User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Doom 2 sucks

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42.   
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Doom 1 is better.

Old Post 08-02-11 01:12
Sodaholic is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vader

Your topic sucks!

Old Post 08-02-11 01:25
Vader is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Revenant

Sounds like someone's had a little too much sodahol

Old Post 08-02-11 01:29
Revenant is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Another rant thread? That's like three in a month.

Old Post 08-02-11 01:37
Clonehunter is online now Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alphawolf
Banned

You suck. Cocks.

And I agree completley.

Old Post 08-02-11 01:47
Alphawolf is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

I agree with Sodaholic.

Old Post 08-02-11 01:47
Marnetmar is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Shareware Doom was better yet.

Old Post 08-02-11 01:57
Maes is offline Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AlektorophobiA
Mini-Member

Marnetmar said:
I agree with Sodaholic.

This

Doom 2 is just BROWN, BROWN EVERYWHERE!

Old Post 08-02-11 02:01
AlektorophobiA is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mithran Denizen

Sodaholic said:
Doom 2 sucks

We know.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:03
Mithran Denizen is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Doom 2 has far better map design than at least 2/3rds of Doom 1. Wanna fight about it?

Old Post 08-02-11 02:20
esselfortium is online now Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Doom sucks, [insert generic modern FPS game here] is better!!11!!shifteleven!!

Old Post 08-02-11 02:26
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deference
Green Marine

given that doom2.wad wasn't all wolfenstein hallways with obscene fleshy textures plastered on the walls, i'd have to say it's just your posting that sucks.

and i can't blame doom2 for that.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:27
deference is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

You know what? Fuck it. Mazewar is clearly superior.

Being serious for a moment, what exactly was it about Doom 2's level design that was superior?

Old Post 08-02-11 02:28
Sodaholic is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium

Sodaholic said:
You know what? Fuck it. Mazewar is clearly superior.

Being serious for a moment, what exactly was it about Doom 2's level design that was superior?

It actually used open areas and height-varied gameplay? Two of Doom's original three episodes consist mainly of flat, squarish rooms and hallways, whereas a huge chunk of the levels in Doom 2 are structurally more complex, interesting, and inventive than nearly any of what was in the previous game.

So, basically what Deference literally just said one post above yours.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:31
esselfortium is online now Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alphawolf
Banned

Trying to get the ball on a string into a cup is far superior in graphics and longevity. Not to mention to customization that many people have added to over the years. Fuck it, standing still in line for the train is more fun. I think I'll play doom rpg on my phone while I do it, adds more fun...

Old Post 08-02-11 02:33
Alphawolf is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deference
Green Marine

Sodaholic said:
Being serious for a moment

you should do that more often.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:35
deference is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mithran Denizen

esselfortium said:
Doom 2 has far better map design than at least 2/3rds of Doom 1. Wanna fight about it?
I actually agree with this. Aside from E1, I really hate most of the maps in the first Doom.

I probably like more Doom II maps overall, but at least Doom I consolidates all of my favorite maps into a nice episode.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:37
Mithran Denizen is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AlektorophobiA
Mini-Member

Look at any Doom II level, for me there is no texture variety compared to the original Doom because the big part of the textures of the game are brown.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:42
AlektorophobiA is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

Excluding E2M5, E2M6, E2M8, and E2M9, was episode 2 really that bad? Admittedly, episode 3 sucked, with the exception of E3M3. I'd say Sandy Petersen is to blame for Doom 1's crappier maps.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:45
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

I enjoyed E2M5 and E2M6.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:49
Marnetmar is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deference
Green Marine

every map you mentioned from e2 was designed by tom hall.

and looking at that post again, i'm not sure it's fair to say "you know, excluding half the episode, was it really that bad?"

Old Post 08-02-11 02:49
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

deference said:
every map you mentioned from e2 was designed by tom hall.

The first four E2 maps and E2M7 were designed by Tom Hall.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:51
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

You're all wrong. Catacombs 3-D is the shit.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:52
General Rainbow Bacon is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium

Sodaholic said:
Excluding E2M5, E2M6, E2M8, and E2M9, was episode 2 really that bad? Admittedly, episode 3 sucked, with the exception of E3M3. I'd say Sandy Petersen is to blame for Doom 1's crappier maps.

Actually, yeah, it was. I'd go as far as to say that E2M5 and E2M6 are some of the better levels in the registered game. Both of which are Sandy's work. Now, E2M3? What the hell is that bland, flat Wolf3D garbage?

Old Post 08-02-11 02:52
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

esselfortium said:

Actually, yeah, it was. I'd go as far as to say that E2M5 and E2M6 are some of the better levels in the registered game. Both of which are Sandy's work. Now, E2M3? What the hell is that bland, flat Wolf3D garbage?

...Fun?

Old Post 08-02-11 02:53
deference
Green Marine

Marnetmar said:

The first four E2 maps and E2M7 were designed by Tom Hall.

...whoops! ._.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:54
Processingcontrol

The main reason I like Doom 1 over Doom 2 is that Doom 2s levels are very inconsistent and don't really form the same connectivity that Udoom has.

Old Post 08-02-11 02:56
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

Okay, excluding E2M3, were any of Tom's maps really that bad? :P

Old Post 08-02-11 02:57