User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Deathcore...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:17.   
TB171

Why is deathcore so popular? Bands like Bring me the horizion, Job For A Cowboy and Suicide Silence are bands what I'm talking about. IMHO it's very overrated. Just screaming the top of your lungs into the mic is considered talent these days? This generation is DOOMed.

Old Post 07-10-12 04:05
TB171 is offline Profile || Click here to Send TB171 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

Why is complaining so popular? Threads like "Deathcore...", "Okay, what the hell, bronies?", and "Mods? Puh-leeze.." are threads what I'm talking about. Just complaining about things people like is considered quality posting these days? This generation is DOOMWORld.

Old Post 07-10-12 04:33
DuckReconMajor is offline Profile || Click here to Send DuckReconMajor a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kirby

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_love_deathcore_magnet-p147690127607085109envtl_400.jpg
Know it

Old Post 07-10-12 04:45
Kirby is offline Profile || Click here to Send Kirby a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

This thread is about 5 years too late. "Deathcore" is still popular?

Old Post 07-10-12 04:55
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Whoo
Forum Regular

A friend of mine showed me some Bring Me the Horizon and other Deathcore songs once. I still prefer the groups I usually to, like Dark Tranquility and Sybreed, but I didn't think that they were that bad.

Although I totally understand people not liking it since the majority of Deathcore consists of screaming as loud as possible into mics.

Old Post 07-10-12 04:55
Whoo is offline Profile || Click here to Send Whoo a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

TB171 said:
Just screaming the top of your lungs into the mic is considered talent these days?

I don`t like deathcore. Actually, I hate it, but with that post of yours you can choose one of these three options:

1: you are a troll

2: you are a retard

3: you are a retarded troll

Old Post 07-10-12 05:05
darkreaver is offline Profile || Click here to Send darkreaver a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
yellowmadness54

Metal is like an apple.

Everything is good, except the "core".

I agree, deathcore is awful.

But not thread worthy.

Old Post 07-10-12 05:34
yellowmadness54 is offline Profile || Click here to Send yellowmadness54 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vordakk
Banned

Nomad said:
This thread is about 5 years too late. "Deathcore" is still popular?

Nowadays you gotta have a swooped-over-one-eye girly-man haircut and play emo-core to be popular. But then again, I never really care about what's popular anyways, so I'm probably wrong.

Old Post 07-10-12 06:02
Vordakk is offline Profile || Click here to Send Vordakk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Is it just me or is every music genre that ends with the word "core" absolute shit?

Old Post 07-10-12 06:04
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Click here to Send Marnetmar a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TB171

Marnetmar said:
Is it just me or is every music genre that ends with the word "core" absolute shit?

Very true indeed, especially nintendocore.

Old Post 07-10-12 06:30
TB171 is offline Profile || Click here to Send TB171 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TB171

darkreaver said:

I don`t like deathcore. Actually, I hate it, but with that post of yours you can choose one of these three options:

1: you are a troll

2: you are a retard

3: you are a retarded troll

How am I trolling dude?

Old Post 07-10-12 06:32
Technician
Still no custom title

Deathcore? More like DeathBORE!

Old Post 07-10-12 06:39
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

More like DeathSNORE!

Old Post 07-10-12 07:14
Bucket is offline Profile || Click here to Send Bucket a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darkreaver

Marnetmar said:

Fail.

Hardcore and grindcore both have so many awesome bands I won`t even start naming any. Especially if you look back to the golden days, aka the 80s.

Old Post 07-10-12 07:49
darkreaver is offline Profile || Click here to Send darkreaver a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

Music chatter, always full of love and friendship.

Old Post 07-10-12 08:16
j4rio is offline Profile || Click here to Send j4rio a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

Can we please continue posting music videos in the "What Music are you listening to right now?" thread and pretend like everyone approves of our tastes in music without bickering about it?

Old Post 07-10-12 08:24
40oz is online now Profile || Click here to Send 40oz a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Marnetmar said:

Well I like some early........

Ah, fuck it.

Old Post 07-10-12 09:03
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Vordakk said:

Nowadays you gotta have a swooped-over-one-eye girly-man haircut and play emo-core to be popular. But then again, I never really care about what's popular anyways, so I'm probably wrong.

Really? I thought that finally died out soon after I graduated high school--I thought it was the "indie" crowd that took over now? I guess I underestimated the attention span of kids these days!

Old Post 07-10-12 09:14
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

How old is everyone ITT?

I'm 29 and I honestly have no idea what metal bands are popular with the kids these days. Most of the music I listen to in general are bands and artists that were around in the 90's or the early 00's at least, the rest is vintage stuff.

Old Post 07-10-12 09:17
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vordakk
Banned

Nomad said:

I thought it was the "indie" crowd that took over now?

I never figured out what "indie" means. It seems to change every so often, and there's really nothing that compels me to keep track. I'll bet that in the 80's the term "indie" had a much different meaning. And what's perhaps funnier, at least in my mind, is that if this "indie" crowd did take over, doesn't that make "indie" not so indie anymore? I'm assuming indie means independent, as in an indie label. But if "indie" bands are getting signed to big labels...

DoomUK said:
How old is everyone ITT?

I'm 29 and I honestly have no idea what metal bands are popular with the kids these days. Most of the music I listen to in general are bands and artists that were around in the 90's or the early 00's at least, the rest is vintage stuff.

I'm 33, and I mostly listen to late 70's and 80's metal and hard rock, with a dose of AOR thrown in for good measure. I think metal died in a big way after the 80's, when the whole grunge thing hit. I do listen to early 90's death metal, but after '94 it kinda started sucking as well. I dunno, maybe I'm wearing nostalgia glasses, but bands just seemed more exciting back a few decades ago.

Old Post 07-10-12 09:23
Vordakk is offline Profile || Click here to Send Vordakk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Marnetmar said:
Nope

OT, deathcore is a cancerous abomination, everyone that's into it now will grimace when they think about this trend in 20 years time, especially those that are in deathcore bands, I hope.

Old Post 07-10-12 12:24
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Click here to Send DeathevokatioN a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

All my favorite genres end with "core". Lolicore, breakcore, mashcore, etc.

Old Post 07-10-12 13:13
Memfis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Satyr000

I don't even care what musical genre a band or song fits into. What matters in the end is if I enjoy the song or band. Genre names such as Deathcore seem to be buzz words thought up by a bunch of record executives in order to generate hype for bands that fly under the radar otherwise. Its also another example of record labels pooping out clone bands to cash in on another passing fad. When ever I hear some one going off about the new "it" musical genre I start thinking of hair metal and new wave like back in the 80's/90s. Just a sea of clones that looked and sounded the same.

Last edited by Satyr000 on 07-10-12 at 16:25

Old Post 07-10-12 13:25
Satyr000 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Satyr000 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

It's fine in small doses, but couldn't listen to it all the time. Not a fan of 'Bring Me The Horizon', though. Happy headbanging to the odd bit of Suicide Silence and Whitechapel.

Old Post 07-10-12 14:40
DooMAD is offline Profile || Click here to Send DooMAD a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

darkreaver said:
Fail.

Hardcore and grindcore both have so many awesome bands I won`t even start naming any. Especially if you look back to the golden days, aka the 80s.

Yeah. 80s hardcore is great it's just you Marnetmar and other people who have different tastes in music than I do.

Old Post 07-10-12 15:33
DuckReconMajor is offline Profile || Click here to Send DuckReconMajor a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

Marnetmar said:

It's all subjective, but in the metal community, grindcore in most of its forms (especially deathgrind and old-school goregrind) are often well respected. Metalcore was once a respectable genre, as its usage dates back at least to 1987 and once referred to bands like S.O.D., D.R.I. and Wehrmacht. Additionally, hardcore punk, a term which was quickly shortened to hardcore, played an important role in the development of extreme metal in the early and mid 80s. Modern hardcore is often dismissed because of its tendencies toward cheesy syncopated grooves and endless breakdowns. The popularity of deathcore is no doubt the fact that it bridges a gap between mainstream and underground metal, much as nu metal did in the 90s and hair metal did in the 80s. There are also genres of electronic music ending in core, such as speedcore, terrorcore, happy hardcore, etc., and I find some of that music to be extremely interesting.

Old Post 07-10-12 17:12
GoatLord is offline Profile || Click here to Send GoatLord a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

Deathcore is a flavor-of-the-month fad, soon to join the ranks of metalcore, nu-metal, and hair metal. In ten years, every Deathcore band will have changed their sound or have dissolved.

Personally, I'm angry at the genre because of it's sheer laziness. "Let me grab my ESP guitar loaded with EMG 81/85s tuned to Drop-C and chug on the E-string a lot and we'll call it a breakdown". And then the asshole engineer will quantize the kicks, layer the guitars a million times, eliminate the bass guitar, and call it a day.

Old Post 07-10-12 17:20
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Click here to Send Mr. Freeze a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Any thread about "genres" of "metal" is doomed from the start, even if the OP is intelligently and thoughtfully worded. Which this one isn't.

Please think of something at least a little more interesting to post about.

Old Post 07-10-12 17:28
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote