User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Kilopost!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:21.   
læmænt
BAND

Post 1024 (a.k.a. 10000000000), woohoo!
Of course, since the posts are being counted from 1 and not 0, only the 1025th post is the actual "new millennium"; but 1024 is sure a nice round number =)

Old Post 10-18-01 04:41
læmænt is offline Profile || Click here to Send læmænt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deadnail
i define my reality through misery

Of course, since the posts are being counted from 1 and not 0, only the 1025th post is the actual "new millennium"; but 1024 is sure a nice round number =)
That megabites my ass.

Old Post 10-18-01 04:50
deadnail is offline Profile || Click here to Send deadnail a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

1024 is about as round as... as... as a sawblade.

Old Post 10-18-01 07:34
Katgut is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DiSTuRBeD

1024, 128, 256, 512, 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2048, 4096... all nice round numbers. 10? pfft :)

Old Post 10-18-01 12:22
DiSTuRBeD is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Oh God, flashbacks from Assembly Language class...

Geez, I've been paying five grand for a midday nap in that course. I came here to learn how to program computers, not to hear your boring ass drone on about "computers throughout the ages." AAAUUUGH!!!

And the worst part is, after nobody paid attention to all that tripe, it made up half of the first exam. Go figure, ne?

Old Post 10-18-01 19:01
IMJack is offline Profile || Click here to Send IMJack a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Yeah, but you have to know assembly to understand the computers better and, therefore, to be able to program better.

Also, associating powers of two with just assembly is weird in itself.

Old Post 10-19-01 01:07
læmænt is offline Profile || Click here to Send læmænt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

Also, associating powers of two with just assembly is weird in itself.

Yeah, well the other half of that exam was all powers of two and powers of eight. That class warps the mind, man.

For those who have the fortune not to be CS majors, Assembly is literally one step up the ladder from zeroes and ones. Every main command in Assembly can be translated directly to just about 32 bits of data. And they expect us to memorize those conversions. *shudder*

Old Post 10-19-01 01:32
IMJack is offline Profile || Click here to Send IMJack a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

But I LIKE binary.
It's a very simple, yet very complex at the same time.....
but it does get ridiculously long sometimes...........

Old Post 10-19-01 14:40
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Click here to Send LorD BaZTArD a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Assembler's pretty much junk now. Most companies just use it to accelerate simple algorythms. The whole idea of actually building an ENTIRE modern program in Assembler is as easy as building a board that performs the same function.

Old Post 10-19-01 17:53
Zaldron is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Assembler's pretty much junk now. Most companies just use it to accelerate simple algorythms. The whole idea of actually building an ENTIRE modern program in Assembler is as easy as building a board that performs the same function.

heh

Old Post 10-19-01 18:23
fraggle is offline Profile || Click here to Send fraggle a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

heh
FYAD, sir. FYAD.

Old Post 10-19-01 18:49
Lüt is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lüt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

heh

Old Post 10-19-01 20:30
IMJack
Web Radio Geek

heh

Hah! Remember to register it, the asylum they stuck the coder in ain't cheap, ya know. Writing an OS in assembly... *shudders, goes into epileptic shock*

Old Post 10-20-01 01:10
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

I never said it was impossible, afterall those arcade machines are also OSes that load certain ROMS :P

If there's a group of freaks out there, fine, this is the Internet, everything already exists. I still think it's a goddamn waste of time, but hey, each to his own.

Old Post 10-20-01 02:15
Zaldron is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

If there's a group of freaks out there, fine, this is the Internet, everything already exists. I still think it's a goddamn waste of time, but hey, each to his own.
It is a goddamn waste of time, but it's also very fun (Not that I do assembly programming, I'm not that good; but I know it's fun). And what's wrong with it being a waste of time? :)

Old Post 10-20-01 03:04
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

You can always turn your hobby in something useful.

Old Post 10-20-01 03:15
læmænt
BAND

You can always turn your hobby in something useful.

Isn't your hobby the 3D art stuff?

Old Post 10-20-01 03:21
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

All the models and scenery I make without names like "TEST.MAX" are used for something. Ranging from never released game projects to pencil&paper RPG campaigns...

Old Post 10-20-01 03:30
læmænt
BAND

Ranging from never released game projects to pencil&paper RPG campaigns...
Gee, that's useful.

In fact, judging stuff by 'usefulness' is always stupid. Everything is useless. Living is useless. But it's fun :)

Old Post 10-20-01 04:52
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Living is useless. But it's fun :)

Then it's not useless. It provides entertainment.

Old Post 10-20-01 11:28