User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Death of Amanda Todd [Doom Juan trolling]
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09.   
Doom Juan
Loser

Why would anyone get their breasts out on webcam for anyone anyway?

Everyone knows it all ends up on 4chan anyway, so why bother?

Happier, she says she began chatting to "an old guy friend" who appeared to like her. The friend asked Todd to come to his house, where they had sex, whilst his girlfriend was on holiday.[13] The following week the girlfriend and a group of others attacked Todd at school; shouting insults and punching her to the ground. Following the incident Todd attempted suicide by drinking bleach, but was rushed to hospital to have her stomach pumped.

And she slept around with other people's boyfriends. If someone had done that to me behind my back, I wouldn't batter and eyelid for their suicide.

It seems she had a long history of getting herself into trouble, and then having to force her poor family to move all around the place. From what I've read she reminds me of a teenage girl version of Larry David - means well, but ends up insulting everyone.

Last edited by Doom Juan on 10-17-12 at 18:32

Old Post 10-17-12 18:27
Doom Juan is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doom Juan a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

I don't understand how people can justify being so nasty to other people for such little reason.

Doom Juan said:
And she slept around with other people's boyfriends. If someone had done that to me behind my back, I wouldn't batter and eyelid for their suicide.

In fact I'd dance for joy.

Yeah, don't blame the guy for cheating on his girlfriend or anything.

Old Post 10-17-12 18:31
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser

Nomad said:
I don't understand how people can justify being so nasty to other people for such little reason.

Yeah, don't blame the guy for cheating on his girlfriend or anything.

I'm sure It would be a bonus if something equally terrible befell him in the eyes of the poor girl who was cheated on.

Old Post 10-17-12 18:34
Doom Juan is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doom Juan a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad

Let me get this straight. The guy asks her to his place and convinces her to have sex with him, so she deserved to be assaulted for this? You say this makes you dance for joy? I see you deleted that part from your post, maybe felt a twinge of shame for reveling in the harm of a fairly innocent young person?

I don't condone infidelity, but she's hardly the one to blame in that particular situation. It was her understanding that he felt the risk of his partner finding out was worth asking her over. Even regardless of whether he actually was interested in her or not, it would appear he instigated the whole thing which makes her the victim of not only the assault, but she was betrayed by him one way or another as well.

Doom Juan said:
It seems she had a long history of getting herself into trouble, and then having to force her poor family to move all around the place.

As a parent, I'd do anything for my child, and that includes uprooting my life to protect them from harm.

Old Post 10-17-12 18:53
Nomad is offline Profile || Click here to Send Nomad a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser

Nomad said:
Let me get this straight. The guy asks her to his place and convinces her to have sex with him, so she deserved to be assaulted for this? You say this makes you dance for joy? I see you deleted that part from your post, maybe felt a twinge of shame for reveling in the harm of a fairly innocent young person?

Nah, I was just afraid it might sound too trollish.

Nomad said:I don't condone infidelity, but she's hardly the one to blame in that particular situation. It was her understanding that he felt the risk of his partner finding out was worth asking her over. Even regardless of whether he actually was interested in her or not, it would appear he instigated the whole thing which makes her the victim of not only the assault, but she was betrayed by him one way or another as well.[/B]

Takes two to tango: he might have instigated it, but she actively took a role in something she knew was wrong. If she didn't think it was wrong, then that makes her a sociopath. I can't see how she's a victim for willingly cheating on someone with their boyfriend behind their back - or is this just a case of patronising the 'sweet innocent' who, judging from the look of things, wasn't that innocent to begin with?

Nomad said:As a parent, I'd do anything for my child, and that includes uprooting my life to protect them from harm. [/B]

Her poor family was constantly on the move down to their daughters irresponsible behaviour. And if they were real parents, they would have kept an eye on her internet activities to begin with. I for one wouldn't let my daughter have a webcam until she was at least 18 - after that she can fuck up her life by taking as many nude camwhore shots as she pleases.

But hopefully she'll be wise enough not to be so crass with her body.

Old Post 10-17-12 19:06
Doom Juan
Loser

Nomad said:
it's hardly justification for assault.

I disagree.

