User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Disposing of WAREZ-users on these forums

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12.   
Executor666
GOATSE LINKS ARE GREAT!

What should we do to people who ask for WAREZ?

Old Post 10-02-01 22:02
Executor666 is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Astewart41
Loser

All of the above.

Only if it's an annoying NEWBIE.

I, believe it or not, am not a newbie, I've actually been coming here since '99, so PLEASE stop thinking I am one. Yeah... Blahghhghgh... (Don't mind me, a little odd today)

Old Post 10-02-01 22:29
Astewart41 is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EllipsusD

How about we delete the request and let them know that they can't ask for it here. If they persist, then ban them. You don't have to be so vile about it, ignorance is only a crime if you refuse to learn any better.

Only that note, when are you going to learn?

Old Post 10-02-01 23:36
EllipsusD is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

How about we delete the request and let them know that they can't ask for it here. If they persist, then ban them. You don't have to be so vile about it, ignorance is only a crime if you refuse to learn any better.

But Warez is illegal, and people should know that. That's like saying if you murder someone you shouldn't incarcerate them until they do it again? I say let Mordeth deal with them however he wants.

Old Post 10-03-01 00:22
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

I say we users concern ourselves with other matters and let the administrators concern themselves with idiot users, newbie or not.

Old Post 10-03-01 00:38
Naked Snake is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EllipsusD

But Warez is illegal, and people should know that. That's like saying if you murder someone you shouldn't incarcerate them until they do it again? I say let Mordeth deal with them however he wants.

It's illegal, but it doesn't make someone a bad person. Some communities accept that kind of stuff. Ours doesn't. There are only a handfull of ways to find out. As much as I hate warez I'm consider how hard it is for a person to otherwise obtain an item. It's still wrong but desperation is much more forgivable in my book than blatant disregard for the law. And it can't really be compared to murder, either.

But I agree, this is up to Mordeth and the other admins.

Old Post 10-03-01 01:50
EllipsusD is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Crendowing
I've lost my unbanned status....I couldn't be happier :P

I only chose ban them because it would be the simplest and most logical thing to do.

Yet I agree with most of you; it should be up to the admnin.

Old Post 10-03-01 02:36
Crendowing is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Since you posted a link to some stupid goatse.cx place, you should have all the following done to you.

Fool.

Old Post 10-03-01 02:56
DooMBoy is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Give them a goatse link
After what happened to you, that's probably not the best option to pick.

Old Post 10-03-01 02:59
Lüt is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RusseII
Banned

hahaha
well, he could use http://buttse.cx instead instead.

Old Post 10-03-01 22:24
RusseII is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xenoman

Lüt, you know what to do with this guy's reply? ;)
I think you've changed every single reply he has made already. Kinda mean, don't you think? Heh.

Old Post 10-04-01 06:06
Xenoman is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Hmm...how do we dipose of lamers? First, we flame them to hell and back. Then, we destroy their spirit. Then, they leave. Please leave you lame punk. Nobody likes you executor.

Old Post 10-04-01 11:44
Naked Snake is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Lüt, you know what to do with this guy's reply? ;)
Heh, I'm not an admin. I can only mod the general forum.

Old Post 10-04-01 12:00
Lüt is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xenoman

Didn't someone type that if you were a mod in the general forum, you would mod for all other forums, don't know why though...

Old Post 10-04-01 17:57
Xenoman is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xenoman

Didn't someone type that if you were a mod in the general forum, you would mod for all other forums, don't know why though...

Old Post 10-04-01 17:59
Lüt
Administrator

Didn't someone type that if you were a mod in the general forum, you would mod for all other forums
Well, to a certain extent. An FID=1 (the first forum number, in this case General) moderator has universal Move Thread privileges; any other moderator can't move threads from even their own forum. In this case, it means I can move any threads to Post Hell and back again. Moving threads isn't exactly moderating, although with the Post Hell setup, it can be seen like that. I can understand how the Move Thread option would be universal, a mod would probably need privileges to move it from the forum they moderate as well as to any other forum on the board. I can't close/open threads or delete threads from other forums though (which are the other two options next to Move Thread).

Old Post 10-04-01 18:53
Xenoman

Btw, isn't Ex banned?

Old Post 10-07-01 13:49
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

Executor666
GOATSE LINKS ARE GREAT!

What should we do to people who ask for WAREZ?

Give them a goatse link

YOU NASTY GROSS BASTARD, DAMN YOU! SAVE IT FOR YOURSELF

Old Post 10-07-01 20:18
999cop is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

Don't feed them to Mordeth, feed them to the goatse man! The horror!

Old Post 10-10-01 19:34
Submerge is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xenoman

The goatse man is dead, for the 51th time?..

Old Post 10-10-01 19:44
Submerge
Dumboy traded my soul for pogs

The goatse man is dead, for the 51th time?..

Come on, I'm sure he's alive as a zombie somewhere......

200th post! yay.

Old Post 10-11-01 12:29
Submerge is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xenoman

Who cares about that freak anyway?

Old Post 10-12-01 07:09