User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Please Tell Me 10 Good Reasons Why I Should DOOM..
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:16.   
AmericanPsycho
Loser

Thanks.

Old Post 11-07-12 15:20
AmericanPsycho is offline Profile || Click here to Send AmericanPsycho a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Olympus

Tell us ten reasons you shouldnt

Old Post 11-07-12 15:25
Olympus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Olympus a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

"Why I should DOOM"

Everyone should DOOM. Just like everyone should food.

Old Post 11-07-12 15:32
DoomUK is offline Profile || Click here to Send DoomUK a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

1) There's no harm in it.
2) It's a simple game to get into and play for however much free time you're looking to kill.
3) There's a wealth of options for how to play, what to play and compatibility for all.
4) You'll probably have fun.
5) It'll make you more attractive to the ladies.
6) Catharsis.
7) You can play it on any piece of shit hardware (or near enough).
8) Any time spent playing Doom is time not spent despairing at how terrible the world is.
9) You know you already want to.
10) This is a stupid thread and the time you've wasted making and reading it could well be better spent playing Doom.
11) Have you got anything better to do? Why aren't you doing that then?

Old Post 11-07-12 15:32
Phobus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Phobus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AmericanPsycho
Loser

Hmm... I'm hesitant. I've seen people be consumed by Doom. Having an addictive personality disorder, I think I should stay away. Been in and out of rehab for various illegal substances.

Old Post 11-07-12 15:53
AmericanPsycho is offline Profile || Click here to Send AmericanPsycho a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

AmericanPsycho said:
Hmm... I'm hesitant. I've seen people be consumed by Doom. Having an addictive personality disorder, I think I should stay away. Been in and out of rehab for various illegal substances.

And Doom's not illegal. So there you go; HAVE FUN!

Old Post 11-07-12 16:01
BaronOfStuff is online now Profile || Click here to Send BaronOfStuff a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
purist

I'm not bothered whether you play or not. What's in it for us?

Old Post 11-07-12 16:21
purist is offline Profile || Click here to Send purist a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

AmericanPsycho said:

So you aren't a Doomer...but you're on Doomworld...

mindfuck?

Old Post 11-07-12 16:27
Eris Falling is online now Profile || Click here to Send Eris Falling a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Six

*insert witty remark here*

Old Post 11-07-12 16:31
Six is offline Profile || Click here to Send Six a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

DOOM is fucking gay; stay away from it!

Now GO! Go and CoD to the extreme!

Old Post 11-07-12 17:09
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AmericanPsycho
Loser

Technician said:
DOOM is fucking gay; stay away from it!

Now GO! Go and CoD to the extreme!

How can a game be gay?

Old Post 11-07-12 17:17
Snakes

Time dedicated to Doom is, mostly, free. Thus you'll save money that'd otherwise be spent on things like prostitutes.

Old Post 11-07-12 17:20
Snakes is offline Profile || Click here to Send Snakes a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

AmericanPsycho said:
How can a game be gay?
You haven't seen half of the joke wads.

Old Post 11-07-12 17:27
Technician is offline Profile || Click here to Send Technician a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Well. I'll explain.

Gamosexuality occurs when a video game is attracted to a video game created by the same company. Examples below

code:
Call of Duty 2 and Modern Warfare 3 (Infinity Ward) DOOM and Quake (id Software) Duke Nukem Forever and Borderlands 2 (Gearbox Software) Team Fortress 2 and Half-Life 2 (Valve Software) Medal of Honor: Airborne and Battlefield 3 (EA Games)

I could go on..

Old Post 11-07-12 17:30
Eris Falling is online now Profile || Click here to Send Eris Falling a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Because Doom is fun, the only reason why I think I should doom.

Old Post 11-07-12 17:49
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Click here to Send Daiyu_Xiaoxiang a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ComicMischief

Lemme see;

1- Flying space tomatoes are DOOM's property, and lotsa fun to shoot.
2- Dumb. Flies. On fire. 'Nuff said.
3- The sound of a Super Shotgun reload is like delicious chocolate for the ears.
4- E4M2/John Romero will make you its/his BITCH.
5- Berserked fist is the best power-up in any game, ever.
6- Doom is too retro to be mainstream, and too mainstream to be hipster. You're part of an elite if you Doom. Not saying what nature this elite is, though.
7- Dead Simple on deathmatch never gets old. Some say it does, but their souls have shriveled into prunes which the rest of us use as chaingun ammo.
8- We still have the coolest monster ever in the form of the Archvile.
9- And the most badass and easy-to-use tools, get modding and see.
10- Final Doom: Plutonia. Love or loathe it, play it through at least once.

There are probably 10^10 reasons to Doom. Here are some I pulled out of my ass; wash your hands after handling them.

Old Post 11-07-12 17:58
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Click here to Send ComicMischief a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimi

AmericanPsycho said:
How can a game be gay?

Because you can't pronounce game without gay.. It's like gay-m. Are you a gay-mer? But if you think of the meaning of the word gay and the purpose of a game. One meaning of gay is happy. One purpose of a game is to make the player happy. So in other words, playing a game can make you gay. Do you want to be gay?

Old Post 11-07-12 18:02
Jimi is offline Profile || Click here to Send Jimi a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

1- Flying space tomatoes are DOOM's property, and lotsa fun to shoot.

Actually a pretty good reason. It's hard to think of a flying enemy as enjoyable to fight as the cacodemon (save for infinitelytallness woes, but nowadays this is easily fixed by using certain ports).

Old Post 11-07-12 18:31
Phml is online now Profile || Click here to Send Phml a Private Message Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AmericanPsycho
Loser

Since Doom is gay, would I be placing myself at unnecessary risk for AIDS by Dooming?

Old Post 11-07-12 18:34
dew
experts

i will count down on your fingers with a rusty cleaver if you don't doom.

Old Post 11-07-12 18:40
dew is offline Profile || Click here to Send dew a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

AmericanPsycho said:
Since Doom is gay, would I be placing myself at unnecessary risk for AIDS by Dooming?

Well only losers play Doom. You aren't a loser...are you?

Old Post 11-07-12 18:42
Technician
Still no custom title

Eris Falling said:
Well only losers play Doom. You aren't a loser...are you?
Not yet but soon if he keeps making these threads.

Old Post 11-07-12 19:29
Xaser
Forum Staple

What's Doom?

Old Post 11-07-12 19:51
Xaser is offline Profile || Click here to Send Xaser a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Khorus
Strife!

Some game that ripped apart the Strife engine.

Old Post 11-07-12 19:54
Khorus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Khorus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

Sounds like witchcraft! We should burn it at the stake. Or cook it like a steak. Or something.

Old Post 11-07-12 19:56
Xaser is offline Profile || Click here to Send Xaser a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Khorus said:
Some game that ripped apart the Strife engine.

No no no that was Wolf3D....

Old Post 11-07-12 19:57
BloodyAcid

Xaser said:
What's Doom?
I saw an ad for the cereal on tv a bit ago.

Old Post 11-07-12 20:51
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Click here to Send BloodyAcid a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

BloodyAcid said:
I saw an ad for the cereal on tv a bit ago.

No no no no no no no THAT was Strife. Doom's the one with those giant helmets at the end of E1M8, right?

Old Post 11-07-12 20:54
Xaser
Forum Staple

You guys are both clearly thinking about Doom 3. Doom came out much later and was subsequently banned from thirteen countries, including the Netherlands.

I still have no clue what it is, though.

Old Post 11-07-12 20:59
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Xaser said:
You guys are both clearly thinking about Doom 3. Doom came out much later and was subsequently banned from thirteen countries, including the Netherlands.

I still have no clue what it is, though.

Got it, it's a first-person shooter where you take control of sgt soap macavish in the british campaign and sgt paul jackson in the american campaign and there's a big nuclear explosion and shit dies. Something like that :3

Old Post 11-07-12 21:04