User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > unit 731 doom / wolfenstein mod
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54.   
Mr. Chris
Forum Legend

Here are my insights after looking inside the WAD with SLADE:

1) The level design is extremely basic, bordering on beginner style mapping. Even my first few maps were not this simple, work on your mapping skills more then show us something. It took a year or two before my maps were decent and rated by the community, but it varies from author to author.

2) The inclusion of unmodified Doom assets, both wall patches and sprites is unneeded and would make the download smaller. Only keep assets you changed in the WAD.

3) There are a bunch of levels without an E#M# marker, thus about 10 or more maps unplayable because of that.

Your response to criticism is poor and I don't like authors who act like a baby when their mod or map is looked upon critically for flaws or errors. Change that attitude swiftly or you will be looked down upon here.

In conclusion, this needs a lot of work if you are to give off the impression of Unit 731 more accurately, especially since the real Unit 731 was composed of over 100 buildings.

Last edited by Mr. Chris on 10-28-12 at 06:02

Old Post 10-28-12 05:54
Mr. Chris is offline Profile || Click here to Send Mr. Chris a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
1.19345614 10^-66 m^4 kg^2 / s^2

Proktor87 said:
It seems doomworld is just run so assholes can insult and not criticize work. ill take this elsewhere. Next time give a true critique instead of just being douchebags. shove that WAD up your ass
What an utter jerk. I'm tempted to remove you right now, but I'll leave you for now. I bet your next post will warrant an instant ban.

Old Post 10-28-12 09:53
Grazza is online now Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote