Post 09-02-01 22:18
tom
Green Marine

more mongoloid nonesense

Old Post 09-02-01 22:22
tom is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

Hi! Great weather! I took the kids to the beach today. We collected sand dollars and starfish. Gonna have a BBQ later tonight.

Laterz :)

Old Post 09-02-01 22:24
stphrz is offline Profile || Click here to Send stphrz a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

Hi! Great weather! I took the kids to the beach today. We collected sand dollars and starfish. Gonna have a BBQ later tonight.

It's nice out here too (Seattle) for a change. Going to work on the boat for the last trip of the season this week. Nothing like the salt air to make all this stuff disappear.

Old Post 09-02-01 22:33
tom
Green Marine

meanwhile jv has nothing better to do than sit here and troll 24/7
nice life mang

Old Post 09-02-01 22:33
aurikan
no buts, meow

>First off, I love how you ignore the fact that posting >what he did is UNETHICAL and ILLEGAL.

I am not commenting, nor have I ever commented on Julian's actions. I refuse to comment on Julian's actions. This should not be interpreted as a comment on Julian's actions.

>Secondly: YOUR interpretation tries to avoid my >explanation. Now who knows better than what I meant? >Mindreaders are we?
>Thirdly: my explanation is very clear that I meant >no "racist" thing at all.

You are not the final authority on what people read into your statements. Everyone has their own opinion (or has no opinion) on what your intentions were, and just because you SAY that you meant something in a certain way does not guarantee that you did mean it in that way. Indeed, I think it very likely that you are lying if you contend that you did not use the term "FRENCH" as an epithet.

My opinion, which I have voiced here along with supporting arguments, is that you are racist. I also opine you should stop sending hateful mail and making hateful posts.

>Fourthly: Cobbling together dictionary entries to try to >make pretend meanings out of a sentence is illogical. You >can take the various meanings of words, rearrange them and >get just about any interpretation one wants.

You questioned my conclusion of the "FRENCH" as a race, thus I showed why my reasoning could be considered valid. Whether you think using dictionary entries to analyze the meaning of a term ("racist") is illogical or not is up to you.

>So you think JULIANs actions were ethical? You avoided >that part of the post.

See above.

Old Post 09-02-01 22:34
aurikan is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

meanwhile jv has nothing better to do than sit here and troll 24/7
nice life mang

LOL - what exactly are you doing bud?

That's the problem with you flamers, you say such stupid stuff - and I do enjoy "toying" with those.

I just run this in the BG, between some other stuff I had to take care of. I've run through all the things I've wanted to say. Took too much time really.

In summary, the ethics of several people here are questionable (agreed to by several). Been debating about posting the reply on my webpage about the guy that thought he'd get an ego post by posting my email to you and everyone else. I'll post my email and then his reply justifying his actions.

Like I said, I KNEW who told you.

Later, I've got things to do.

Old Post 09-02-01 22:42
tom
Green Marine

thats always a good way to get rid of trolls, point out the amount of time they spend trolling and accuse them of having no life. :)

Old Post 09-02-01 22:45
kristus
Megablast!

Uhmm. Is it anyone that remember how this started anyway? (Besides me)

Old Post 09-02-01 22:56
kristus is offline Profile || Click here to Send kristus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

I am not commenting, nor have I ever commented on Julian's actions.

But you feel justified in commenting on mine? Go take a hike. His ethical problems are way more important than how your want to take a dictionary and "race" it.

I know what I meant - I explained it. Accuse all you want, it's not true. Did Julian explain? Oh yeah he did. What an arrogant person.

You are not the final authority on what people read into your statements.

More trivial statements. Did you know water is wet? Yup it is. Similarly "opinions", (that's such a convenient copout) will never replace what a person states his intentions were. You'd make one hell of a judge, just make up your "opinion" and ignore the facts. That's all one ever needs to conclude something. Yup - opinion.

Nothing is guaranteed right? OK, so then what YOU say is not guaranteed, nor what Julian says, nor what lut says. God what a stupid way to argue. Take 1 slim possible out and that supposedly back up your whole argument. Ridiculous.

Now you know why people get upset with me. Can't stand stupid arguments.

I did NOT use FRENCH as an epithet. I did use it as a joke to lut. Too bad. You can be as politically correct as you want to be, doesn't make you "right".

