User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > teh economee

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00.   
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

So, if businesses and corporations are considered to be people, doesn't buying and owning another company constitute slave labor? :P

Old Post 10-03-12 00:44
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Click here to Send Sodaholic a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zark
is more awesome than Ralphis

No.

Old Post 10-03-12 00:53
zark is offline Profile || Click here to Send zark a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Posting in this quality Sodaholic thread.

Old Post 10-03-12 01:16
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

What I mean is that the company itself, being a person, is a slave, because if a person is owned by another person, that makes them a slave. The individual employees in such businesses are not slaves, as they are free to go. I guess depending on the contract the companies are free to leave by their own will, and they also voluntarily can be bought, and don't have to be bought if they don't want to, that doesn't necessarily make them slaves either.

But, given just the terminology of the word "ownership" being used, doesn't that in and of itself make it slavery, or at least open slavery, even if it isn't really slavery at all in function?

zarkyb said:
No.
yes

Nomad said:
Posting in this quality Sodaholic thread.
yes

Old Post 10-03-12 01:21
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Click here to Send Sodaholic a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Sodaholic said:
So, if businesses and corporations are considered to be people, doesn't buying and owning another company constitute slave labor? :P
It should but it doesn't.

If corporation are people, can't they be punished to the same extent as a regular citizen? No, becasue it's an intangible entity that encompasses the rights of humans, but not punishable by the same standards.

Old Post 10-03-12 01:21
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sgt dopey

There getting paid so they're not slaves, and having slaves is illegal nowadays

Old Post 10-03-12 01:22
sgt dopey is online now Profile || Click here to Send sgt dopey a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

Technician said:
it's an intangible entity that encompasses the rights of humans, but not punishable by the same standards.

Technician said:
not punishable by the same standards.

Which is pretty terrible and stupid of our society.

Old Post 10-03-12 01:23
Krispy

sgt dopey said:
There getting paid so they're not slaves, and having slaves is illegal nowadays

No, they're selling themselves, and that makes them prostitutes.

Sodaholic said:

NO NO NO USE THE CORRECT FORM OF THE WORD

"They're" in this case

Obnoxious, isn't it?

Old Post 10-03-12 01:24
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

Krispy said:
Obnoxious, isn't it?

I never wrote that quoted material and I most certainly did not ninja edit it out after realizing that it was incredibly arrogant and annoying to point out such minor grammatical fallacies. I can assure you of this.

Krispy said:
No, they're selling themselves, and that makes them prostitutes.

Does this make politicians kinda like middlemen or some other role in the sex trade? They're obviously not the pimps, those are big business.

Old Post 10-03-12 01:29
Krispy

Sodaholic went on to say:

Yo I'm gonna cut up Doomworld with my SAK if they get too close... I'm gonna start livin' on da streets an'.. an'... ha HA! I ain't crazy man! SERIOUSLY!!!

Oh, but it's too late to go into this. I'll check this thread in the morn.

Old Post 10-03-12 01:32
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

You know, I had a long elaborate response to this wherein I mocked you for oversimplifying things, but then I decided that this thread was dumb enough that I stopped halfway through the effort.

Congrats on making me a quitter, I guess.

Old Post 10-03-12 02:34
Snakes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Snakes a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Sodaholic said:
Does this make politicians kinda like middlemen or some other role in the sex trade? They're obviously not the pimps, those are big business.
They're the cops who are being paid to look the other way.

Old Post 10-03-12 02:50
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Snakes said:
You know, I had a long elaborate response to this wherein I mocked you for oversimplifying things, but then I decided that this thread was dumb enough that I stopped halfway through the effort.

Congrats on making me a quitter, I guess.

why did you bother reading it if he's on your shitlist?

Old Post 10-03-12 04:21
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Click here to Send Platinum Shell a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

I wouldn't exactly describe him as being on my shitlist. He's only done one thing on this forum that made me annoyed, and since his losering, he's back at the level he was before, which is amusing. Thus, I open and read most of his threads.

This one just happens to be particularly dumb.

Old Post 10-03-12 05:31
Snakes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Snakes a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

How many marijuanas have you had, Soda?

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Old Post 10-03-12 06:22
Jimmy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jimmy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote