User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Newbies & Hazings Forum proposal
should DW create a "Newbies & Hazings" forum for entertaining, "sub-par" threads?
Yes, it\'s a splendid idea.
Yes, but it should simply be called: Impse
No, this is stupid.
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:17.   
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Well, that carrots thread was some of the best entertainment I've had in a long time. Of course the thread got locked (then unlocked??) then post-helled so I didn't get a chance to add anymore to it. Today I had grated carrots mixed with a little olive oil and mayonaise for lunch.

The proposal is this: add another forum called Newbies & Hazings specifically for threads that are started by moronic newbies and / or trolls. I am pretty sure I'm not the only one who was sad when the carrots thread got whisked off to burn for eternity in post hell. So it could have been sent to the "Newbies & Hazings" forum where the hazing of the newbie could have continued.

As a way to not encourage trolls for the sake of trolling, it could be that it's impossible to start threads in the forum. The only way threads get into the forum is by being moved from another forum because they have degenerated into what the carrots forum became. You could still post replies to existing threads in the forum, but you couldn't start new threads in the forum.

Old Post 08-02-12 02:42
Hellbent is offline Profile || Click here to Send Hellbent a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

How about the "Newbies/Hazings/Hellbent" forum?

Old Post 08-02-12 02:49
Snakes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Snakes a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Why not just allow Post Hell threads to be added to?

Old Post 08-02-12 03:19
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

Nomad said:

It'd be awesome if they implemented this.

Old Post 08-02-12 03:20
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Click here to Send Sodaholic a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Because we're not Something Awful.

Old Post 08-02-12 03:38
Bucket is offline Profile || Click here to Send Bucket a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Bunch of grandpas up in this place

Old Post 08-02-12 03:41
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Could be postcount disabled like in blogs?

Seriously though, the way things are now are pretty good.
Occasionally someone like goustoff comes out of the woodwork and... well, the results speak for themselves.
In that specific case I thought he was a genuine young angsty person, until the post when he talked about getting dumped in the woods or something and then having a mechanical limb which at that point he descended into troll territory...

Long story short, from what I've seen newbies get hazed enough and adding a new section just screams out come out and troll.

Old Post 08-02-12 03:44
glenzinho is online now Profile || Click here to Send glenzinho a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Snakes said:
How about the "Newbies/Hazings/Hellbent" forum?
Let's call it "Purgatory". Each post there deducts two from your postcount and confines you to the forum for 24 hours. *evil grin*

Old Post 08-02-12 03:54
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

GreyGhost said:
Let's call it "Purgatory". Each post there deducts two from your postcount and confines you to the forum for 24 hours. *evil grin*

Now THAT I like... would you sacrifice for your inner troll?

Old Post 08-02-12 03:58
glenzinho is online now Profile || Click here to Send glenzinho a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

I'd rather see there be a "Best of Post Hell" thread/sticky/whatever. Let's not go too overboard here, carrots aside. :P

Old Post 08-02-12 04:16
Xaser is offline Profile || Click here to Send Xaser a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

^THIS as well... while on the best of subject, a "Best of threads" thread/sticky too.
Cacoward for thread of the year? The participants could be "awarded" a piece of a smashed up brown Caco trophy SPISPOPD style.

Old Post 08-02-12 04:22
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

glenzinho said:
^THIS as well... while on the best of subject, a "Best of threads" thread/sticky too.
Cacoward for thread of the year? The participants could be "awarded" a piece of a smashed up brown Caco trophy SPISPOPD style.

I like this idea. A cacoward for best thread... would be fun, but the mods would never go for it

Old Post 08-02-12 04:25
Hellbent is offline Profile || Click here to Send Hellbent a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Nomad said:
Nah, best to leave the classics alone.

Old Post 08-02-12 05:00
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Dumb.

Old Post 08-02-12 05:07
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote