User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Brandon / Do0minat0r / Malker

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:09.   
MegaDoomer
Loser

Phobus said:
Just thought I'd pop in and say that I've beaten this now (mostly legitimately) and I'm very impressed with the .WAD overall. I think it may not have ended up quite to my tastes, although I did like that the Icon of Sin wasn't some stupid timing puzzle.

Music, presentation and map visuals were all very good. My only complaint would be that sometimes (MAP31 being the main culprit, but also some battles/traps throughout the last 10 or so maps) seemed more along the lines of frustrating than challenging. Well done with this megawad valkiriforce - if it earns you a Cacoward I'll support the decision entirely. You've done an amazing job of mapping this year!

I'm not going to start an argument but I must admit I'm a bit dissapointed that after all my testing work this has still received considerably less than crystal clear reception - even from many prominent Doomers who I thought would love it in a moment. But I guess that's just a fact of life I have to deal with - that what seems next to perfect to me still doesn't satisfy everyone - I can only hope this still gets the caco it very much deserves IMO (even unbiased). I'd say I expected that regardless of one's individual taste this would be unquestionably worth a bare minimum of 4/5, and in reality even the average is struggling hard to stay that high, and I thought it would be nearly an instant 5 for fans of the '96 megawads, and the reception has been a fair bit cooler than that, which hurts me a bit emotionally because I did such a large testing role, but I'm just going to avoid arguing opinions, because I know where that takes me, and it's not a good place. I just felt the need to express a little dissapointment, it makes me question how good I really am at playtesting and judging quality.

Old Post 11-30-11 15:07
MegaDoomer is offline Profile || Click here to Send MegaDoomer a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

MegaDoomer said:
but I'm just going to avoid arguing opinions, because I know where that takes me, and it's not a good place.
One would have thought so, yet you do it anyway, here and in other threads.

Remember that we know you are ban evading, and that you have been making the kind of posts that got you into trouble before. Please stop trying to take over threads, and quit the intense lobbying for your favoured projects. Excessive pimping and hyping only tarnishes the projects you are trying to support.

PS: Have Carol and Dale been monitoring your posts?

Old Post 11-30-11 15:27
Grazza is online now Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote