User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Cacodorkman
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46.   
Executor666
GOATSE LINKS ARE GREAT!

/me mails Liam a book titled "Decency for Dummies".

Old Post 09-09-01 20:49
Executor666 is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

that was just so *sniff* beautiful...Liam, you should get a Pulitzer or something...

Geez, I hope that wasn't sarcasm. After Dashiva got me on AIM just to tell me how open-minded and genius my arguments and rants were it'd be a nice big ego boost to have another fan :)

Old Post 09-09-01 20:50
Liam is offline Profile || Click here to Send Liam a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

Stop flaming to each other, alright?

Who's flaming?

Old Post 09-09-01 20:51
Liam is offline Profile || Click here to Send Liam a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

/me mails Liam a book titled "Decency for Dummies".

Oh, OK Miss Manners, I'll take that book gratefully and learn how to become one of those jackasses that covers his mouth when he hears a curse word. What a wank you are.

Old Post 09-09-01 20:52
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

YOU'VE BETTER KNOWN WHOEVER...

Old Post 09-09-01 20:54
999cop is offline Profile || Click here to Send 999cop a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

GRAMMAR POLICE? Refrain that, cop.

Old Post 09-09-01 20:55
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

Geez, I hope that wasn't sarcasm. After Dashiva got me on AIM just to tell me how open-minded and genius my arguments and rants were it'd be a nice big ego boost to have another fan :)

nope, on a rare occasion I can be serious...I was there

this could go on all day...if the mods/admins allow it

Old Post 09-09-01 20:57
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoOmEr4LiFe a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Executor666
GOATSE LINKS ARE GREAT!

Cuss words are used by people who lack the intellect to come up with something better to say.

Old Post 09-09-01 20:58
Executor666 is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

I can't believe how low your iq is if you cant even figure it out on your own. You know what exactly i'm talking about. So i don't have to say the names and you know exactly who's flaming to who

[edit]/me spanks cacodorkman

Old Post 09-09-01 21:01
999cop is offline Profile || Click here to Send 999cop a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

I could run downtown right now, stand in the middle of a busy street with a megaphone and yell every slur and curse imaginable, and most people would probably turn their heads in shock at my "immorality".

I would just be shouting words, why should everyone be so disgusted? People make simple words and ideas more valuable in their heart then they need be.
You ought to also apply that concept to your view on people in general: let's say one concoction of cells rearranges another concoction of cells with a small conglomeration of molecules, like a "bullet". AND ALL THESE PEOPLE GET PISSED! I mean, WTF is with that??? It's just a rearrangement of an object's structure, same as if you cracked a rock with a sledgehammer.

But I don't see you going off on people when they might get sad that another person died, or angry if somebody broke something special of theirs. In fact, I've seen you get upset numerous times, so hey, why bother making anything special to you in the first place? It'll save you a lot of stress you know.

Seriously; of course words mean things to people, the point of "extreme" words is to express extreme feelings. It's that simple; just a word. ANYBODY can grasp it. You think it should be more complicated to offend people? I don't, I like it simple. That's why words are so good, they're effective on just about everybody. Why are you quoting dictionary.com entries to people if you think words shouldn't be effective? Yeah it's just a word, and the whole world is just one giant biology party; a shitload of cells and molecules floating aimlessly around, electronic impulses operating groups at a time. But it's how it all comes together, just like Doom is a bunch of dots in the same way that a television show or Diablo 2 is a bunch of dots, some of these dot arrangements are more enjoyable than others.

EVERYTHING can be broken down like this - if you're gonna think like that, at least keep it consistent. Don't only pick on single things like "words" or "pixels" or "cells" or whatever else you can pick at. All or nothing.

Just my opinion of course, but you look rather hypocritical displaying those types of double standards concerning how people function.

Old Post 09-09-01 21:12
Lüt is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lüt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

GRAMMAR POLICE: "Rephrase that" ;)

Old Post 09-09-01 21:14
Lüt is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lüt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Heh. I heard from a little birdie that Cacodorkman has been banned.... :)

Old Post 09-09-01 21:17
AirRaid is offline Profile || Click here to Send AirRaid a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Executor666
GOATSE LINKS ARE GREAT!

Finally. Now we won't have to have our browsers crash anymore when we look at a post. Hope he didn't manage to do something horrible as a parting gesture...

Old Post 09-09-01 21:22
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

like send you a virus...

Old Post 09-09-01 21:27
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoOmEr4LiFe a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

GRAMMAR POLICE: "Rephrase that" ;)

Shit, I feel like a real moron now :)

Oh well, I'm not going to be one of the guys who edits his post to try to cover his tracks when someone has your screwup in hard, cold, quote :P

I fucked up, I admit it :)

Old Post 09-09-01 21:41
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

How about this: we ban both of you.

after that last post...I not only second that, I'm encouraging it

Old Post 09-09-01 21:48
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

"YA HE made my browser crash to" x 1926

rofl

Old Post 09-09-01 21:50
fraggle is offline Profile || Click here to Send fraggle a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

I could run downtown right now, stand in the middle of a busy street with a megaphone and yell every slur and curse imaginable, and most people would probably turn their heads in shock at my "immorality".

I would just be shouting words, why should everyone be so disgusted? People make simple words and ideas more valuable in their heart then they need be.

Seriously; of course words mean things to people, the point of "extreme" words is to express extreme feelings. It's that simple; just a word. ANYBODY can grasp it. You think it should be more complicated to offend people? I don't, I like it simple. That's why words are so good, they're effective on just about everybody. Why are you quoting dictionary.com entries to people if you think words shouldn't be effective?

I'm sorry, I phrased my post a bit shakily, I was kinda paying attention to a movie behind me as I posted. Anyway, you misunderstood me, and I can see why, I put too much emphasis in the wrong place...

I was trying to poke fun at the people who get offended because somebody called 'em a fucking shithead or something. I do think words are effective, and I love them for that, being a writer and all. What I was trying to make an argument against was the people who refuse to make use of the power of "extreme words" becuase of "strong moral implications" against them.

For future reference, ignore most of the post except for...

Without morality, there would be no immorality. I do my best to stay neutral; to seperate myself at all costs from these strange ideas of what is good or evil. I do not care about being "socially acceptable" or "politically correct". I do simply what I think is best for me, my community, and the human race, and I condone anything that would hinder our development or endanger our lives.

There, good to have cleared that up.

Old Post 09-09-01 21:50
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

This looks more like f*ckmordeth's doing than pizzaboi.

Old Post 09-09-01 21:53
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Executor666
GOATSE LINKS ARE GREAT!

Just ban Cacodorkman.

Old Post 09-09-01 22:19
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Wait til Ling comes.

Old Post 09-09-01 22:22
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Someone who tries to force their morals on other people shows a lack of faith in their own sense of morality.

Old Post 09-09-01 22:23
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Click here to Send NiGHTMARE a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Just ban Cacodorkman.
Done.

Old Post 09-09-01 22:26
Xenoman

Just ban Cacodorkman.

Done.

Good.

Old Post 09-09-01 22:28
Xenoman is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Someone who tries to force their morals on other people shows a lack of faith in their own sense of morality.
Whatever makes you think that?

Old Post 09-09-01 22:33
Executor666
GOATSE LINKS ARE GREAT!

He just wants to defend his immorality.

Old Post 09-09-01 22:34
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

1) Many people would consider being called "immoral" an insult.

2) Insulting people is bad manners.

3) According to both the bible and the dictionary, one of the many aspects of morality is "good conduct".

4) Bad manners is bad conduct.

Hence you are immoral.

Old Post 09-09-01 22:39
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Click here to Send NiGHTMARE a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Because usually people who are secure in their beliefs do not see the need to preach to others.

Old Post 09-09-01 22:40
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

This looks more like f*ckmordeth's doing than pizzaboi.

pizzaboi = chewy

Old Post 09-09-01 22:48
Liam

He just wants to defend his immorality.

YOU SIR, ARE A WANK.

Old Post 09-09-01 23:35