Nomad said:I definitely agree that her parents should have kept better track of her online activities, but there's only so much parents can do save for full lockdown which is typically neither feasible nor very healthy way to treat your kids. [/B]

I think it's far healthier to have stricter controls over what your kids can look at online. In fact, the minimum age you should legally be allowed to have a Facebook account should be 18. Far too many predators online these days, and I find it abhorrent that some places provide 'teenage orientated' chat sites and what not: it's just an open invitation for paedophiles.

Old Post 10-17-12 19:23
Belial

Doom Juan said:
I for one wouldn't let my daughter have a webcam until she was at least 18 - after that she can fuck up her life by taking as many nude camwhore shots as she pleases.

I disagree.

Great, who's the sociopath now?

Old Post 10-17-12 19:51
Belial is offline Profile || Click here to Send Belial a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser

Nomad said:
versus locking them away at home and not letting them experience the world.

There's more to life than the internet, and it is not the sum total of the worldly experience.

But it's certainly no place for children - they're too impressionable, and there are too many predators that can avoid detection easier than in the real world.

And besides, most modern hippie-liberal ideas are just an excuse for poor parenting: self-absorbed ideas that negate responsibility, placing too much of a burden on children who yearn for discipline and structure.

"Hi, call me *insert name*, don't call me Mom/Dad".

RUBBISH!

Belial said:

Great, who's the sociopath now?

I don't quite get your point.

Old Post 10-17-12 19:51
dew
experts

nothing justifies an assault, you fucking emotional cripple.

Old Post 10-17-12 20:04
dew is offline Profile || Click here to Send dew a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser

Belial said:
Declaring that you'll stop giving a shit about what your kids do with their lives once they turn 18 and condoning violence as a way of dealing with relationship problems fits my idea of how a psychopath might think.

Don't be such a dolt, for you condemn yourself with your own actions. You deliberately omitted the following from what I had said:

But hopefully she'll be wise enough not to be so crass with her body.

So you like to take what people say out of context, and triumphantly accuse them of abandoning their children when they reach 18? Nothing could be further from the truth, and you know that: but it simply didn't fit your inherent need to twist arguments and cloud other people's opinions in an odious category.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and girls are particularly viscous when it comes to dealings of the heart. A psychopath doesn't actually empathize with other people, and only uses a relationship for anything but love (material gain, gratification, etc).

Violence isn't always a bad thing, and sometimes you wont necessarily find justice in a courtroom.

dew said:
nothing justifies an assault, you fucking emotional cripple.

Then go turn the other cheek and crucify yourself.

Old Post 10-17-12 20:10
Khorus
Strife!

Doom Juan said:
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and girls are particularly viscous when it comes to dealings of the heart.

You're consistent, I'll give you that.

Old Post 10-17-12 20:36
Khorus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Khorus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Belial

Doom Juan said:
So you like to take what people say out of context, and triumphantly accuse them of abandoning their children when they reach 18? Nothing could be further from the truth, and you know that: but it simply didn't fit your inherent need to twist arguments and cloud other people's opinions in an odious category.

Nope, I inherently need to omit meaningless sentences that serve as window dressing.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and girls are particularly viscous when it comes to dealings of the heart.

Real poetic, still doesn't justify beating up someone.

Old Post 10-17-12 20:48
Belial is offline Profile || Click here to Send Belial a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Spammer

Doom Juan said:
Violence isn't always a bad thing, and sometimes you wont necessarily find justice in a courtroom.

That's true. However, how you could possibly justify what happened to this girl is alarming.

Doom Juan said:
girls are particularly viscous when it comes to dealings of the heart

You have issues with women, don't you? It would go some way to explaining your total lack of sympathy in this matter.

Old Post 10-17-12 20:54
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser

Belial said:

Nope, I inherently need to omit meaningless sentences that serve as window dressing.

That's a simple rhetorical trick that Schopenhauer covered in The Art of Controversey, namely to place someone's argument in an odious category in order to try and not answer it.

Belial said:Real poetic, still doesn't justify beating up someone. [/B]

It's a simple question of occasionally teaching someone a little lesson. The girl fucks another girls boyfriend behind her back, and expects to get away with it?

Human beings have always been violent, but on the whole we restrain ourselves and don't cause anyone much bother. Justification doesn't even come into it, and to moan about it is as futile as longing for world peace: it doesn't exist, it can't exist and it never existed.

Old Post 10-17-12 20:58
Doom Juan
Loser

DoomUK said:

You have issues with women, don't you? It would go some way to explaining your total lack of sympathy in this matter.

That's not true, because I empathize with the poor girl who was cheated on, and thus forced into acts of random violence on account of matters pertaining to the heart. If anything I'm more in tune with the female psyche than most who oppose my viewpoints, purely because I don't subscribe to some fanciful academic humbug based on ideology that's wrong.

I'm not going to pity this person just because she killed herself - I do however pity the fact that she clearly had mental health issues that weren't addressed sooner, as she clearly had a personality disorder.

But the fact remains - she cheated with someone's boyfriend and got the wrath that such an act entails. No use crying over that now, and no amount of Domestos is going to change that :P

Last edited by Doom Juan on 10-17-12 at 21:09

Old Post 10-17-12 21:03
Belial

Doom Juan said:
That's not true, because I emphatize with the poor girl who was cheated on, and thus forced into acts of random violence on account of matters pertaining to the heart.

"Forced"? That's a laugh. Having self-control issues qualifies her for therapy, not sympathy.

If anything I'm more in tune with the female psyche than most who oppose my viewpoints, purely because I don't subscribe to some fanciful academic humbug based on ideology that's wrong.

ROFL

Thanks, that made my day.

Old Post 10-17-12 21:14
Doom Juan
Loser

Belial said:

"Forced"? That's a laugh. Having self-control issues qualifies her for therapy, not sympathy.

Like I said, turn the other cheek and crucify yourself if you believe in such a self-defeating viewpoint.

ROFL

Thanks, that made my day. [/B]

But it's true.

I don't feel the need to patronize women and consider them some 'oppressed' sex that needs governmental quotas: women are more than capable, and do a tremendous amount of good for the world.

Old Post 10-17-12 21:22
Doom Juan
Loser

DoomUK said:

I didn't know a single person who died in the 9/11 or 7/7 attacks. Should I have concluded that "shit happens"?

Just makes one think:

I'M GLAD IT'S NOT HAPPENING TO ME

Old Post 10-17-12 21:41
zap610
JETSONZ KREW 4LYF

Doom Juan said:

Like I said, turn the other cheek and crucify yourself if you believe in such a self-defeating viewpoint.

But it's true.

I don't feel the need to patronize women and consider them some 'oppressed' sex that needs governmental quotas: women are more than capable, and do a tremendous amount of good for the world.

What about children? She was only 15 years old and harassed by a pedophile. She should have been helped instead of bullied. How is this situation not fucked up- because she flashed some guy after being pressured? I honestly feel like I am missing something here.

Old Post 10-17-12 21:50
zap610 is offline Profile || Click here to Send zap610 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser

zap610 said:

What about children? She was only 15 years old and harassed by a pedophile. She should have been helped instead of bullied. How is this situation not fucked up- because she flashed some guy after being pressured? I honestly feel like I am missing something here.

I've already said, that's entirely the fault of the parents for not keeping a closer eye on her internet activity. But of course suggesting such a thing brought me into conflict with people who found that idea far too 'draconian'.

I don't believe in the idea that she was 'pressured' - she was more than likely tricked by a paedophile who lied about his age.

Besides, how can someone pressurize you to do something you don't want to from the safety of your computer at home?

She did it willingly and was tricked into doing so, more fool her for being so stupid. I for one would never take my clothes off for a webcam, would you?

Old Post 10-17-12 21:59
zap610
JETSONZ KREW 4LYF

Doom Juan said:
I've already said, that's entirely the fault of the parents for not keeping a closer eye on her internet activity. But of course suggesting such a thing brought me into conflict with people who found that idea far too 'draconian'.

I wouldn't agree that it's "entirely" their fault but it definitely is a factor.

Doom Juan said:
I don't believe in the idea that she was 'pressured' - she was more than likely tricked by a paedophile who lied about his age.

Okay so somebody who has more experience, is older and wiser managed to trick a child; does that really change anything?

Doom Juan said:
Besides, how can someone pressurize you to do something you don't want to from the safety of your computer at home?

I don't know, but I do know people are naive, especially when we are young.

Doom Juan said:
She did it willingly and was tricked into doing so, more fool her for being so stupid. I for one would never take my clothes off for a webcam, would you?

She is a child. Kids are stupid. They don't deserve to have their entire life ruined because of it. And how could she willingly do it if she was tricked?

Old Post 10-17-12 22:05
zap610 is offline Profile || Click here to Send zap610 a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser

zap610 said:
I don't know, but I do know people are naive, especially when we are young.

THEN DON'T LET THEM USE THE INTERNET UNSUPERVIZED.

That has been my argument all along. You need only look at the average comments on ANY youtube video to see how much of a wild-west of abuse the internet can be. Sensitive children who have not the social development to cope with it really shouldn't be on it.

Like I said, a minimum age for Facebook and other social media should be at least 18.

I see no reason why children should have a facebook account anyway, or a twitter account or even a mobil phone.

Old Post 10-17-12 22:11
Nomad

Doom Juan said:
Like I said, a minimum age for Facebook and other social media should be at least 18.

I see no reason why children should have a facebook account anyway, or a twitter account or even a mobil phone.

Calling you Grandpa Juan from now on.

Old Post 10-17-12 22:14
Doom Juan
Loser

hex11 said:
I don't really care, since I'm not involved in any way. I never done wrong to any woman, but I just honestly can't care about someone I don't even know. Smells to me like some media outlet is just trying to whip people up into emotional frenzy, coz that's the way they operate (that's right, they don't care about the girl either).

Quoted for the truth.

Old Post 10-17-12 22:17
Doom Juan
Loser

Rayzik said:
Someone's trying to blame someone because she killed herself? It may have been someone else's actions that were her reasons, but it was ultimately her decision to do it. No-one but her is responsible for her death if she "killed herself".

Exactly.

Do we blame the bullies of Columbine for tormenting Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold?

No, of course we don't. We take it at face value that they must bare the full responsibility for their actions.

This blame-game is merely a media frenzy.

Old Post 10-17-12 22:28
Stroggos

All right, I see the point that Doom Juan is putting across and it's a good point. But as I see it, the girl probably should've had enough sense by the age of 14 that flashing people over the internet isn't a good idea, I know I did because I was parented as such. But the fact still remains that this guy and these people still got to her so much that she felt the need to kill herself. I'm going to go out and say that bullying is a part of life, but to be beaten and abused so much that you have to constantly move? That's too much. We all make mistakes, especially at that age, but to be persecuted to that extent at that age is somewhat unfair.

I don't particularly care about the girl but the fact remains that a young life was lost and that is the point. Kids make mistakes but no child deserves to die because of them.

Old Post 10-17-12 22:46
Stroggos is offline Profile || Click here to Send Stroggos a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Juan
Loser

Nomad said:
There's a difference between "playing the blame game" and recognizing that there's an overarching problem that is driving these young people to such depths that they would attempt to end their lives.

It's the internet - it's no place for children.

Old Post 10-17-12 22:56
Katamori
Forum Staple

Doom Juan said:

The most wise sentence I've read on this forum.

Old Post 10-17-12 23:26
Katamori is online now Profile || Click here to Send Katamori a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

Doom Juan said:
It can be but parents are too lazy to monitor their kid's online interactions. Instead they'll take this incident and demand more from ISPs/websites/government to limit how the internet is used so the they do not have to take responsibility.

Old Post 10-18-12 00:35
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Spammer

Doom Juan said:
Do we blame the bullies of Columbine for tormenting Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold?

What you meant to ask was "Do we blame the bullies of Columbine for 15 deaths and 21 injuries". In a sense, yes.

Not that that dismisses those two boys of responsibility, or in any way suggests that their reaction wasn't horrifically disproportionate and more cruel than the harm that was originally done unto them. If Harris and Klebold hadn't have killed themselves, they should have been locked away in prison for the rest of their lives. But anyone with any intelligence should be able to see that there was a chain of events that drove them to do what they did, and acknowledge the bigger picture behind tragic instances like this.

You berate the "blame game" while playing your own narrow-minded version of it.

Old Post 10-18-12 10:00
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote