User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Adding alot on to my mod

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59.   
Proktor87
Warming Up

So I posted a mod called 731 and people weren't happy about it.
I asked people why and all I get is "This is stupid or this is plain" but no one could give me any ideas to add in or how to make it better. Well I got pissed and fired back at people with reason (and yes there was plenty of reason) and went back into my mod to take a look. I realized how to make it much less boring and have begun work on it.
I can't get it deleted off idgames so if you still want to bash it, that's ok because it's just the beta version now.
The real project is being worked on right now.
A couple things people brought up was the fact that it felt plain
and boring. So I'm adding different textures and extending the map design on every map.
Here are some other things I am modifying or adding in

-New weapons including grenades and mines
-Improved sprites and textures
-Glow effect on lights
-New menu with better text
-New music
-Explodeable objects (Nearly every sprite can explode)
-Deathtraps
-Other goodies

I will post this when I feel it is truly finished.

Old Post 11-03-12 04:24
Proktor87 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Proktor87 a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

No, no, no. I can guarantee that people were not bored by your sprites and graphics. What you probably got wrong was your map design. That's what people care about.

Old Post 11-03-12 04:40
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I thought I gave alright advice myself.

I'm agreeing with Krispy on this one though, it's probably better to focus on map design first. Try get some feedback on some regular Doom maps.

Old Post 11-03-12 04:59
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

So you reposted this thread? Seems a bit redundant.

Old Post 11-03-12 05:38
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Click here to Send Sodaholic a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Sodaholic said:
So you reposted this thread? Seems a bit redundant.

Hm, I thought he'd posted it in the wrong place or something.

Old Post 11-03-12 05:51
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gebstadter
Green Marine

I think an Alot would be a cool custom monster, yes.

Old Post 11-04-12 17:45
Gebstadter is offline Profile || Click here to Send Gebstadter a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

If someone makes a wad that replaces the Pinky with the Alot, they'd be my ultra-hero*.

(*it's like superhero, only ultra)

Old Post 11-04-12 19:01
Xaser is offline Profile || Click here to Send Xaser a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Proktor87
Warming Up

Yes I will be adding to the map design. That is the major thing i will be changing.

Old Post 11-06-12 18:34
Proktor87 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Proktor87 a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote