User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Future Caco Winner?!?!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:10.   
grouchbag

Don't know if this is the right place for this,but here goes.
Checked out the new stuff over at Gamers.org,and found another *ahem* wad.This one is called Atomic Attack by well, no names mentioned.My advice?Skip playing the wad,just read the text.I found the reading quite silly and whiny.Don't just take my word for it,see for yourself!
Would've put up a link, but don't know how.Sorry.

Old Post 10-22-12 09:28
grouchbag is offline Profile || Click here to Send grouchbag a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Nice find. Another gem from Uncle Cracker, the author of Real Death. Here's a partial copy/paste from attomattk.txt
code:
Description : On August 4th, 2219, Doomguy decided to return to the old UAC phobos base, for old times' sake. Then he realized that, for some reason, everyone there was incredibly stupid and horny for imps. Then he decided to go back to hell for no reason, but when he entered the portal, whet he found wasn't hell. It was much, much worse. My 16-level masterpiece. This is a cacoward winner for sure. 2 months ago, my first submission to /idgames was met with critically scathing reviews. Ever since then, I worked day and night to produce something infinitely better. And I mean that. DISCLAIMER: Even though this WAD contains MP3s, they are not copyrighted. Some maps use SLIGE textures, but they aren't straight SLIGE maps.
Don't know if it's possible to turn out a 16 map "masterpiece" in 2 months but I'll take a look at it in the morning and decide if it warrants more than one star. It's already lost one for using modified SLIGE maps and a second for using MP3s of questionable legality.

Old Post 10-22-12 14:59
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Click here to Send GreyGhost a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

Trust me,the wad sucked.Could the guy perhaps be getting a "Cackleberry" Award?

Old Post 10-22-12 16:13
grouchbag is offline Profile || Click here to Send grouchbag a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomguy 2000
Banned

Right now I've downloaded it. I look forward to playing it since this has some of my resources in it.

Old Post 10-22-12 23:18
Doomguy 2000 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doomguy 2000 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

Reads a lot like a jukenukem3d text file, which is reason enough alone for me to ignore its existence. I'm willing to bet that this isn't a complete coincidence.

Old Post 10-23-12 00:50
Snakes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Snakes a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

This guy is now on id games database.

Old Post 10-23-12 01:46
buttspit

This "guy" is closely associated with a bunch of people calling themselves Terry. Is it necessary to push his work, grouchbag? Why treat it any different than how most people agree to treat Terry's work?

Old Post 10-23-12 02:07
buttspit is offline Profile || Click here to Send buttspit a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

I am not pushing this "guy's" work.I've played both good and bad wads just like for myself,I prefer it if someone warns me.By the way,you do have a good point.
So your comment is taken in good grace.

Old Post 10-23-12 02:18
hex11

He's not in *my* /idgames database though! :-)

Sadly their DoomWar buddy is, but he doesn't belong in it - none of his maps run in vanilla.

Old Post 10-23-12 02:22
hex11 is offline Profile || Click here to Send hex11 a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
buttspit

I am not pushing this "guy's" work.

Checked out the new stuff over at Gamers.org,and found another *ahem* wad.This one is called Atomic Attack by well, no names mentioned.My advice?Skip playing the wad,just read the text.I found the reading quite silly and whiny.Don't just take my word for it,see for yourself!

Sure, you told people not to play the wad, but what do you think many are likely to do? Just sayin'.

Then there's this:

Could the guy perhaps be getting a "Cackleberry" Award?

Old Post 10-23-12 03:16
buttspit is offline Profile || Click here to Send buttspit a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

Do you even know what a cackleberry is? This is a LOL.

Old Post 10-23-12 03:39
Grazza
=/-

buttspit said:
Is it necessary to push his work, grouchbag? Why treat it any different than how most people agree to treat Terry's work?
Not much to add to that. We get way too much of this junk shoved in our faces as it is.

Old Post 10-23-12 04:18
Grazza is online now Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote