User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > "The Lost Planet" Doom WAD idea (also need helpers.)
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:04.   
goustoff
Green Marine

Hey guys!!

I am working on a BIG project called "The Lost Planet" and i am going to tell you the story line right now!!
here goes nothing!!

"You and a team of super soldiers were heading to Earth after a huge war fighting Hell's legions on another planet. But an unknown ship shoots your ship and your crew start falling through the atmosphere of a planet that no one has ever discovered before.

When your Team regained consciousness, you and the other soldiers crawl out of the ship and find out you and the others crash landed in a mysterious world inhabited by demons, lizard soldiers, and dinosaurs.

Your team of super soldiers have a number 1 priority...

SURVIVE."

If you like the story line or want to help me out, that will be
very useful towards me and you, if you want to help me send me an email. my email is carsonblakeslee@gmail.com

i need helpers volunteering for the following jobs...

*1 or more professional sprite makers

*Scenery designers (making trees, rocks, corpses, etc.)

*Revisers (making sure I or the others didn't miss anything very important.)

that is all I need help with, i can do the rest.

please email me as soon as possible if you want to help out!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!
goustoff

Old Post 07-29-12 23:34
goustoff is offline Profile || Click here to Send goustoff a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

guys seriously!! i need you people to answer me ASAP!!!! I don't have all day to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 07-30-12 00:54
goustoff is offline Profile || Click here to Send goustoff a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
omegamer

YAY I HAVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS!!!!!!

I WILL HELP YOU OUT IN EVERY POINT OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!

I WOULD EVEN PAY TO HELP YOU!!!!!!!!

Old Post 07-30-12 01:00
omegamer is offline Profile || Click here to Send omegamer a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

THANK YOU MY GOOD SIR!!!! WHICH JOB DO YOU WANT?

OR DO YOU WANT TO TAKE ALL?

(I GAVE THE OPTION TAKE ALL JOBS BECAUSE OF YOUR POST)

I COULD USE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET

Old Post 07-30-12 01:02
Ribbiks

goustoff said:
professional sprite makers

Lucky for you I just got my Masters in sprite making

Old Post 07-30-12 01:49
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Click here to Send Ribbiks a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pedro VC

goustoff said:
lizard soldiers, and dinosaurs.

Awesome

Old Post 07-30-12 01:49
Pedro VC is offline Profile || Click here to Send Pedro VC a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

thank you all for sharing your skills and favorites but i need to hire people!!!!
either PM me, email me or post on the thread what job you want!!!!
i wont start until i get the workers

Old Post 07-30-12 01:54
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

doyouhaveanyscreenshotsofyourcoolandwhatnotproject

if not, i can see this going into PH.D (post hell of the damned)

Old Post 07-30-12 02:04
Pure Hellspawn is online now Profile || Click here to Send Pure Hellspawn a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

Pure Hellspawn said:
doyouhaveanyscreenshotsofyourcoolandwhatnotproject

if not, i can see this going into PH.D (post hell of the damned)

OH SHIT! i haven't even started because i have no employees hired yet!!

oh no! how much time do i have?!?!

(or is this a scam just to scare me)

Old Post 07-30-12 02:09
goustoff
Green Marine

well... i guess that no one wants to help out... *sigh*

THIS TIME!!!! I'M DEAD SERIOUS!!!!!!

if i don't get a reply, private message, or email asking if they could have one of the jobs listed within 24 hours, i'm going to have to ask the administrator to close this thread forever!!

i was really hoping that i could use a hand in this project to make a WAD i have always dreamed of making, but i always needed a professional sprite maker to make sprites for the scenery, demons, lizard soldiers, players, and the dinosaurs, because i am the worst at sprite making...
and since no one cares, i'm back to being the outcast of the doom world website...

like i said, if i don't get the types of messages i listed above in 24 hours, i won't just close the thread, but i'll also close my account and never return,

i'm sure you guys will be very happy if i did that...

Old Post 07-30-12 02:56
Processingcontrol

goustoff said:
THIS TIME!!!! I'M DEAD SERIOUS!!!!!!

OH SHIT GUYS, WE BETTER PAY ATTENTION TO HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old Post 07-30-12 03:08
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Click here to Send Processingcontrol a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

In the interest of contributing something meaningful to this project, here is a picture of a carrot:

http://i.imgur.com/Cncub.png

Old Post 07-30-12 03:11
Xaser is offline Profile || Click here to Send Xaser a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

Processingcontrol said:

OH SHIT GUYS, WE BETTER PAY ATTENTION TO HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i hope you meant that...

hey, would...

wait, i shouldn't ask you that question...

Old Post 07-30-12 03:22
goustoff
Green Marine

Xaser said:
In the interest of contributing something meaningful to this project, here is a picture of a carrot:

http://i.imgur.com/Cncub.png

nice try to make us laugh kid...

i don't know if i should laugh, or be quiet at what you said...

but this whole thing about getting workers for this project is not a laughing matter.

how 'bout you get out of this conversation

Old Post 07-30-12 03:26
NiuHaka

I'm not sure I should even ask but i'm too curious. Does this have anything to do with Doom or the Doom engine?
Edit: Nevermind. I just re-read the thread title. So wait. You are planning on making money off of this?

Old Post 07-30-12 03:30
NiuHaka is offline Profile || Click here to Send NiuHaka a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

NiuHaka said:
I'm not sure I should even ask but i'm too curious. Does this have anything to do with Doom or the Doom engine?

yes it does my good sir!!

do you want to help out on it?

Old Post 07-30-12 03:34
NiuHaka

No my friend. I've already got my own project going. Just wanted to see if you mean to make money off of this. Your wording made me think you do.

Old Post 07-30-12 03:35
NiuHaka is offline Profile || Click here to Send NiuHaka a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

NiuHaka said:
Edit: Nevermind. I just re-read the thread title. So wait. You are planning on making money off of this?

no.

but seriously would you like to help out?

Old Post 07-30-12 03:37
goustoff
Green Marine

NiuHaka said:
No my friend. I've already got my own project going. Just wanted to see if you mean to make money off of this. Your wording made me think you do.

OK...

2 questions...

1. how close are you to being done so you can help ME?

2. do you know anyone else free to help me?

Old Post 07-30-12 03:40
NiuHaka

Nope. Already got my thing going. Was just curious. I was going to think you were nuts if you were thinking to make money. Good luck on the project though.

Edit: You responded too quickly for me. I'm not close. No I don't know anyone.

Old Post 07-30-12 03:40
goustoff
Green Marine

NiuHaka said:
Nope. Already got my thing going. Was just curious. I was going to think you were nuts if you were thinking to make money. Good luck on the project though.

good luck to yours as well my friend.

Old Post 07-30-12 03:41
glenzinho
Forum Regular

goustoff, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Old Post 07-30-12 04:30
glenzinho is offline Profile || Click here to Send glenzinho a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

goustoff said:
nice try to make us laugh kid...

i don't know if i should laugh, or be quiet at what you said...

but this whole thing about getting workers for this project is not a laughing matter.

how 'bout you get out of this conversation

I was being entirely serious. Carrots are not a laughing matter. In fact, it is only because of the great benevolence of the carrot that we are even here right now.

A brief history lesson: In the summer of 1997, the almighty Linguica and Mordeth, the future founders of Doomworld itself*, descended from a higher plane, armed only with their infinite knowledge of the universe and a complete lack of clothing. As they touched down on the Earth with a mighty thud, they surveyed their surroundings and concluded that this planet had to be destroyed. But first, they decided to feast on what the land had given them, and it just so happened that their landing zone was a field of carrots.

As fate would have it, as the mighty Mordeth dug up and took a bite out of that first carrot, he neglected to peel it first. The vile taste of raw carrot flesh sapped him and his co-founder of all will to conquer the world by force, thus shifting their focus upon a much more subdued goal: to brainwash the minds of the public by spreading propaganda via use of the World Wide Web. But then they decided to found Doomworld for some reason.

Thus, the legend goes, if it wasn't for the legendary carrots of days past, there would be no Doomworld (or a free planet Earth, for that matter). By bestowing a blessed carrot upon this thread, I have given it my official Xaserblessing of Wise Approval and ensured its place in the history of Doom lore for all eternity.

Signed,
Sir Xaserius the Noblegreat of Yore, Official Carrot Historian of Doomworld (thrice re-elected)

*Footnote: There was also a third mythical founder known as Dukrous but he forgot to pay rent for the entire year preceding the carrot incident and ended up moving to Atlanta, where he spent most of his days shelling peanuts and deep sea diving despite not living anywhere near an ocean. He was a rather strange dude.

Old Post 07-30-12 04:46
Xaser is offline Profile || Click here to Send Xaser a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Do you have anything to share other than ideas? People also have lives outside these forums too, so don't be demanding as responses might not be so nice..

Last edited by Glaice on 07-30-12 at 06:55

Old Post 07-30-12 05:15
Glaice is offline Profile || Click here to Send Glaice a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aldaraia

Sounds like you have ambition alright, but it is very unlikely anyone will desire to join your project without being able to see the efforts that you yourself have put forth. Start making maps for the project first, then come back with screen shots and downloads and people might become interested, if the maps are of any quality, that is.

Old Post 07-30-12 05:53
Aldaraia is offline Profile || Click here to Send Aldaraia a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

goustoff said:
employees hired
This is the bit that puzzles me, will you be paying your contributors or is that just a poor choice of phrase. I'm no graphic artist but if "Reviser" is a quality control type of role I could probably help out there.

goustoff said:
ask the administrator to close this thread forever!!
As the thread starter, you should be able to do that yourself.

Old Post 07-30-12 06:30
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Seriously, what the hell is this? It reeks of bloodmaster-style arrogance and foolishness. You best be trolling, goustoff, because you're acting satirically noobish, particularly in your disregard for the project posting guidelines. Really, I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious. If you're being serious, talk to me over PM and I'll give you some guidance of what you should and shouldn't do, as I hope that you have the potential to improve.

GreyGhost said:
As the thread starter, you should be able to do that yourself.

AFAIK, that's not possible here.

Old Post 07-30-12 07:43
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Click here to Send Sodaholic a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
omegamer

@everyone

Hes obviously Not trolling he send me a PM and as I didnt answer 30 minutes later an Email unpatient like a Kid (sry no offence but I think hes maybe 12 years old or 1-2 years more or less)

Old Post 07-30-12 13:21
omegamer is offline Profile || Click here to Send omegamer a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Sodaholic said:
AFAIK, that's not possible here.

http://www.wuala.com/api/preview/kuchitsu/Misc_SCREEN/dwforums_close-thread.jpg

Even though it says "Admin Options", the topic starter can use it too.

Old Post 07-30-12 13:26
Memfis is online now Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

omegamer said:
@everyone

Hes obviously Not trolling he send me a PM and as I didnt answer 30 minutes later an Email unpatient like a Kid (sry no offence but I think hes maybe 12 years old or 1-2 years more or less)

you said i was 12!?!? oh so close!!

i'm actually 14. and yes, i know i'm impatient, people call me impatient all the time, i take no offence. and i apologize for my impatience...

Old Post 07-30-12 13:46