User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Android Doom [don't advocate piracy]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:59.   
Mystery Man in 3D
Mini-Member

Dragonsbrethren said:

Because some people have no problem with profiting off the hard work of others, while doing comparatively little themselves. It's pathetic.

Agreed. I never pay for what's meant to be free. I'm currently finding a way to get the DOSBox Turbo 1.5.0 apk for free. It shouldn't be that hard...

Old Post 10-26-12 23:00
Mystery Man in 3D is offline Profile || Click here to Send Mystery Man in 3D a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chu
Forum Regular

Mystery Man in 3D said:

Agreed. I never pay for what's meant to be free. I'm currently finding a way to get the DOSBox Turbo 1.5.0 apk for free. It shouldn't be that hard...

No dude, that's bullshit. DosBox Turbo is something that the author takes seriously, and he has KNOWLEDGE of the Android's innards and takes advantage of it in his port. Want proof? Buy his version and compare it to AnDosBox or the other one that are just simple straight ports - the free one and the other paid one. DOSBOX Turbo's developer listens to the consumers and constantly updates it. For the price its well worth it and he supports it, which means he genuinely cares. In this case, you can't find a better version of Dosbox - free OR paid. All of Doom's Android ports are shit, and I didn't suggest DT to you so you can go off and pirate it.

Priorities of yours are screwed up - Doom's Android ports (exception is DoomGLES I suppose) don't do ANYTHING to enhance the experience and just port the damn thing over, which is lazy and pathetic. But taking someone who works and actually cares about the users and constantly updates the code to function on all Android devices is something special, and this developer definitely deserves the dimes he gets from selling it. There's a difference between being lazy and profiting off of people's ignorance, to working hard and benefiting both your user base and yourself. There's a reason DT is highly regarded on the marketplace, and he deserves to be rewarded.

Don't be an asshole and pirate this, either - it's only a few bucks and it's well spent, trust me.

Old Post 10-27-12 04:36
Chu is offline Profile || Click here to Send Chu a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote