User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > cac's resignation, and more....

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:50.   
elbryan42
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cacodemon

ok. i like the new forums, but the content of the forums are making me sick.

a few days ago, i put up a topic about south park, and it promptly got deleted. i'm not pissed off about it, it was off-topic. but what i am pissed about is a harmless topic gets deleted, and flaming topics stay. people get banned all the time, but most of the flamers don't get banned for making the place unfriendly and making people leave.

and what's the deal with cacodemon leader? i don't understand why everyone hates him. what did he do? or is this just one person flaming and everyone else joining in?

notice i haven't been around for a while? there's a reason. i'm sick of this place. not doomworld, but the content here. for dumbsakes, grow up!

Old Post 06-24-01 20:22
elbryan42 is offline Profile || Click here to Send elbryan42 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

READ :

I have been flamed for so much, that I will decide to leave. I'm sorry to everyone that I have caused trouble to. I'm sorry that I was trying to reopen Doom Funnies, I'm sorry that I was being stupid, and I'm sorry that I take things too Seriously. I'll be leaving for a few days and don't expect me back until then. Please don't flame me or cause trouble to me when I get back, because I'll be leaving for good then. I'm sorry to everyone, and I hope you'll forgive me.

Goodbye, fellow Doomers.

P.S.: If you want me to stay here then say so. If you don't want me to stay here then you can kiss any high quality WADs that I will create in the future goodbye, and yes that includes the completed Geek DOOM 2 Update.

Perhaps I'm just guessing, but probably because of his attitude....

Old Post 06-24-01 21:14
Zaldron is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
elbryan42

ok. i still don't understand. big frikken deal. so the doom funnies were stupid. skip over them. why flame? what's the good that it does? think before you say things. if you flame someone, you're making the forums unfriendly. and i know that i'm not the only person who's sick of this hating bullsh*t.

Old Post 06-24-01 21:18
elbryan42 is offline Profile || Click here to Send elbryan42 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Hating bullshit is just a couple of packets sent by anonymous avatars trying to badmouth you, when they NEVER, I repeat, NEVER saw/met/relate with you. What's the big deal?

By posting a fake sorry tagged with an insicive comment like that basically nullifies the entire post.

Old Post 06-24-01 21:21
Zaldron is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
elbryan42

because someone's always the victim. either it's esco, or cacodemon leader, or someone else? what does it accomplish? it just pisses people off, and causes less people to come to the forums. think about it. if you were surfing around the net for doom info, and you come across a forum. what do you want to see? a lot of flaming and hate posts? or a friendly atmosphere with people who want to help and a place where you can get the info you need, unhindered by abosolute utter bullsh*t. just take a look at newdoom and here. a newbie asks a doom related question, and he gets flamed and taunted.

Old Post 06-24-01 21:33
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

all too true...its it to the point of sickening...but when a person gets flamed he whines about it (not all the time, just more than likely) and that is just causing him to get even more flamed...an alternative option for the person is to flame back which just puts that person down to the flamers level...if youve been here as long as i have...even longer for people like you two...you know better than to not whine...my suggestion is if somebody flames you...just ignore him or you could talk to ling (don be a tattle tho)...

Old Post 06-24-01 22:00
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoOmEr4LiFe a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Windowpain

Good advice. And the case usually is that the person that flames people is often less liked than the person being flamed. I won't say I've never flamed anyone but it is a wast of time to respond to flaming at all because this is the internet, we've probably never seen the other guy and don't know what he's really like.

Old Post 06-24-01 22:17
Windowpain is offline Profile || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

elbryan: dude, don't be an idiot. Esco is the one flaming Nick and I.

Old Post 06-24-01 22:30
Shaviro is offline Profile || Click here to Send Shaviro a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Well, esco was flaming other people, not the other way around, and Caco Leader, well, I think we let up on him for a little while, but, c'mon! He was almost asking for flames in his posts. And besides, who wants a forum where everybody is always happy and friendly all the time? I know I don't.

Old Post 06-24-01 23:04
Liam is offline Profile || Click here to Send Liam a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

I think you guys ought to really let up on Cacodemon Leader.

I mean, yeah, it's nice that there's differences of opinion in here, and we try to be fairly lenient in most cases of verbal abuse, but there's a certain point where it's just totally ridiculous ...

Old Post 06-24-01 23:07
Arioch is offline Profile || Click here to Send Arioch a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

people get banned all the time, but most of the flamers don't get banned for making the place unfriendly and making people leave.

Uhh, name one person who's gotten banned, 'caus I sure can't.

Old Post 06-25-01 01:50
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Click here to Send NiGHTMARE a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

King REoL.

Not sure if he's still banned or not.

Old Post 06-25-01 01:57
Arioch is offline Profile || Click here to Send Arioch a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

fod_vile

Old Post 06-25-01 01:57
fodders is offline Profile || Click here to Send fodders a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

I'm talking about the new DW forums, not the old ones.

Old Post 06-25-01 02:01
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Click here to Send NiGHTMARE a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Umm, wtf was wrong with my "if you don't like it here?" post? I was just suggesting places people can go if they're not happy here, so they don't decide to completely leave the Doom community or something.

Old Post 06-25-01 02:09
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

/me downlaods a copy of girls gone wild - sexy sorority sweethearts

Old Post 06-25-01 02:39
MACVILWHORE is offline Profile || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Frankly, no one cares about the fellow happy merry people that happens to "discover" this forum. Really. We ussually answer the questions they make, and that's it.

Who cares if they see a couple of "xxxx is a fag" or stuff like that? They'll anyway post their question and leave. If they don't leave they fall in love with the flaming, as the case of Rieper.

Old Post 06-25-01 02:59
elbryan42

that's bullsh*t. people wanna get into a forum with friendly atmosphere where they know they can say what they want and state their opinions without being flamed and bugged.

Old Post 06-25-01 07:10
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

that's bullsh*t. people wanna get into a forum with friendly atmosphere where they know they can say what they want and state their opinions without being flamed and bugged.

No. I prefer places like this. You can post whatever you want, and you'll get flamed. If you survive the flame, you're inmortal. If you attack fire with fire, you're gone.

It's easy. And keeps morons out.

Old Post 06-25-01 07:19