User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Games with pocket knives?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:28.   
[PROTOTYPE]
Well it's obvious I haven't learned anything.

Do you guys know games where you hunt people down on the streets with pocket knives (prefferably Swiss Army Knives)? I'm really dying to make this fantasy of mine come as true as possible, but without having problems with the 5-0. Thanks in advance! Oh, yeah, a lot of blood wouldn't bother me. Fits well with the SAK red.

Old Post 07-19-12 17:17
[PROTOTYPE] is offline Profile || Click here to Send [PROTOTYPE] a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xepop

No, I don't think there are other psychopaths here besides you.

Old Post 07-19-12 17:33
xepop is offline Profile || Click here to Send xepop a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Well TF2 has a butterfly knife... Hmm, not sure about games and swiss army knives, but hey, you know, instead of games, I think this would be more fun irl. I think Swiss knives are pretty cheap. Then just hit the downtown area at night and take on those beggars in the alleys.

Old Post 07-19-12 17:50
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Click here to Send Clonehunter a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

Uh-huh.

Old Post 07-19-12 18:00
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

You're not exactly using a pocket knife, but you can certainly stab to your heart's content in the Assassin's Creed franchise. Do you have something you want to tell us about?

Old Post 07-19-12 18:54
Pavera is offline Profile || Click here to Send Pavera a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

DoomUK said:
Uh-huh.
It would normally be silly for me to try to criticize violent video games on a forum about such a game. However, that thread plus [PROTOTYPE]'s description of this as a "fantasy of mine [I want to] come true" makes this rather disturbing.

Old Post 07-19-12 19:01
fraggle is online now Profile || Click here to Send fraggle a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Yup, I'm creeped out.

Old Post 07-19-12 19:28
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

Might want to keep this one's IP address on record, mods...

Old Post 07-19-12 20:30
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Click here to Send schwerpunk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

[PROTOTYPE] said:
Do you guys know games where you hunt people down on the streets with pocket knives (prefferably Swiss Army Knives)? I'm really dying to make this fantasy of mine come as true as possible, but without having problems with the 5-0. Thanks in advance! Oh, yeah, a lot of blood wouldn't bother me. Fits well with the SAK red.

Closest thing I can think of is Far Cry Instincts that has a butterfly knife. Have fun with your murder simulators.

Old Post 07-19-12 20:34
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csonicgo

fraggle said:
It would normally be silly for me to try to criticize violent video games on a forum about such a game. However, that thread plus [PROTOTYPE]'s description of this as a "fantasy of mine [I want to] come true" makes this rather disturbing.

You got blood on my suit.

Old Post 07-19-12 20:35
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Click here to Send Csonicgo a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quast
insert title here

Fallout 3 and/or new vegas is the only thing I could think of. I'm pretty sure one or both of those has a switchblade in it along with about 300 other weird melee weapons. Particularly new vegas if you get all the dlc.

Old Post 07-19-12 20:35
Quast is offline Profile || Click here to Send Quast a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Why a pocket knife, let alone a swiss-army type?

These usually have short, narrow blades, cumbersome handles, and generally they are not designed for stabbing or combat: no quick-extension mechanism, no safety pin, no locking mechanism, so if you have them pocketed, you'd be beat into a pulp before you could even extend the blade. Even if you go around with the blade fully extended, it's not designed to lock like a switchblade's, so it would tend to bend inwards and close with the slightest pressure.

If you really want a "street combat" knife, there are way better types which are designed for hunting and survival, have much better grips and are still foldable and concealable.

Besides, I wouldn't feel at all threatened by a guy wielding a swiss-army knife with a bunch of sporks and corkscrews protruding from the handle :-p

Old Post 07-19-12 20:44
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

If we're talking streets, why not a switchblade, straight razor, or nigger knife?

Old Post 07-19-12 21:05
Technician is online now Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

The Chex Quest dude has a badass bootspork, it could totally zorch your ass to another dimension!

Old Post 07-19-12 21:13
hex11 is offline Profile || Click here to Send hex11 a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ComicMischief

Just play Streets of Rage 2 and be done with it. Then you can groove to the kickin' rad soundtrack and forget what a nutbar you are.

Old Post 07-19-12 23:11
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Click here to Send ComicMischief a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vordakk
Banned

ComicMischief said:
Just play Streets of Rage 2 and be done with it. Then you can groove to the kickin' rad soundtrack and forget what a nutbar you are.

I find myself listening to the soundtracks from SOR 1 and 2 quite a bit these days. Yuzo Koshiro, you know?

Old Post 07-19-12 23:38
Vordakk is offline Profile || Click here to Send Vordakk a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

GTA Vice City and San Andreas have knives you can use. The former using screw drivers and hammers, too.

Old Post 07-19-12 23:56
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Click here to Send PRIMEVAL a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Almost every street brawling/fighting game had knives, either of the throwable or stabbing variety (Final Fight had the peculiarity that only one character, Cody, could use knives as stabbing weapons. The other characters could just throw them).

But none had silly swiss army knives. The knifes pictured are either switchblades, kitchen knives, Bowies, commando combat knives etc.

Old Post 07-19-12 23:59
Maes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Maes a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
exp(x)

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.c....Detail&id=6029

Old Post 07-20-12 00:19
exp(x) is offline Profile || Click here to Send exp(x) a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

Go play Postal 2 (or its expansion packs). You can use knives, scissors AND gardening shears to go all stabby stabby with unsuspecting peoples!

Old Post 07-20-12 01:11
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Click here to Send Lizardcommando a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Lizardcommando said:
Go play Postal 2 (or its expansion packs). You can use knives, scissors AND gardening shears to go all stabby stabby with unsuspecting peoples!

Strangely, a plain knife is the only thing you DON'T get to use ;-) The closest thing to a knife would be the scissors or the machete.

Old Post 07-20-12 01:13
[PROTOTYPE]

Maes said:
Why a pocket knife, let alone a swiss-army type?

These usually have short, narrow blades, cumbersome handles, and generally they are not designed for stabbing or combat: no quick-extension mechanism, no safety pin, no locking mechanism, so if you have them pocketed, you'd be beat into a pulp before you could even extend the blade. Even if you go around with the blade fully extended, it's not designed to lock like a switchblade's, so it would tend to bend inwards and close with the slightest pressure.

If you really want a "street combat" knife, there are way better types which are designed for hunting and survival, have much better grips and are still foldable and concealable.

Besides, I wouldn't feel at all threatened by a guy wielding a swiss-army knife with a bunch of sporks and corkscrews protruding from the handle :-p

Clonehunter said:
Well TF2 has a butterfly knife... Hmm, not sure about games and swiss army knives, but hey, you know, instead of games, I think this would be more fun irl. I think Swiss knives are pretty cheap. Then just hit the downtown area at night and take on those beggars in the alleys.

People, I present you with my knife collection. I know it ain't much, but I still can't wait to use'em hardcore on some burglar (I keep my door unlocked at all times, just some mothafucka to come bargin'on me...)

http://s10.postimage.org/os16fox91/all.jpg

Actually, I got all sorts of PK's, daggers, lockblades, even an automatic opening one. Hell, I even got a a machete! But I still prefer my good ol' partner:

http://s14.postimage.org/lt2yj10l9/sak.jpg

Why? Cause it's compact, well-finished, good-lookin', and I know that the mechanism won't fail on it over the next 10 yrs, unlike the switchblade I took for 2$ (I actually paid that much) from the black market. Plus, it's easy to hide, at only 93mm (folded).

Old Post 07-20-12 02:04
[PROTOTYPE] is offline Profile || Click here to Send [PROTOTYPE] a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
[PROTOTYPE]

Shit, double-posted...

Technician said:
If we're talking streets, why not a switchblade, straight razor, or nigger knife?

Maes said:

you'd be beat into a pulp before you could even extend the blade...

Skepticism, skepticism... yadda, yadda, fuckin'yadda! Why not just enjoy the simple things that life can give you (or take you, depending on which side you are looking from) ?

Just open the fuckin Swiss' blade (or can-opener, depending on your tastes, you know, to open' em up straight), have a vodka and go relaxed on the streets, and just stab the motherfuckers! Why need a locking blade and all that? You see, this technology just blinds you from the simple pleasure of cutting a chump with a bare knife, whick is in the 1961 Soldier SAK (the silver one, my favourite, and my friend for life).

Hell, they even gave those to Swiss Soldiers until 1-2 decades ago, when they started giving them those stupid ass Soldatenmesser 08's (I have that model too, the green one). IMO the serrated edge is pure bullshit, you can't stab shit with it. Luckly, one redeeming feature in is that it's got a saw, albeit a fragile one. However the reamer in the old Soldier is unmatchable. IDEAL for popping someone's sight off.

I'm confident that everyone on this forum agrees with me on this subject... right... guys?

Lizardcommando said:

PRIMEVAL said:
GTA Vice City and San Andreas have knives you can use. The former using screw drivers and hammers, too.

Finished all these games, and I found them too little violent. Instead, I have found great comfort in Manhunt 1/2 and Saw The Video Game, but none of these had pocket knives, unfortunately.

Last edited by [PROTOTYPE] on 07-20-12 at 02:39

Old Post 07-20-12 02:06
Mogul

rofl what a psycho...

Old Post 07-20-12 02:52
Mogul is offline Profile || Click here to Send Mogul a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

so edgy i cut myself

Old Post 07-20-12 03:11
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Click here to Send Mr. Freeze a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

[PROTOTYPE] said:
I still can't wait to use'em hardcore on some burglar (I keep my door unlocked at all times, just some mothafucka to come bargin'on me...)
You've got problems.

Old Post 07-20-12 04:17
Bloodshedder is online now Profile || Click here to Send Bloodshedder a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote