User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > arkore makes an ass of himself and then apologizes

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:35.   
arkore
Mini-Member

Any reason why no one has signed up for this, yet a bunch of you have signed up for "Five Rooms of Doom" shit? ...

Old Post 11-17-12 07:26
arkore is offline Profile || Click here to Send arkore a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

arkore said:
Any reason why no one has signed up for this, yet a bunch of you have signed up for "Five Rooms of Doom" shit? ...

I was going to sign up for a map until I read this comment then lost interest. Even though I'm not part of that project it just seems discouraging that your remark insinuates that your project is better than another so that is why I lost interest.

Old Post 11-17-12 07:54
Pottus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Pottus a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
arkore
Mini-Member

Pottus said:

I was going to sign up for a map until I read this comment then lost interest. Even though I'm not part of that project it just seems discouraging that your remark insinuates that your project is better than another so that is why I lost interest.

Ahhhhh there you go. You find that one single curse word and you jump on me for it. Ya, okay, way to read between the lines there buddy.

FYI, when I said "shit", that did not mean I am calling "Five Rooms of Doom" shit.

So, I'll spell it out for you.

I'm curious why no one has signed up for mine, given the fact that 1) mine was posted months before "Five Rooms of Doom" and 2) received less negative feedback than "Five Rooms of Doom" did originally in the first several posts of the thread.

That's why I'm asking.

You were going to sign up? Ya, I'm sure. Or, you could just be saying that now and actually never had plans to. You were going to sign up, but my comment made you change your mind? Awww, poor baby. Tough life, eh? Yah. I wouldn't want a baby as part of the project anyways--I'll just do the project myself, if it comes to it.

Old Post 11-17-12 08:11
arkore is offline Profile || Click here to Send arkore a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Well, I used my intuition when I made that post that it wasn't just about 5 rooms of Doom but most likely you have a poor attitude which was exemplified in your last post. So it comes down to that I wouldn't want to waste my time with someone as egotistical as yourself.

Old Post 11-17-12 08:17
Pottus is offline Profile || Click here to Send Pottus a Private Message Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
arkore
Mini-Member

Nothing to do with Ego. I don't need to worry about that, because I already know it's a good idea.

I'm simply curious why no one signed up, given the factors I listed above. I spelled out the facts for you, since you couldn't connect the dots yourself.

But you couldn't answer my question. All you did was further prove the fact that the idea is good by saying "I was going to sign up", then you found some lame excuse to not contribute by whining "waahh, your ego."

Anyways. I just wanted to put people on the spot and see why. Yup. Thanks for your responses so far; they've been quite helpful.

Old Post 11-17-12 08:34
purist

I was very interested in the basic concept of co-op orienteered arena themed megawad but was put off by your restrictive list of instructions like Xaser was.

I'm guessing it was a similar story for most others given the lack of interest and frankly I'm pleased I'm not involved having read your last few posts.

Good luck building a team with that sort of attitude.

Old Post 11-17-12 09:55
purist is offline Profile || Click here to Send purist a Private Message Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

arkore said:
Nothing to do with Ego. I don't need to worry about that, because I already know it's a good idea.

Almost fell out of my seat upon reading this. Thanks for that, I needed a hearty laugh. If this is the mentality that you're carrying into your project, then it is destined for failure from the beginning.

Old Post 11-17-12 14:41
Pavera is offline Profile || Click here to Send Pavera a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
arkore
Mini-Member

purist said:
I was very interested in the basic concept of co-op orienteered arena themed megawad but was put off by your restrictive list of instructions like Xaser was.

Had you followed the rest of the thread, you'd see that list of rules would be flexible. There would be leeway. Either way, if that's too much for you, then bye. I wouldn't want a half-ass person on the project anyways.

purist said:frankly I'm pleased I'm not involved having read your last few posts.[/B]

Aww, you poor baby. I jump on pottus, and now you're all butt hurt about it.

purist said:
Good luck building a team with that sort of attitude. [/B]

What attitude? Because of my responses to Pottus? All of sudden I'm some bad person you can't work with? Laugh.

It's just a project, and this is just a thread. Get real.

Pavera said:

Almost fell out of my seat

Almost read the rest of your post. I stopped reading at that point there.

Old Post 11-17-12 15:21
dannebubinga
Forum Regular

Hahaha. The ATTITUDE!

Old Post 11-17-12 15:46
dannebubinga is online now Profile || Click here to Send dannebubinga a Private Message Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

I feel slightly guilty for provoking him, but I had to make sure if I was going to sign up that he wasn't a 14 year old with a poor attitude which I suspected from that one post. So he's proved that beyond a reasonable doubt but you know what though I believe in forgive and forget if he decides to apologize and man up to his childishness I still would probably even do a map. I believe that you can't succeed without first failing he's failed so it's really up to him to acknowledge that and learn from, it's an important lesson and can go a long way. So don't think anyone is hating on you arkore it's all for the best and you know what if you change the way your acting it will go a long way instead of wondering why no one is signing up put up some maps you've made with screen shots and explain whats going on you need to be proactive because other people are not going to magically make your project come alive.

Old Post 11-17-12 16:07
arkore
Mini-Member

Pottus said:
I feel slightly guilty for provoking him, but I had to make sure if I was going to sign up that he wasn't a 14 year old with a poor attitude which I suspected from that one post. So he's proved that beyond a reasonable doubt but you know what though I believe in forgive and forget if he decides to apologize and man up to his childishness I still would probably even do a map. I believe that you can't succeed without first failing he's failed so it's really up to him to acknowledge that and learn from, it's an important lesson and can go a long way. So don't think anyone is hating on you arkore it's all for the best and you know what if you change the way your acting it will go a long way instead of wondering why no one is signing up put up some maps you've made with screen shots and explain whats going on you need to be proactive because other people are not going to magically make your project come alive.

I'm surprised to see a post like this. It's thrown me off; made me realize.

I appreciate your post, and I agree with it. Past will be past; lessons will be learned; and I will follow-up on the project.

Old Post 11-17-12 16:20
arkore
Mini-Member

and just to confirm, what I just posted (above) is my apology.

Old Post 11-17-12 16:23