User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Hokuto No Doom project - COMPLETE RESSOURCES !!
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:42.   
iceman57
Banned

7/7/2008 - 7 stars, 7 stars, 25th anniversary.

Dear Doom players and mappers,

Find following one and a half year of project development "Hokuto No Doom".

Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGtyMzvx0Kk
(Sorry for Youtube low-quality, source available in video details).

This archive is a respectful tribute to the 25th anniversary of "Fist of the north star" comic and the result of an international partnership.
This work is free and without profit, STRICTLY NOT FOR SALE and only a tribute from a fan development team to the worldwide web community.

Project Partners :
Management & Design :
Historical support : http://www.hokutolegacy.com
Technical support : http://www.doomwadstation.com
Online support : LINK REMOVED DUE TO WAREZ
Merchandising support : http://www.anime-fantasy.org

The story :
At the end of the second millenium, the world was devastated by a nuclear explosion…
On this planet ruled by fear, "Kenshiro" fights to find "Yuria", his fiancée kidnapped by "Shin".

Get ready for an amazing experience:
- The first time ever that you really ARE Kenshiro
- New weapons and awesome techniques
- Completely new atmosphere with the Japanese original voices.
- The best digital BGM themes from the Kodomo Band and Crystal King
- Face the five biggest villains from the first chapter: Zeed, Spade, Golan, Heart... and Shin.
- Get assistance from Kenshiro's friends: Bat, Rin, village chief and Johnny
- Preserved TV style black and white censored explosions.

Project archive's includes all project motion capture, textures, sprites, midis, sfx, handmade tools, trailers, ringtones...
This project may not be a success without the warm help of a team around 30 people in the whole world.

With the hope you may appreciate this massive work and offer your interesting comments.
Remember that this project is totally free, and got around 3000 players on the different released versions.

DOWNLOAD :
HOKUTO NO DOOM : REMOVED

Now project development is over, time for mappers to create new maps, new caracters and continue to make live the Hokuto universe.
Simply quote "Hokuto No Doom" in credits while using it.

Last edited by iceman57 on 07-13-08 at 02:23

Old Post 07-12-08 23:49
iceman57 is offline Profile || Click here to Send iceman57 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zap610
JETSONZ KREW 4LYF

lol

Old Post 07-13-08 00:11
zap610 is offline Profile || Click here to Send zap610 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Adhoc
Loser

lol

Old Post 07-13-08 00:23
Adhoc is offline Profile || Click here to Send Adhoc a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Siggi

Mirror that shit, I want to lol too. :'(

Old Post 07-13-08 00:30
Siggi is offline Profile || Click here to Send Siggi a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Adhoc
Loser

Its funny because Megaupload sucks.

Old Post 07-13-08 00:36
Adhoc is offline Profile || Click here to Send Adhoc a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iceman57
Banned

Gentlemans,

I used MegaUpload because I've no more storage space on my website...
It's not for hypothetic money reason...

I'd appreciate to be judged on this work and not on the storage method.
(I don't think that "Mirror this SHIT" is the best word for 1 & 1/2 year of work).

Once you will see it your "lol" will certainly turn to "wow" especially concerning motion capture used for sprite design.
So please test the file and judge the work, then comment it.

Constructive comments appreciated.

Last edited by iceman57 on 07-13-08 at 00:50

Old Post 07-13-08 00:44
iceman57 is offline Profile || Click here to Send iceman57 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

iceman57 said:
I'd appreciate to be judged on this work and not on the storage method.
(I don't think that "Mirror this SHIT" is the best word for 1 & 1/2 year of work).

Hey, I'd love to judge this work, but it stands that Megaupload sucks. As in "this isn't downloading" because Megaupload sucks.

Also, Megaupload sucks.

Old Post 07-13-08 00:52
Mechadon is online now Profile || Click here to Send Mechadon a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Siggi

I clearly wasn't commenting on the work itself.

Old Post 07-13-08 01:02
Siggi is offline Profile || Click here to Send Siggi a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iceman57
Banned

Doomworld team get my information newsletter, opened it and readed it (got marker feedback), but didn't click on it, so maybe they can do it for you.

Otherwise, maybe a cool one that has enough storage space to handle 110Mb of datas ?... Any volunteers ?...

I don't know where exactly is the problem with this storage website...
Maybe it's for some technical reasons ?...

I definitly can't handle such mirroring operation.

Old Post 07-13-08 01:12
Mechadon

Can you split it between 3-4 .rars and upload them individually to a free file hosting site that isn't Megaupload? Because I've tried 3 times already and it's not even downloading.

Old Post 07-13-08 01:17
Mechadon is online now Profile || Click here to Send Mechadon a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
alien8
Mini-Member

Mechadon said:
Can you split it between 3-4 .rars and upload them individually to a free file hosting site that isn't Megaupload? Because I've tried 3 times already and it's not even downloading.

Agreed - I've got it to roughly 15 - 20% complete, and it just stops. If I ever do manage to get it downloaded, I can temporarily mirror it for you on my personal space until you can find something more suitable.

Old Post 07-13-08 01:20
alien8 is offline Profile || Click here to Send alien8 a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iceman57
Banned

Could it be US local issues ?? I didn't get any claim till today...

Alien8, gimme your MSN adress
I'll send it to you through the directories tool while chatting.

Here's my adress, I'm currently online : iceman_57@hotmail.com

Old Post 07-13-08 01:23
zap610
JETSONZ KREW 4LYF

iceman57 said:
I don't think that "Mirror this SHIT" is the best word for 1 & 1/2 year of work).

Once you will see it your "lol" will certainly turn to "wow" especially concerning motion capture used for sprite design.
So please test the file and judge the work, then comment it.

As fun as it sounds, I think I will pass on downloading some random guy's 100+ meg project without any screens. I know seeing it will give me lulz, but in the end it isn't worth it. <(

Old Post 07-13-08 01:47
zap610 is offline Profile || Click here to Send zap610 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GhostlyDeath
Forum Retard

Mechadon said:

7-zip is better, has better compression and is supported on more platforms.

Old Post 07-13-08 01:51
GhostlyDeath is offline Profile || Click here to Send GhostlyDeath a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

GhostlyDeath said:

7-zip is better, has better compression and is supported on more platforms.

Oh really? I had no idea, I may consider using it more in the future then.

Old Post 07-13-08 01:59
iceman57
Banned

zap610 said:

As fun as it sounds, I think I will pass on downloading some random guy's 100+ meg project without any screens. I know seeing it will give me lulz, but in the end it isn't worth it. <(

More details on "random" project that I spoke many times on different doom channels and that you already commented on 19.02.2008, 08:16 GMT+1 on WADINPROGRESS.INFO ?!... You must be kidding

(Especially while reading your comments from 19.02).

Here you are : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGtyMzvx0Kk
(Sorry for Youtube low quality, source is better, see video details)

100 clics a day, 3000 players on earth, a team of 30 people...
The first immersive game ever where you REALLY ARE Kenshiro.

You may dislike this work as you ignore the existence of "Fist of The north Star", but sources may be usefull to mappers (especially motion capture research).

I simply offer sources to Doom community to end perfectly this project.

Old Post 07-13-08 02:03
GhostlyDeath
Forum Retard

NEXT TIME, DO NOT INCLUDE THE TRAILER INSIDE THE ZIP! I doubt any mappers would care for some trailer in a resource kit...

That is why this ZIP is so damn big, 56MB for a single file that you can watch on YouTube!

Old Post 07-13-08 02:34
GhostlyDeath is offline Profile || Click here to Send GhostlyDeath a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iceman57
Banned

I wrote "project complete sources"...
If required, I can create a new pack "for mappers only".

Youtube quality is ugly, that's why I included videos in the pack.
Also note that the pack is in destination of Doom mappers and Fist of the north star fans, so some different contents are useless for each category, but crucial for the other one.

That didn't explain why happens so many d/l issues in the USA.
Made a week I released the archives and this is the first time I've such problematic feedbacks.

Time to sleep 3:30 AM
Hope that all will be solved tomorrow while waking up

Old Post 07-13-08 02:42
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Removing the video trailer from the resources and offering it as a separate download wouldn't be a bad idea. The files would then be well below the 100Mb limit imposed by some free download sites (MediaFire for one) if you decide to move them elsewhere.
MegaUpload isn't one of my favourite download sites but for once I had no problems. Downloaded while North America slept and Western Europe was waking up. :-)
There's some interesting stuff in the resources - thanks for making them public.

Old Post 07-13-08 08:53
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
leileilol
dork stalker

iceman57 said:

Project archive's includes all project motion capture, textures, sprites, midis, sfx, handmade tools, trailers, ringtones...

Remember that this project is totally free, and got around 3000 players on the different released versions.

Your stupid self-promoting ego is out of control

Old Post 07-13-08 09:18
leileilol is offline Profile || Click here to Send leileilol a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Marine
took his ball and went home

Finally downloaded it. The WAD file itself is only 5 MB. The rest of the 115 MB is taken up by silly (read: redundant) promotional videos and graphical resources.

I know nothing about Hokuto no Ken. This Partial Conversion has only graphics and sounds replacement related to such. Nothing in there interested me.

Old Post 07-13-08 09:31
Doom Marine is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doom Marine a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zap610
JETSONZ KREW 4LYF

iceman57 said:
I simply offer sources to Doom community to end perfectly this project.

And then in a few months you are going to post about another update, then another and another and another. You do whatever you can to hang on to this little project of yours. You keep talking about your "team" and all the people who like it. I have yet to see any team or any group of people who actually like this. All I see is a joke.

Old Post 07-13-08 09:47
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

Doom Marine said:
Finally downloaded it. The WAD file itself is only 5 MB. The rest of the 115 MB is taken up by silly (read: redundant) promotional videos and graphical resources.

Wow. On that basis alone, I'll stick this in the "downloads-to-avoid-because-it's-almost-certainly-retarded" category.

Old Post 07-13-08 11:57
DooMAD is offline Profile || Click here to Send DooMAD a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iceman57
Banned

GreyGhost said:
Removing the video trailer from the resources and offering it as a separate download wouldn't be a bad idea. The files would then be well below the 100Mb limit imposed by some free download sites (MediaFire for one) if you decide to move them elsewhere.
MegaUpload isn't one of my favourite download sites but for once I had no problems. Downloaded while North America slept and Western Europe was waking up. :-)
There's some interesting stuff in the resources - thanks for making them public.

Thanks for this constructive comment.

I'll proceed this right now, then it'd be easier to mirror it.
So here it is :

HOKUTO NO DOOM - Mapping ressources only (58 Mb)
REMOVED
Mirror it where you want, how you want...
________

One that like and three that dislike, nice stats 25% of satisfaction...

I just posted it "to give interesting ideas" such as motion capture for caracter design that was a really interesting part based on "rotoscoping" technic that I saw on "Jordan Mechner" Prince of Persia TV show.

People may dislike, or simply don't know "Fist Of The North Star" animation, but it's important to offer this work as project is now over.

Concerning ego, this is fact, we've 3000 gamers in the world that use this "Hokuto No Ken" mod.
A team of 30 individuals worked on this project and I'm always proud to say on boards that their huge work bring many players to Doom universe.

For those that'd like to better know this animation :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_of_the_north_star

Its Sammy recent release is really popular in Arcade universe.

Old Post 07-13-08 13:14
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Isn't this the thing that's based on a modified version of the Doom shareware IWAD? Did you ever fix that?

EDIT: Just downloaded it. The answer is no. Looks like this is doomed to a future of geocities obscurity as it will never be accepted into the idgames archive. A shame really, because you've obviously spent a lot of time on it.

Old Post 07-13-08 13:37
fraggle is offline Profile || Click here to Send fraggle a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iceman57
Banned

Yup, it's still the same project, since over a year.
This time, it's its conclusion with sources release on 7/7.

I removed all litigious things and keeped only graphics, audio and WAD for mappers to avoid this discussion again...
Then I posted it again, with reduced content, to avoid the "post-hell" banishement.

Normally this time it's ok, can you confirm, if necessary I'll create a new archive or you can mirror it with valid contents.

(Assistance and mirror welcome).

Old Post 07-13-08 14:12
fraggle

iceman57 said:
Yup, it's still the same project.
It's its conclusion with sources release.

I removed all litigious things and kept only graphics and audio for mappers to avoid this discussion again...

Normally this time it's ok, can you confirm, if necessary I'll create a new archive or you can mirror it with valid contents.

Assistance welcome.

The WAD file is still a modified shareware IWAD, as far as I can see. You haven't fixed anything.

Old Post 07-13-08 14:16
fraggle is offline Profile || Click here to Send fraggle a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
iceman57
Banned

The "HND_KIT" only contains graphics and audio, made cleaning by a mapper, is it still not valid ?

Can you specify what to suppress ?

Old Post 07-13-08 14:18
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Stop advertising this please, I thought up until now that Doomworld was an safe place to visit without running into this.

Old Post 07-13-08 15:06
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Click here to Send Dutch Doomer a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle

iceman57 said:
The "HND_KIT" only contains graphics and audio, made cleaning by a mapper, is it still not valid ?

Can you specify what to suppress ?

Okay, hnd_kit.wad looks like it's probably okay. I was looking at hokuto77.wad which contains all the Doom 1 shareware levels and you shouldn't be distributing.

If you upload this to idgames, you should upload just the hnd_kit.wad and a text file; don't include all the other graphics/videos etc. You also might want to fix up the formatting in the text file (use the Doomworld text file generator).

I'd also suggest removing the one E1M1 level from hnd_kit.wad as it seems to be unfinished.

Old Post 07-13-08 15:09