Geez, if everyone here had to go by your "rules" then everyone here is a "racist" of one kind or another. Maybe I should actually troll the threads and dig them all up -- naw another time maybe.

So it's ok for you to make hateful posts? You guys really get me. I'm black you know.

You questioned my conclusion of the "FRENCH" as a race

NO, I questioned your use of the word as an epiteth. You just stated it explicitly above. Nationalities are generally not considered a race. Ever hear of the French race? The Dutch race. The English race? Swedes? and so on. OTOH you do hear the term CULTURES used a lot. And by golly, I think I used that term somewhere.

So using the dictionary to pick out "something" "anything" that would restore your pride was a joke. NOBODY in the US talks about nationalities in terms of "race". (In some parts of the world with huge prejudices there is - plus that bad-ass in WWII).

In the official US census listing of "races" do they list them by FRENCH, DUTCH, GERMAN? Mmm, could it be your twisting is not correct?

A simple rule for dictionary "provers" is to remember that common usage is the first rule of thumb. Not some intellectual all encompassing definition. So technically you are right and in practice you are wrong.

So I just showed how your reasoning is invalid. A dictionary is a simple game played all the time. I'm very used to this tact.

Oh, since opinions seem to form some sort of logical base for you, then of course IMO (therefore QED) Julians actions are quite unethical - regardless of how you avoided the whole issue - that is the REAL isue. Not some stupid dictionary game.

Old Post 09-02-01 23:10
tom
Green Marine

damnit he's back. looks like we celebrated too early guys :(

Old Post 09-02-01 23:17
læmænt
BAND

Nationalities are generally not considered a race. Ever hear of the French race? The Dutch race. The English race? Swedes? and so on.

Yes, and judging people by their nationality is called "racist nationalism". Check the dictionary.

Old Post 09-02-01 23:24
fodders
OWNS YOU

Uhmm. Is it anyone that remember how this started anyway? (Besides me)

YES someone said Deep wasn't fit to live with pigs, but everyone here has jumped to his defence and agree that he is

Old Post 09-02-01 23:27
fodders is offline Profile || Click here to Send fodders a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
captmellow

Tom! Drawn out, as if by a poultice. How's your perl wad thing coming along?

Old Post 09-02-01 23:27
captmellow is offline Profile || Click here to Send captmellow a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
tom
Green Marine

rofl! out of da woodwork yet again i return ...

yeah i sort of started learning python now so i was thinking of writing a doom lib for that, but i still plan on either doing a perl one or backporting it or something like that ... its only a matter of time :)

Old Post 09-02-01 23:38
captmellow

rofl! out of da woodwork yet again i return ...

yeah i sort of started learning python now so i was thinking of writing a doom lib for that, but i still plan on either doing a perl one or backporting it or something like that ... its only a matter of time :)
Hmmm.. does that mean you are also doing stuff w/ zope?

Also, did you read of the idea I mentioned in the original freedoom forum re: a "roll your own iwad" idea, where you could select your iwad stuff via form, then have it compile & download the custom wad? This would definitely be better done client-side though.

Old Post 09-02-01 23:44
captmellow is offline Profile || Click here to Send captmellow a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
tom
Green Marine

Hmmm.. does that mean you are also doing stuff w/ zope?

zope is quite cool, but i havent really messed with it. ive used some of the code from it, i needed a library to generate tar files and python has nothing like perls Application::Tar so i wrote libtar.py from the zope tar.py

Also, did you read of the idea I mentioned in the original freedoom forum re: a "roll your own iwad" idea, where you could select your iwad stuff via form, then have it compile & download the custom wad? This would definitely be better done client-side though.

yeah i did .. the way freedoom is going it could (already is to some extent) end up with lots of duplication, which isnt necessarily a bad thing - one of the ideas is to be a pool for other people to base work on, not just to create an iwad replacement, so if the duplication could be adequately modularised then something like that could be done, pick a "recipe" with what sets of levels and textures and music etc you want to have. it could be compiled server side, i wrote something in perl where a bunch of mp3 files were stored on a server and when you went to download them all together it read them all into memory and spat them out to download as one .tar file

but this is probably a discussion for the freedoom forum heh

Old Post 09-02-01 23:52
Linguica

...and so the saga is ended.

Old Post 09-02-01 23:55
Linguica is offline Profile || Click here to Send Linguica a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote