User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Quake or Doom: Which was better and why [Daikatana fluff]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:54.   
Dark X
Warming Up

geo said:
What was Quake 1's backstory? Timetravel into midievil times?

You just reminded me of Daikatana. Why would you do that to me?

Old Post 08-17-11 06:40
Dark X is offline Profile || Click here to Send Dark X a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark X
Warming Up

geo said:
Sorry. No clue who that is.

Terrible, terrible video game. It made itself look and sound balls-to-the-wall awesome, filled with cyberpunk samurai in a diverse & open game world.

Well, it was none of that.

Old Post 08-17-11 07:17
Dark X is offline Profile || Click here to Send Dark X a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

geo said:
Sorry. No clue who that is.

You're meme-fu is weak.

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/daikatana_john_romero_make_you_his_bitch.jpg

Old Post 08-17-11 14:17
Maes is online now Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Yeah I have vaguely heard of Dai Katana then. I thought it was some user on the forum. Maes... I'd have no idea what Dai Katana is from that ad. Which makes that ad shitty and someone should have been fired over a botch of that level.

So what does this mean? Was Dai Katana a game where you go into midievil times and shoot monsters with guns?

Old Post 08-17-11 15:18
geo is offline Profile || Click here to Send geo a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

No, more like a game where you shoot a billion respawning frogs, as this accurate and unbiased review reveals.

Old Post 08-17-11 15:30
Maes is online now Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Anyway... how did I remind anyone of Daikatana?

Old Post 08-17-11 16:01
geo is offline Profile || Click here to Send geo a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

geo said:
What was Quake 1's backstory? Timetravel into midievil times?

Some advanced team of scientists created Slipgates and some monsters came through being commanded by something called Quake (Later named Shub Niggurath). You are called by them and they tell you too kill the monster and her spawn of Zombie Creatures and Sith Yetis and that's about it.

Old Post 08-17-11 16:09
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Click here to Send Clonehunter a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

geo said:
In the end I think Romero tried to tank the game. He just wanted his money and thought why make a Meh shooter when I can fuck over the company?

If anything, he "tanked" his own company and made a bitch of none else but himself, seeing how he was one of Ion Storm's co-founder.

Old Post 08-17-11 16:13
hex11

Time travel theme... I never played it but still remember all the hype, setbacks, etc.

There's also a GameBoy Color version of Daikatana, but it's very different...

Old Post 08-17-11 16:17
hex11 is offline Profile || Click here to Send hex11 a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geo
Forum Staple

Who's Georgef551?

What's FTFY?

I'm watching the opening right now... no one would survive the intro. 5 minute intros are too long. oooooorrrr... when you load up the game it tells you push start. If you don't push start in 10 seconds it goes to the 11 minute intro.

Or again just have intermitten text over the first level. Oye.

Old Post 08-17-11 16:42
Maes
I like big butts!

geo said:
Who's Georgef551?

My childe, I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.

(if you can find it, because it's invisable (sic))

Old Post 08-17-11 16:51
geo
Forum Staple

Still watching Daikatana playthroughs... Yes I know bad. They started off with the wrong type of level. In a swamp vs bugs. They should have started you off with a sword against ninjas. Then a pistol weilding assassin, you grab his pistol, hop in your dumptruck inside of a coffin then slip off the bridge into a swamp or heck don't have the swamp for a few levels.

Let people play with their sword for a while. Get the whole melee combat down against humans before you go fighting insects and shooting shit. If this guy is a master swordsman it just makes sense for him to use a sword. Uggg... They didn't realize that after 2 years?

Oh yeah and save gems... like ribbon tape for Resident Evil. The game should be saved instantly after that abomination of a cut scene. The game should auto save. With the addition of save crystals or whatever....

The water is green which would imply toxic. Water should be clear wtf?

But then what do I know? I'm not John Romero. All hail John Romero. The guy lucky enough to get tacked onto good projects like Doom.

>>> edit >>>

Thanks Maes :-)

Last edited by geo on 08-17-11 at 17:20

Old Post 08-17-11 16:54
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

geo I thought you had connections and found things out.

Old Post 08-17-11 18:03
DuckReconMajor is offline Profile || Click here to Send DuckReconMajor a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

I kinda liked King REoL's maps...

Just now played The Forbidden Mines (2fiffy5) for the first time, but the catwalk battles did me in, so I spent the rest of the map around 20% health and eventually dodged INTO a fireball after pickup up an invis sphere (wasn't thinking!) As I fell to the ground dying, the blue skullkey flashed in my field of vision just ahead, taunting me...

Last edited by hex11 on 08-17-11 at 19:30

Old Post 08-17-11 18:13
hex11 is offline Profile || Click here to Send hex11 a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote