User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > AEP CAN SUCK MY COCK
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56.   
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

WELL, FUCK. THEN JUST CHOOSE LINEAR DOWNSAMPLING AND APPLY SOME GAUSSIAN BLUR UNTIL YOU'RE ORGASMICALLY SATISFIED WITH THE PIC.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:13
Zaldron is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deadnail
i define my reality through misery

What do you want me to say? I hardly play UDooM and I have no magic potion to fix your problems.
Well I assume you have the ability to display websites, right? Well, tell me how my new page looks you goatfucker.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:14
deadnail is offline Profile || Click here to Send deadnail a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

APPLY SOME GAUSSIAN BLUR
BUT I DON'T WANT IT BLURRED, THE DOWNSIZING ITSELF BLURS IT TOO MUCH! I WANT IT *SHARP*!!!

Old Post 10-28-01 17:14
Lüt is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lüt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

THAT'S WHY I SAID "LINEAR".

Oh and deadnail, the site looks cool. Glad to see you've already ported the new scheme to f2s. Oh, and I want that cat.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:16
Zaldron is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

THAT'S WHY I SAID "LINEAR".
"Bilinear", right? Like I said, there's no damn difference between that and "Bicubic". "Nearest Neighbor" does the MS-Paint thing, so I dunno wtf to do.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:19
Lüt is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lüt a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

"NEAREST NEIGHBOR" IS "LINEAR"

Old Post 10-28-01 17:23
deadnail

You can't have the cat.

Try resizing images larger, Lüt. You'll see a humongous dif between bilinear and bicubic. Bicubic is uniform. Doing pixel resizes like MS Paint is just asking for a horrible result.

There are filters to sharpen an image you know, try a few of them after you resize it down.

None of you can have the cat.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:25
deadnail is offline Profile || Click here to Send deadnail a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Oh, he just hates every goddamn option. I dunno what kind of effect he's trying to archieve. You know, Phothosop doesn't know the difference between "important detail" and "strokes" :P

Old Post 10-28-01 17:30
Lüt
Administrator

There are filters to sharpen an image you know
MAYBE IF THEY DIDN'T LOOK LIKE SANDPAPER FILTERS INSTEAD OF SHARPEN FILTERS I WOULD USE THEM.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:34
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

THEN GIVE ME THE FUCKING PIC AND I'LL RESIZE IT

Old Post 10-28-01 17:34
Lüt
Administrator

Well, I have to scan them first...

Old Post 10-28-01 17:36
deadnail

Well maybe you retards should start using a man's photo editor, like PaintShopPro. =)

Old Post 10-28-01 17:37
Lüt
Administrator

I have that...

Tell me how to do good non-grainy images from high-res scans and I just might switch.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:40
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHHAHAHAHANO.

I was born in Photoshop, and I'm sticking to it.

/me bites Photoshop leg harder.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:40
Lüt
Administrator

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHHAHAHAHANO.
Hey, you've got a lower-case h in there.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:42
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

That would've been an excellent way to kill the thread, actually...

Old Post 10-28-01 17:45
Lüt
Administrator

Nah, you haven't fixed my image yet.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:47
deadnail

I have that...

Tell me how to do good non-grainy images from high-res scans and I just might switch.
Well look at my photos and see for yourself, it works great with hi res scans.

Old Post 10-28-01 17:47
Lüt
Administrator

Nice, but I'm talking about images of this calibre of quality. Note how the shading on the plates looks so smooth you'd think it's been rendered, but the edges of the image are so sharp they don't have more than a 1-pixel blur. Another example, if you ignore the JPG compression: the sharp outline of the white/red text in this image as opposed to the background coloring, which looks as smooth as if it's been blurred 4 times.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Old Post 10-28-01 18:37
deadnail

Then get some college credits in Photoshop. Not going to happen? THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Old Post 10-28-01 18:54
Lüt
Administrator

Then get some college credits in Photoshop. Not going to happen? THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Excuse me, but FUCK YOU.

THEN GIVE ME THE FUCKING PIC AND I'LL RESIZE IT
O-FUCKING-K.

Old Post 10-28-01 20:55
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

O

You're having this whole massive flamewar over how to resize that picture?

Old Post 10-28-01 21:09
fraggle is online now Profile || Click here to Send fraggle a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

O
You're having this whole massive flamewar over how to resize that picture?
It's the only picture I could find right now where I can use the text as a reference to how accurate the resizing technique would be.

Old Post 10-28-01 21:19
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

HO HO HO

THESE ARE REGULAR PHOTOS OF COURSE IT DOESN'T LOOK ALL CRISPY

Old Post 10-29-01 03:40
Lüt
Administrator

HO HO HO

THESE ARE REGULAR PHOTOS OF COURSE IT DOESN'T LOOK ALL CRISPY
I KNOW THEY DON'T LOOK ALL CRISPY BUT THEY AIN'T SUPPOSED TO LOOK GRAINY AFTER THE RESIZE EITHER! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT FILTERS TO APPLY WHERE AND WHEN TO GET THEM TO LOOK GOOD.

Old Post 10-29-01 03:56
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

HOW ABOUT LOADING AIM THEN!!?

Old Post 10-29-01 04:16
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

You know the forums have reached a new low when Lüt and Zaldron are in a flame war over Photoshop.

Ling, start charging all new members to the forums $10/year.

Old Post 10-29-01 04:49
Katgut is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

What, and let this thread die?

Good idea :)

Old Post 10-29-01 04:50