User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > ClumsyDoomer's nomo+ runs
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:12.   
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

jongo said:
it's a known route, there is even an unassisted demo using this glide i think.
Yes, cack_handed did this back in 2006.

Old Post 04-27-11 04:35
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ClumsyDoomer

jongo said:
I've also made a tas demo, which finishes map01 in 9secs and map02 in 11secs back in 2008. It's good you found this trick by yourself, now try optimizing your run a bit, it's very slow for tas at the moment.

Can you upload that demo? I want to see your map02 run.
It's very slow? I did map02 in 0:16.40. Watch this:

Requiem maps 01-02 UV-Speed in 0:27. Complevel 2, TAS, PrBoom Plus 2.4.8.4 (yeah, I did it with other version of PrBoom Plus )

Attachment: 02rq027.zip
This has been downloaded 2 time(s).

Old Post 04-27-11 14:22
ClumsyDoomer is offline Profile || Click here to Send ClumsyDoomer a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ClumsyDoomer

I wasn't busy this week and I could make a new version. Woohoo
Doom 2 (31 maps) UV -NoMo run in 15:44. PrBoom Plus 2.4.8.4, TAS, complevel 2. Features some -turbo usage.

Attachment: 30nx1544.zip
This has been downloaded 8 time(s).

Old Post 04-28-11 16:06
ClumsyDoomer is offline Profile || Click here to Send ClumsyDoomer a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Looper

It might be faster than czech-n but it's not really even close to as entertaining, IMO. You should minimize the 'looking around with the slowmotion' because it just makes the viewers head dizzy

Map01: When you reach the exit door, you have that "super quick" speed again. It might be wallrun but IMO you don't even run along the wall. I might be wrong but it made me suspicious because you said you used "GF>50" in the map04.

Map02: what's the point of opening the door before grabbing the blue key? It would have been 16seconds.

Map04: You can make it in 19s without that GF>50 thing if you polish the run little more.

Map10: It would have been 24sec without the ending glide.

Map12: Heh, that description is rather ridiculous imo. I would say you lost 1 second instead of 'saving' 17seconds :P

Map19: "MAP19: Again the... Ooops. " does that mean you used again the GF>50 at the red key jump? It looks like it, but I might be wrong again.

Map27: You forgot to open the door when you are going for the last key. Saves 1 second imo.

Is it really worth to use "GF>50"?. I think it just makes the spectator suspicious (or atleast it made me). I hope you learn something from this post and I hope you appreciate criticism.

Old Post 04-28-11 20:36
Looper is offline Profile || Click here to Send Looper a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Yes, using GF>50 without calling it a turbo run is absolutely not on at all.

If you want to do things like this, then that's fine - your demos are still welcome here. BUT call it a turbo run, or something like that. Don't pretent it's a regular nomo TAS, because that is simply lying. I've edited your posts to make it clear.

Also, making time comparisons (e.g. "faster than czech-n") with demos not recorded using turbo is lame.

Be more honest about your demos, or you'll forfeit the ability to post them in this forum.

Paska said:
Map01: When you reach the exit door, you have that "super quick" speed again. It might be wallrun but IMO you don't even run along the wall. I might be wrong but it made me suspicious because you said you used "GF>50" in the map04.
You're not wrong. From LMPC:
code:
GF120 SR120 # 169 (4.82s) GF120 SR120 # 170 (4.85s) GF120 SR120 # 171 (4.88s) GF120 SR120 # 172 (4.91s) GF120 SR120 # 173 (4.94s) GF120 SR120 TR30 UT # 174 (4.97s)

Edit: Further checking has revealed similar things in your earlier demos too, so I have separated them into their own thread.

Old Post 04-28-11 20:57
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ClumsyDoomer

Grazza said:
LMPC:

How did you start LMPC? I started it but I can't write any command.

PS: Plutonia 2 map18 NoMo in 0:08.43. TAS, complevel 4, PrBoom Plus 2.4.8.4

Attachment: p218o008.zip
This has been downloaded 6 time(s).

Old Post 05-05-11 15:26
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

This demo also features the turbo gametics, and there is no indication of this in the txt or in your post. (To make things worse, you taunt another player about "beating" their demo.)

I had specifically warned about this, so you shall now forfeit the privilege to post in this forum.

Old Post 05-05-11 19:32