User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > This crap ends here

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:49.   
ellmo
Custom Title

Can someone already add a filter on /newstuff that would reject everything by doomguy 2000, please?

Old Post 11-09-12 11:31
ellmo is offline Profile || Click here to Send ellmo a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

No, because that would be censorship.

Old Post 11-09-12 11:48
Memfis is offline Profile || Click here to Send Memfis a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

ellmo said:
Can someone already add a filter on /newstuff that would reject everything by doomguy 2000, please?
I'm guessing he's not aware of there being textures called Zimmer in Doom2.

As a tidbit of information to him, regarding the word's meaning. It's German. And it means "room".

Old Post 11-09-12 16:50
kristus is offline Profile || Click here to Send kristus a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Herculine

ellmo said:

Memfis said:

I think the real issue is how the community has dealt with such authors for decades, encouraging them to continue doing more of the same by feeding them with the infamy they crave. Stop feeding trolls and even the fattest one will eventually starve.

Old Post 11-09-12 19:06
Herculine is offline Profile || Click here to Send Herculine a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomguy 2000
Banned

Herculine said:
I think the real issue is how the community has dealt with such authors for decades, encouraging them to continue doing more of the same by feeding them with the infamy they crave. Stop feeding trolls and even the fattest one will eventually starve.

Of course you somehow support censorship because you can't stand the fact that my wads most of the time get more attention than most normal work.

ellmo said:

Mostly the same statement I said above. Just jealous that I get more votes than most normal work.

Phobus said:
Also, where does Doomguy 2000 live? A post code will do. I'm not saying I'm going to permenantly and forcibly stop him from ever producing another .WAD ever again... It's just not a bad idea.

So Phobus is somehow a well respected member yet wants to know where I live and someone supports this idea? Goes to show how easily I can get to people.

Old Post 11-09-12 20:23
Doomguy 2000 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doomguy 2000 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

Doomguy 2000 said:

Of course you somehow support censorship because you can't stand the fact that my wads most of the time get more attention than most normal work.

Attention? Sure, if you don't mind the sort of attention disabled kids get whenever they use the bathroom properly. That's clearly what you desire, so keep it up. Being a complete joke is a niche that usually must be filled within any large community. There's always some useless asshole who fits the bill. There have been many before you, you're not original, entertaining or unique.

Old Post 11-09-12 20:36
Use3D is offline Profile || Click here to Send Use3D a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Use3D said:
There have been many before you, you're not original, entertaining or unique.

And no, we are not jealous of your attention.

Old Post 11-09-12 20:39
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomguy 2000
Banned

Krispy said:
And no, we are not jealous of your attention.

Then why in a previous edition of newstuff did you complain about my wads?

Old Post 11-09-12 20:42
Doomguy 2000 is offline Profile || Click here to Send Doomguy 2000 a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Being angry that you got more attention than you deserved does not make me jealous of you. I complained about your wads because they are crap. Saying I'm jealous is like saying that anyone who is angered by a thief's cargo is jealous. Not to say you're a thief, just making an analogy.

Old Post 11-09-12 21:00
Krispy is offline Profile || Click here to Send Krispy a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

doomguy 2000: snooki of doomworld

Old Post 11-09-12 21:06
dew is online now Profile || Click here to Send dew a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Herculine

Doomguy 2000 said:

Where in my comment did I say anything about supporting censorship? I'm actually against that sort of thing.

Herculine said:

You're very good at trying to put your words into other people's mouths. I typed exactly what I meant in clear and concise Webster's English. Stop trying to wedge your own words in between my lines.

Old Post 11-10-12 05:23
Herculine is offline Profile || Click here to Send Herculine a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomguy 2000
Banned

Herculine said:
Where in my comment did I say anything about supporting censorship? I'm actually against that sort of thing.

Nowhere actually but then again that's the kind of idea you might support if it had something to do with infamous authors. Of course we could stop feeding the trolls, but at the end of the day they will continue to get what they want because others will feed them.

Herculine said:
You're very good at trying to put your words into other people's mouths. I typed exactly what I meant in clear and concise Webster's English. Stop trying to wedge your own words in between my lines.

Well you got me there with that statement, when you clearly said people should stop feeding trolls. With that being said I like to quote the following from Millennia Invasion: "Can I once again say I owned the Doom community? Well I think so!".

Old Post 11-10-12 06:05
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Doomguy 2000, shut up. I remember reading through your Doomguy's Warzone threads on ZDoom and Doomworld, and I've noticed you have a knack for remaining oblivious to what other people are saying if you don't like it. We aren't jealous of your views, we're annoyed that you stole them off more deserving people: you churn out crap that clogs up the archives and doesn't give other people a chance. I have seen many people like you and I'm probably going to see many more: you are not unique. I have tried my best to be nice, but you obviously don't deserve any niceties of any sort. Now GO AWAY!

Old Post 11-10-12 06:52
Obsidian is offline Profile || Click here to Send Obsidian a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

Memfis said:

There are other filters that can be added which don't work like plain censorship. For example wad can get uploaded to idgames but you can set it not to appear on your junk (based on year of uploading, author, tag or whatever). There, problem solved and the 2000th doomguy was of use to make our world better. Too bad it's not happenning.

Doomguy 2000 said:

Mostly the same statement I said above. Just jealous that I get more votes than most normal work.

Well, I assume when your cool stuff hits idgames, people just rate it based on what was shown up in "author" field without even downloading it. Doesn't seem like a thing to get a boner from, but to each his own, I guess.

Old Post 11-10-12 16:17
j4rio is online now Profile || Click here to Send j4rio a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Doomguy 2000 losered because otherwise he's just going to mong up every newstuff thread until the end of time, and it's not fair on people who have released honest efforts and those who would like to discuss them.

Old Post 11-11-12 03:04
Grazza is offline Profile || Click here to Send Grazza a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote