User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Bobby Prince - I still need your help [Video]
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17.   
nirv
Banned

I think it's time to find a new website to discuss Doom with the kind of decisions the admins on this forum make.

I don't need an explanation because an admin will never admit he's wrong, but I do still need help from somebody who has the disc.

Old Post 07-16-12 15:48
nirv is offline Profile || Click here to Send nirv a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nirv
Banned

It's no where online in .flac or .iso quality or else I wouldn't even ask.

Old Post 07-16-12 16:09
nirv is offline Profile || Click here to Send nirv a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Yeah, some explanation from admins would be nice since this is really not any different from what's going on in the PSX TC thread.

Old Post 07-16-12 16:10
Memfis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

Yep, time to close Doomworld down since there's no point in having a forum at all if we're not supplying people with free copyright material.

Your video is both hilarious and tragic in equal measure.

Old Post 07-16-12 16:12
DooMAD is offline Profile || Click here to Send DooMAD a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nirv
Banned

DooMAD said:
Yep, time to close Doomworld down since there's no point in having a forum at all if we're not supplying people with free copyright material.

Your video is both hilarious and tragic in equal measure.

1. It took 3 days to even make an account and begin posting here.

2. When you DO post, it can be deleted. In other words, this forum actually offers less freedom of expression than YouTube does.

When I wanted to post here about some bugs I found in PSX Doom, it was urgent (to me). I wanted to get the information out there immediately but instead I had to wait 3 days. That discourages people from even wanting to contribute because it's less like an open forum and more like tribalism. It's strange as hell.

By the way, I implore you to tell me that it's tragic over Skype instead of over text.

Old Post 07-16-12 16:15
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

nirv said:
It took 3 days to even make an account and begin posting here.
So? Doesn't make your argument any less baffling. Most of us are here because we create our own material, this isn't a filesharing website and never will be.

nirv said:
When you DO post, it can be deleted. In other words, this forum actually offers less freedom of expression than YouTube does.
And we're all incredibly thankful for that. If this forum were even half as painful to read as the average comments on YouTube, most of us would have jumped ship by now.

nirv said:
By the way, I implore you to tell me that it's tragic over Skype instead of over text.
No camera and mic = no Skype.

Old Post 07-16-12 16:26
DooMAD is offline Profile || Click here to Send DooMAD a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nirv
Banned

DooMAD said:
So? Doesn't make your argument any less baffling. Most of us are here because we create our own material, this isn't a filesharing website and never will be.

And we're all incredibly thankful for that. If this forum were even half as painful to read as the average comments on YouTube, most of us would have jumped ship by now.

No camera and mic = no Skype.

Somebody needs to drop a butterfly net over this guy.

Old Post 07-16-12 16:36
Snakes

This officially just became hilarious. That's an objective fact.

nirv said:
2. When you DO post, it can be deleted. In other words, this forum actually offers less freedom of expression than YouTube does.

A freedom you've so thoughtfully and graciously taken away by disabling comments on your YouTube videos. Smooth move, friendo.

Last edited by Snakes on 07-16-12 at 17:10

Old Post 07-16-12 16:42
Snakes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Snakes a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/rofl.gif

It all makes sense now, I'm the weirdo. I'm so glad we got that straightened out.

Old Post 07-16-12 16:57
PRIMEVAL

What the hail did I just stumble into?

Old Post 07-16-12 17:06
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Click here to Send PRIMEVAL a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nirv
Banned

PRIMEVAL said:
What the hail did I just stumble into?

I'm looking for somebody to do a ~20 minute favor and rip their Bobby Prince - Doom Music from 1997 to .iso and just send it to me because I lost mine. It's so rare it can no longer be bought and I lost my original.

Instead of being helpful like normal people are, I'm getting my posts deleted and insulted because people think I'm some thief trying to use forums for piracy when that isn't what it is at all.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:10
Khorus
Strife!

This is beautiful.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:15
Khorus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Khorus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

I'm gonna need me some popcorn for this show.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:16
kristus is offline Profile || Click here to Send kristus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Memfis said:
Yeah, some explanation from admins would be nice since this is really not any different from what's going on in the PSX TC thread.
The admins had decided to remove the "report to mod" button, making it possible for trolls to get away with such things as warez or goatse links unless a moderator luckily stumbles upon the thread (which he might not).

It has happened for goatse posts to appear and remain posted because of this.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:22
printz is offline Profile || Click here to Send printz a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

No now go away.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:26
Use3D is offline Profile || Click here to Send Use3D a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NoneeLlama

You're taking this way to personally. The mods are just doing their job by deleting ANY thread asking for copyright material. Also, so far you are the only one insulting others.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:26
NoneeLlama is offline Profile || Click here to Send NoneeLlama a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

It's threads like this that make me see what people mean when they complain about entitlement.

You are not entitled to free copies of stuff you may genuinely have bought long ago, but have lost since. You are not entitled to have people volunteering to contact you directly and send it to you. You also are not entitled to have your threads remaining open, either.

Freedom of speech, by the way, doesn't mean that you can post anything anywhere and expect it to stay. Doomworld is a private place which can enforce its own rules. In the same way, if I spray-painted slogans all over your home, nobody sane would consider it a violation of free speech if you cleaned them out.

Finally, do not assume that everybody who looks at this thread is in the possession of that disc to begin with. It very well could be that nobody is helping you partly because nobody can help you, even if they actually wanted to (despite your poor attitude).

Old Post 07-16-12 17:37
Gez is offline Profile || Click here to Send Gez a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

ITT: Take better care of your shit.

Memfis said:

If something's going down that thread it will be dealt with in time. Thing is nirv has no control over how the rules are enforced and never will. Pick you battles dude, cause this is one you ain't gonna win.

Last edited by Use3D on 07-16-12 at 17:45

Old Post 07-16-12 17:39
Use3D is offline Profile || Click here to Send Use3D a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

Careful guys, don't provoke him or he'll make another Youtube video. That would be terrible (and not funny at all).

Old Post 07-16-12 17:41
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Gez said:
It's threads like this that make me see what people mean when they complain about entitlement.

You are not entitled to free copies of stuff you may genuinely have bought long ago, but have lost since. You are not entitled to have people volunteering to contact you directly and send it to you. You also are not entitled to have your threads remaining open, either.

Freedom of speech, by the way, doesn't mean that you can post anything anywhere and expect it to stay. Doomworld is a private place which can enforce its own rules. In the same way, if I spray-painted slogans all over your home, nobody sane would consider it a violation of free speech if you cleaned them out.

Finally, do not assume that everybody who looks at this thread is in the possession of that disc to begin with. It very well could be that nobody is helping you partly because nobody can help you, even if they actually wanted to (despite your poor attitude).

Yeah, nirv, be happy with what you have, sorry for telling you this. I know the files are digital and shouldn't be deteriorating, but imagine that you're instead having analog tapes of said music, and that they have aged when you did the lossy backup.

Also you should know that some of us have anxiety disorders (it happens) which make us far less comfortable talking by voice, than by text.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:42
printz is offline Profile || Click here to Send printz a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

You made a VIDEO with your whiny narration complaining about a forum post? What...the...fuck?

Old Post 07-16-12 17:43
GoatLord is offline Profile || Click here to Send GoatLord a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/11/29/owens-topper.jpg

Old Post 07-16-12 17:46
Ralphis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Ralphis a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nirv
Banned

Use3D said:
No now go away.

Hypocrite alert.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...8067#post158067

Use3D said:
I wonder when they're going to get the idea that file sharing can never be stopped. And who gonna stop me from putting a shitload of mp3s on my server for all the world to download?? nobody. It's nice to see one ISP not rolling over and playing dead with the RIAA.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:46
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

That's a quote from 2002, by the way. Not that he's clutching at straws or anything.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:49
Khorus
Strife!

nirv said:

Hypocrite alert.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...8067#post158067

hahaha nice "background check"

Old Post 07-16-12 17:50
Khorus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Khorus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

File sharing can't be stopped, But we don't actively share copyrighted files on this forum. I don't see what you're getting at, but you're just angry so it's ok.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:51
nirv
Banned

DooMAD said:
That's a quote from 2002, by the way. Not that he's clutching at straws or anything.

I'm tired of the holier than thou attitudes by these fraudulent people on forums. If you're not going to help me, bug off. If you disagree or have a problem with me, I'm on Skype right now. The light's green, mister. Oh BOY it's greener than the brick I just dropped.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:52
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

nirv said:

I'm tired of the holier than thou attitudes by these fraudulent people on forums. If you're not going to help me, bug off. If you disagree or have a problem with me, I'm on Skype right now. The light's green, mister. Oh BOY it's greener than the brick I just dropped.

Yes, I'll be sure to get on Skype right now with that camera and mic I already mentioned I don't have.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:54
nirv
Banned

DooMAD said:

Yes, I'll be sure to get on Skype right now with that camera and mic I already mentioned I don't have.

You type, I'll talk. As much as I love my Filco Majestouch2 mechanical keyboard, I prefer voice communication for many reasons.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:55
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

nirv said:
I prefer voice communication for many reasons.

Like not having to think about what you say before blurting out complete nonsense and making everyone in the thread think you have a screw loose? I can see that's working well for you.

Old Post 07-16-12 17:58