User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > MARUTA 731 MOD LINK AND A NICE RANT

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:20.   
Proktor87
Green Marine

MARUTA 731

Download at http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom/m-o/
Click MARUTA.ZIP

This mod was loosely based on true events involving Unit 731, and is extremely graphic. It is a combination of Doom and Wolfenstein in style.It was first released during its early stages and was given bad reviews so I added a lot to this. If you don't like it this time, you can suck it.I broke away from trying to base it on the real buildings and made it more "Doom-like" instead.

HOW TO RUN:
You must use Zdoom with this. Download it if you don't have it.

FEATURES:
-8 WEAPONS- BONESAW , KNIFE , PISTOL , SHOTGUN , MACHINEGUN , GRENADE AND MINE
-3 ENEMIES- GUARD , COMMANDO AND SCIENTIST
-FREEABLE PRISONERS
-SECRET UNIT 731 MAPS
-EXPLODEABLE CORPSES , PROJECTILE , WALLS AND EQUIPMENT
-8 MAPS (UPDATED AND EXTENDED) PART II IN 2013
-NEW MENU , TEXT , SCREENS , WALLS , FLOORS , CEILINGS , SPRITES , MUSIC AND SOUNDS
-IMPROVED SPRITES AND TEXTURES

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN:
You'll have to keep on your toes in this game because there are various traps , some of which there is no way to get out of fairly. Some of the traps include closing and locking doors , crushers , and even enemy mines.Also keep on the look out for explodeable walls and secrets. You'll know when you see one.

Now that the game is out of the way, I have a message for Doomworld.
I demand your wad review of the Unit 731 mod to be taken down because it's not even up anymore and all your doing is trying to shame me.
This site is clearly put up just to be assholes to people. I mean come on! Post hell?! A place where you can exploit people who put up posts that you don't like or that you laugh at?
What kind of shit is this? Why can't you just delete the threads so no one sees them like everyone else does?
Does it make you feel good laughing at people's old posts?
Do you get paid to fuck around with people?

I'll bet this is amusing you, and it's amusing me too, but I've requested my account to be deleted and you failed at that as well. Now you can ban me I really don't give a fuck, but what you call criticism I call insulting and I'll take you on ten times harder If necessary. It'll be hilarious when this thread winds up in post hell just to be cool and funny and ironic but enough with the bullshit.
You don't like anything because like in the major gaming world, these fucking COD mods shit on everything. THERE ARE OTHER GAMES PEOPLE!
I figured I'd also be a cocky bastard and post the download link to my mod just to piss you off.

You have Post hell and you have a dissecting review section. Trust me, I'll bet you I won't like your wads either. It may be immature to rehash some things that were said, but since I know some snarky dicks are gonna fire at me, I'm getting it out there now. How hard is it to just say "You need to add a lot of stuff" or "Maybe extended your map design and changing textures will help?" Guess what? I did what mostly everyone told me or ignorantly pointed out and you'll still probably find a way to bash it. I don't care though. Give it a 1 star again. I'm not gonna be passing through here anymore anyway. People take it from me, chances are you won't find friendly people on here.

I may return, but chances are, I probably won't. I'm not gonna be like everyone on here and kiss ass for compliments and take people's shit for absolutely no reason at all. Grow some fucking balls people! Make your mods for you and no one else. I do thank you for your tough reviews because I have made my mod ten times better than before regardless of what you think of it now. It's for me and shared with people who can handle it and appreciate it. It seems though that no one is mature enough to handle anything. I could go on and on even more but I've decided to fold. So long Doomworld and thank you for making my time miserable.

Old Post 11-24-12 02:24
Proktor87 is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Chill.

Old Post 11-24-12 02:43
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Olympus

Peace out dude

Old Post 11-24-12 02:54
Olympus is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
I have a custom title now!

Proktor87 said:
Download at http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom/m-o/

You must use Zdoom with this. Download it if you don't have it.

Should be in http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom/ports/m-o/ if it requires ZDoom. </pedantry>

So long Doomworld and thank you for making my time miserable.
You're welcome.

Old Post 11-24-12 03:09
GreyGhost is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

That wasn't a nice rant at all.

Old Post 11-24-12 03:10
Obsidian is online now Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Egregor

I'd honestly be pretty pissed too if I got a negative review from, all people, Doomguy 2000. You must have made something really bogus. Well, if it makes you feel any better, that review doesn't make Doomguy 2000's stuff any more playable.

Old Post 11-24-12 03:18
Egregor is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Proktor87 said:

I demand your wad review of the Unit 731 mod to be taken down because it's not even up anymore and all your doing is trying to shame me.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16967

Actually it's quite up alright. Any wad that's uploaded gets a review eventually, and not just to shame you.

However, he's probably gone so there's no point in replying to this thread.

Old Post 11-24-12 03:19
BlackFish is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Egregor said:
I'd honestly be pretty pissed too if I got a negative review from, all people, Doomguy 2000. You must have made something really bogus. Well, if it makes you feel any better, that review doesn't make Doomguy 2000's stuff any more playable.

Considering he was praising Atomic Attack for how awesome it was, I'd have to dispute Doomguy 2000's definition of a good wad. The screenshots tell a different story from his review. :/

Old Post 11-24-12 03:21
Obsidian is online now Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Egregor

Obsidian said:

Considering he was praising Atomic Attack for how awesome it was, I'd have to dispute Doomguy 2000's definition of a good wad. The screenshots tell a different story from his review. :/

Oh no, I agree. I'm just saying that, for Doomguy 2000 to give a bad review it was either really, REALLY, scary bad, or maybe actually good (?). Based of the ID archives reviews though I'm guessing its the former.

I can't help but feel bad that this community failed Proktor87 but your gunna have problems in life if you waltz into every new scene like your an amazing genius and then get angry when nobody agrees. *sigh*

Old Post 11-24-12 03:52
Egregor is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Now that I have been here a while, and got past my initial hazing, I have found the vast majority of Doomworlders to be talented, gifted and unique individuals who, most of the time, work together really well to produce some really remarkable stuff. Ask yourselves where would Doom be today without you guys. And the answer is pretty much nowhere.

But that said, I do actually agree with a lot of what Mr Proctor has said (minus the anger and the swearing of course.) As a general rule, we have been pretty poor at integrating noobs and helping them become useful and productive members of the community.

Now I know, Maruta 731 is not the greatest mod ever released on these forums. I played through almost all of it, and here is my point. It is not great, but there really was some great ideas in there. With a little work and encouragement, Mr Proctor might have over time, become a great mapper/modder. And in order for that to happen, it takes encouragement, the odd kind word, and yes, usually lots of biting your tongue.

I know we feel that it is helpful for us to be *direct* in our posts, and that if something is crap, then just call it crap and be done with it. And while there is nothing wrong with this, hell, I have done this, don't expect the majority of noobs here to be able to tell the difference between 'bluntness' and 'trolling'. And lets face it, sometimes (not always but sometimes,) being blunt is just the 'cover' we use when we want to rip seven shades of shit out of something.

I've seen this happen a lot over the years I have been here. Expecting someone like Mr Proctor to produce a first mod that meets the standard of work that many of the brilliant mappers/modders who have been doing this for years, is just crap.

Anyway, one little mod is not that important in the overall scheme of things, but I can't help but feel that we are costing ourselves probably several top megawads and dozens of good mods every year because we suck so badly at integrating noobs into the community. And Mr Proctor is just one example of many.

This mod was a long way outside of the confines of what we define as 'good' around here. It was unique, and I actually liked how different it was. Full of interesting ideas. I can only imagine what this might have become if Mr Proctor got involved here, hung around, and simply learned from all the best mappers/modders in the business. (ie you guys.)

Anyway, probably all waaaaaay tl;dr. And nothing I haven't said before. But there. I've said it again.

Last edited by KiiiYiiiKiiiA on 11-24-12 at 04:03

Old Post 11-24-12 03:56
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Well looking at the MAPS they are are honestly uninteresting and very generic in design with no regard for height variation (Although I can understand the last point considering the style). However whatever the reviewer says doesn't really matter there are plenty of WADS that get a bad review yet still get good good ratings on idgames I'll give you a good example of that of some of my own work.

Look at Doom 2 Meets ZDoom shitty review.....

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doomwor...chronicles-413/

Yet on idgames you wouldn't know it's the same wad give the crummy review on Doomworld.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16787

I didn't whine or complain whatever, your Wad is what it is some people will like it some people won't that is the way things go. The community here isn't that bad and if you can't handle a little bit of heat you shouldn't be mapping/modding Doom or any game for that matter. At the end of the day it all comes down to if your enjoying yourself and I've said this before I'd rather hear about the things people don't like than what they do like otherwise you'll never make any improvements.

Old Post 11-24-12 04:24
Pottus is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Extremely well said KiiiYiiiKiiiA.

Old Post 11-24-12 05:07
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Helled just for the shouting if nothing else.

Read the FAQ, lurk more and generally calm down.

Old Post 11-24-12 05:38
Grazza is online now Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote