User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > "The Lost Planet" Doom WAD idea (also need helpers.)
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:16.   
goustoff
Green Marine

actually, everyone...

I am going to call off the search for employees for sprite making, scenery, etc.

(unless you REALLY want to help out)

and i'll have to do EVERYTHING by myself, AGAIN!!

happens every time...

Old Post 07-30-12 13:54
goustoff is offline Profile || Click here to Send goustoff a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Khorus
Strife!

diddums

You'll never get experienced people working with you if you have nothing to show and act immature. Do some level design or artwork, get critique and make yourself known (in a good way) before trying to start looking for people to work on your project.

Old Post 07-30-12 14:00
Khorus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Khorus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
omegamer

[QUOTE]goustoff said:

you said i was 12!?!? oh so close!!

i'm actually 14. and yes, i know i'm impatient, people call me impatient all the time, i take no offence. and i apologize for my impatience...
[/QUOTE

Ok well, I cant really help you with your project but maybe you can shoot me another PM and maybe send me a finished map of yourself Im interested in playing something of you.

Oh and guys stop trolling him even I will stop, 2-3 years ago I was just as hypermotivated as him

Old Post 07-30-12 14:08
omegamer is offline Profile || Click here to Send omegamer a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

goustoff said:
I am going to call off the search for employees for sprite making, scenery, etc.
Good staff can be hard to find at short notice. Is there nothing in the Repository at Realm667 that might help kickstart your project, even if only used as placeholders until something better turns up? I know I've seen a dinosaur or two in the archives but can't recall exactly where right now, might stand a better chance of jogging my memory after a good night's sleep.

Old Post 07-30-12 15:21
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

hey guys, good news!!

i am almost done with the first level!!

i will give a picture of it when i'm 100% done.

Old Post 07-30-12 17:35
goustoff is offline Profile || Click here to Send goustoff a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

That's some progress, but why wait until it's done? People do show work in progress shots here too and can help you if they spot any irregularities or design mistakes.

Old Post 07-30-12 18:51
Glaice is offline Profile || Click here to Send Glaice a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

goustoff said:

and i'll have to do EVERYTHING by myself, AGAIN!!

OH NOES, I HAVE TO DO WORK!

In all seriousness, I wish you the best of luck, and I'll supply a few sprites...maybe.

Old Post 07-30-12 19:03
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

BloodyAcid said:

I'll supply a few sprites...maybe.

oh please send me the sprites!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

but what sprites are they first?

Old Post 07-30-12 19:07
goustoff
Green Marine

Mr. Chris said:
why wait until it's done?

I was going to show you the finished version of level 1 not the game.

Old Post 07-30-12 19:08
goustoff
Green Marine

You know what, i'm starting to think no one is here, so now i can finally relax...

although i still want people talking about this topic...

Old Post 07-30-12 20:14
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Just a reminder not to bump your topic up after an hour or a day unless it has some content/updates to the project since the mods don't take kindly to worthless bumping.

Old Post 07-30-12 20:25
Glaice is offline Profile || Click here to Send Glaice a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

Mr. Chris said:
Just a reminder not to bump your topic up after an hour or a day unless it has some content/updates to the project since the mods don't take kindly to worthless bumping.

I don't know what you mean but... OK!

Old Post 07-30-12 20:28
BloodyAcid

goustoff said:

Might as well say this now, since we're on the topic. Bumping is when you post (not necessarily without contributing material). When you post, this topic gets pushed up to the top of the forum list, hence "bumping."

Also, I was going to contribute sprite that you need, not ones that I have. And, it's possible to respond to more than one quotation at once, so no need to post several times in a row.

Old Post 07-31-12 00:42
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

goustoff you crack me up. You're really splendid. May I suggest you an avatar: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/images/avatars/calvin.gifI know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls, but it's so cute and furry! (okay, you're not really a troll).

I have no sprites for you.

...But your story sounds cool. You should brainstorm ways in which your planet will be mysterious. Will it be like Lost? Will there be strange buildings and outposts to explore where weird stuff is going on?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_r0n-VkU_y...row+Outside.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4AeUzhKnq...40/P1030425.JPG

http://images.wikia.com/lostpedia/i...tatue_ruins.png

Will there be a mysterious field of carrots that replenish the soldier's health? Will you replace stimpacks with carrots? Please?

Will there be ents? How about an ent forest?

Will there be an 'incident'?

Last edited by Hellbent on 07-31-12 at 01:38

Old Post 07-31-12 01:30
Hellbent is offline Profile || Click here to Send Hellbent a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

http://i.imgur.com/fHfDK.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/WPstS.png

No need to credit me for this one.

All joking aside, you need to flesh out your 'grand' idea more. Are there custom weapons? Also, I'd recommend against HUGE dinosaurs, since they take up just that much space and look pretty bad if done weirdly.

Old Post 07-31-12 02:21
goustoff
Green Marine

sorry it took me so long to respond, i had to go over to a friends to eat dinner, (yes it was boring as hell!)

so anyways. thank you all for these wonderful ideas, i will start them right now!!

Old Post 07-31-12 03:12
goustoff
Green Marine

HEY guys i need to know how to upload a picture on this tread. i need to know because i will show to the sprite of the tyrannosaurus from side view.

Old Post 07-31-12 03:27
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

I like to use blogger.com because it's free and lasts forever and yeah....

Old Post 07-31-12 03:32
Hellbent is offline Profile || Click here to Send Hellbent a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

goustoff said:
HEY guys i need to know how to upload a picture on this tread. i need to know because i will show to the sprite of the tyrannosaurus from side view.

Go to an image hosting site, like imgur.com and upload your iamge.

Afterwards, paste the link inbetween two image codes.

code:
[img][/img]

Old Post 07-31-12 03:38
NiuHaka

Hellbent said:
goustoff you crack me up. You're really splendid. May I suggest you an avatar: "Appropriate Avatar"
I know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls, but it's so cute and furry! (okay, you're not really a troll).

I have no sprites for you.

...But your story sounds cool. You should brainstorm ways in which your planet will be mysterious. Will it be like Lost? Will there be strange buildings and outposts to explore where weird stuff is going on?

Will there be a mysterious field of carrots that replenish the soldier's health? Will you replace stimpacks with carrots? Please?

Will there be ents? How about an ent forest?

Will there be an 'incident'?

Even though your words have strong hints of silliness bordering on sarcasm, I can't help but agree with everything you said. The avatar is a must once he can select his own and the carrots thing really does need to be a part of this.

Please Gous, PLEASE do the carrots thing.

@BloodyAcid:
That sprite is perfection!

(Edit: Fixed some wonky english)

Last edited by NiuHaka on 07-31-12 at 05:21

Old Post 07-31-12 04:49
NiuHaka is offline Profile || Click here to Send NiuHaka a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

goustoff said:

The moderators don't look kindly on triple posts, especially when little time has passed between them.

Old Post 07-31-12 07:28
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
goustoff
Green Marine

hey guys i'm back!

so can anyone answer me WHY everyone wants me to make this discontinued wad about carrots?!?!

Old Post 08-01-12 02:57
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Reverend Maynard said:
And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber.
And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself.
And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest.
And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil.
One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear.
And terror possesed me then.
And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"
And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."
And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"
Can I get an amen?
Can I get a hallelujah?
Thank you Jesus.

Old Post 08-01-12 03:10
glenzinho is online now Profile || Click here to Send glenzinho a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiuHaka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlKpJvIrVaY

Old Post 08-01-12 03:22
NiuHaka is offline Profile || Click here to Send NiuHaka a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

goustoff said:
so can anyone answer me WHY everyone wants me to make this discontinued wad about carrots?!?!
That's easy, we need a really good jokewad in order to generate some post-Cacoward drama when it fails to win an award.

Old Post 08-01-12 03:30
goustoff
Green Marine

GreyGhost said:
That's easy, we need a really good jokewad in order to generate some post-Cacoward drama when it fails to win an award.

well sorry pal, there is no way i'm letting this wad go to hell!!

ask someone else for that offer, maybe a retard...

Old Post 08-01-12 04:56
Processingcontrol

...maybe a retard...

Umm...

No John, you are the...

Old Post 08-01-12 05:03
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Click here to Send Processingcontrol a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

goustoff said:
ask someone else for that offer, maybe a retard...

A retard would be overqualified, that's why it'd be nice if you did it

Old Post 08-01-12 05:04
glenzinho is online now Profile || Click here to Send glenzinho a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

goustoff said:

maybe a retard...

Auferstehung!

Oh wait...there was actually a little bit of effort going into that. My bad.

Old Post 08-01-12 05:12
darkreaver

I`d be happy to work for you on your project. I can make sprites, all kinds of...

I`ll need payment though. A salary. Since I`ll have to quit my current job, I`ll need you to transfer me $4200 each month.

Do we have a deal?

Old Post 08-01-12 05:44
darkreaver is offline Profile || Click here to Send darkreaver a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote